[SOLVED] NEW PRODUCTS block modification

I have found the solution! :-)

You need to edit blocknewproducts.tpl file and after those lines of code:

getImageLink($new_products.0.link_rewrite, $new_products.0.id_image, 'medium')}" alt="{$new_products.0.legend|escape:htmlall:'UTF-8'}" />
           {if $new_products|@count > 1}getImageLink($new_products.1.link_rewrite, $new_products.1.id_image, 'medium')}" height="{$mediumSize.height}" width="{$mediumSize.width}" alt="{$new_products.1.legend|escape:htmlall:'UTF-8'}" />

add another pair(s) of thumbnail images:

getImageLink($new_products.2.link_rewrite, $new_products.2.id_image, 'medium')}" height="{$mediumSize.height}" width="{$mediumSize.width}" alt="{$new_products.2.legend|escape:htmlall:'UTF-8'}" />
getImageLink($new_products.3.link_rewrite, $new_products.3.id_image, 'medium')}" height="{$mediumSize.height}" width="{$mediumSize.width}" alt="{$new_products.3.legend|escape:htmlall:'UTF-8'}" />

You can add as many rows of thumbnails as you like but need to remember to change the each new product number/id in:
$new_products.NUMBER.link
$new_products.NUMBER.legend
$new_products.NUMBER.link_rewrite
$new_products.NUMBER.id_image

Examine the above code to understand it.

Also, you would need to remove all those links that appeared below thumbnails by deleting the code that was between:

If you choose to have 8 thumbnails to be displayed - you will also have remember to set this number of products in your New Products module through the Back Office!

yes, if you want to display more than 4 for top sellers

modify blockbestsellers.php line 35

$bestsellers = ProductSale::getBestSalesLight(intval($params['cookie']->id_lang), 0, 5);

$bestsellers = ProductSale::getBestSalesLight(intval($params['cookie']->id_lang), 0, 10);

tpl will be the same changes

Cheers man. Just another question along the same lines.

Is there a way I can select items to go in the sidebar like the new items product list?

This way I could choose what products potential buyers would see first :)

well, yeah, there is a way to do it. you just need to use a link and picture of your desired product, instead of code that brings out the latest added items.

but wouldn't it be better to promote (as that's what you wanna do, right?) specific products through your Featured Products block?

can't you just modify the look of Featured Products block to show pictures only or something?

I think it is in homefeatured.tpl line 15, I didnt try yet, but should be here

{$product.description_short|strip_tags|truncate:130:'...'}

just tested

homefeatured.tpl Product name is here line 14

{$product.name|truncate:27:'...'|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}

homefeatured.tpl Product description line 15

{$product.description_short|strip_tags|truncate:130:'...'}

you can go to my website see the demo

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey.

Friend Octahedron.
I read your post on "NEW PRODUCTS block modification", very good.
But you see, is it possible to do the same with Block Specials, causing it to show 5 products on promotion (pictures and description), because the block only shows 1 standard ...
Need to make this change and still could not solve it, if you can help me thank you very much.

Frank Darela

www.naommotores.com.br/shopping

• 4 weeks later...

Any idea how i could do something similar to the new product block, only keeping the product titles and descriptions? Basically i want to add a product image to the left of the product description. Ive managed to add images to the left but the images come out the same, so i have 8 products with the same image !