Custom page with form

blister47

Hlo guys, im new to prestashop and have recently setup a store...what i want to do is to create a custom page that contains a form. Upon submission of this form, the form content are to be mailed to a specific mail address.

Any advice on how to proceed??

Thanks.

hello,

and what about default contact form?

I'm asking because if you want to create completly separate form, you have to create module - it is the easiest and the best method to achieve what you want. But in this case you have to be familiar with php and prestashop development

hello vekia...the form is not intended for the customers of the store..so i think the default contact form will not be suitable....

i am familiar with php...but here i think creating module will require to me to know hooks and others stuffs...i created a basic module but was only able to display it in the homepage....

please advice...thanks..

you can create module with page (you have to create controller) - you dont have to use hooks in this case.

how to create page? you have to create class for extend ModuleFrontController

example:

class contactformModuleFrontController extends ModuleFrontController{
module code here
}

then you will be able to open the page: www.yourwebsite.com/modules/contact/form

more informations about extending modulefrontcontroller you can read here: http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS15/Creating+a+PrestaShop+module#CreatingaPrestaShopmodule-Embeddingatemplateinthetheme

hlo vekia...thanks for the advice...

i cloned the contact controller and made the neccesary adjustments.....and it worked....

although it has worked....i am not sure if it the right way to go about.....

i will also go through as you advised...thanks...