Seeking Solution for Paypal Error 10736

Pressed0024

I'm losing sales each day due Paypal error 10736.

ERRORCODE0 -> 10736L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Shipping Address Invalid City State Postal CodeL_LONGMESSAGE0 -> A match of the Shipping Address City, State, and Postal Code failed.L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

This error occurs when customer mis spell his City. For example, if "EastGreenville" is used instead of "East Greenville", Paypal rejects the payment and throws the error. Customer keeps trying and have no idea what's wrong.

The solution is to use a drop down menu for known cities that Paypal checks in USA, Brazil, Canada (so far that I come across that checks for cities). However, Prestashop is not willing to make city as a drop down menu as it will take a long time to load the address form page as mentioned in forge.prestashop.com.

I'm sure many other merchants also face this problem.

Any developer that is willing to come out with a Paid module that effectively solves this problem without degrading page slow speed, I will buy your module. I'm also willing to pay you to develop and later take ownership to sell it to others. Just make sure you are committed to maintain the module long term.

• Like 1

This might be a novel solution to your problem, http://ebewe.net/sho...tocomplete.html there is also a demo here http://ebewe.net/sho.../authentication

Thanks for the wonderful suggestion

It does save customer time in filling up their address but does not solve the Error 10736 because in my example of the City "East Greenville", customer would enter the street address, their city may not automatically appear. So he will continue to type the city "EastGreenville". Google api cannot detect and understand "EastGreenville" and will not show any results. Thus the customer will continue with the incorrect City spelling without the spacing and it gets submitted to Paypal.

Another example, the street address "1310 E 6 th street" might throw up many different cities and states of which google won't list all. So customer would continue typing the City (while misspelling it) and no results get shown. This will also result in customer submitting wrong address data to Paypal.

Edited by Pressed0024 (see edit history)

But wouldn't not sending delivery_address to Paypal strip the merchant off any merchant protection eligibility? As much as I would like to get that annoying Paypal checking step off the hook but the check itself does serve some good intentions.

I think your only option then is going to be something like adding post code any where then. Nothing is perfect, this is a paypal issue and without access to paypals code on their servers, no one is going to be able to really do anything. I don't really think you want to spend the 40 or 50k that could be involved for someone to write a database of every city in the world with misspellings.

The best way to handle this seems to be to display a proper error message to the customer and handle the error more gracefully. i.e. redirect the customer back to the address step and have a warning saying they have a typo in the address details, so they can change it.

Have you considered going to express checkout only? That way the address information is entered on the paypal side.

This may solve the problem but we lose important stored address data which can be used for customer service related enquiries by customers at post-sales.

The best way to handle this seems to be to display a proper error message to the customer and handle the error more gracefully. i.e. redirect the customer back to the address step and have a warning saying they have a typo in the address details, so they can change it.

This may help lessen customer's stress of having to enter their credit card details each time a failed address is experienced. However, customers may keep thinking "St. Clair Shores" is the correct spelling for his City instead of "Saint Clair Shores" and keep attempting many times and still experience the same error message. After maybe 3 times, he gets frustrated not knowing what's the problem and leave the store. Worst, we may not be registering this error because no failed order attempt is created this way. Merchants are left in the dark without knowing they are losing sales due to incorrect City spelling.

I think so far for US addresses, a pre-defined list of City in a form of a drop down menu would solve this problem from the bottom line. When filling up the address section in downwards order, the State field should appear first before the City field. This allows the Cities to be filter to show only for the chosen State.

Some UI experts out there may however have a better idea how this should be done. Let's discuss here

Edited by Pressed0024 (see edit history)

Pressed0024,

You should test the express checkout. What it actually does is people enter their information on paypal, and paypal sends a hook back to your shop that automatically enters all of the persons contact info / address / delivery address into your shop. So you do not lose any information. It is actually pretty nifty.

As far as the pre defined list of cities, I don't buy that it will work. If you really want to try it out, you can use postcodeanywhere, they have a plugin for prestashop.

• 4 months later...
Hello, I can correct the error no. 10736 paypal directly in your hosting, and give her a full debug module paypal, not to have problems in the future.

To correct the module takes about 2 hours.

I am a developer certificate paypal, and I guarantee the utmost seriousness

The details of how to send them a private message.

• 2 years later...

Hello, I can correct the error no. 10736 paypal directly in your hosting, and give her a full debug module paypal, not to have problems in the future.

To correct the module takes about 2 hours.

I am a developer certificate paypal, and I guarantee the utmost seriousness

The details of how to send them a private message.

Hi, how to do that ? can you tell us ? we can pay for it also

If you use our Agile paypal express checkout module, you may be able to avoid the problem. What we do in express checkout is we do not use customer address created in prestashop, we redirect customer to paypal to finish payment first and then register customer at our store use the address from paypal.

You can find out module here

https://addons-modules.com/store/en/standalone-modules/10-agile-prestashop-paypal-express-checkout-module.html

Please remember to use Exprss Checkout mode.

If you use our Agile paypal express checkout module, you may be able to avoid the problem. What we do in express checkout is we do not use customer address created in prestashop, we redirect customer to paypal to finish payment first and then register customer at our store use the address from paypal.

You can find out module here

https://addons-modules.com/store/en/standalone-modules/10-agile-prestashop-paypal-express-checkout-module.html

Please remember to use Exprss Checkout mode.

Hi, no problem, i will buy your this module, but what is the different between your Agile module  and     PayPal v3.10.1 - by PrestaShop     module ?

my site don't have https, does your this module work well ?

let me know asap

what is the different between your Agile module  and     PayPal v3.10.1 - by PrestaShop     module ?

We are using different API of Paypal and implemented in a different way.

my site don't have https, does your this module work well ?

Our module does not need HTTS on your store. It will redirect customer to paypal website, Paypal site is HPPTS so it is secured for customers.

We are using different API of Paypal and implemented in a different way.

Our module does not need HTTS on your store. It will redirect customer to paypal website, Paypal site is HPPTS so it is secured for customers.

Okay, thank you, but why i can't see this module on your demo site ? 

• 2 years later...