Google Sitemap module problem after latest update

Hi

I have a website in 2 languages. Previously I have used the sitemap module and it generates one index file and 2 other sitemaps, one for each language.

Today I updated the Sitemap module. It says it completes ok but the index file is not created. It appears as the other 2 files are generated but the link to the index file from the backoffice leads to a 404 and I checked the ftp as well. The 1_en_0_sitemap.xml and 1_es_0_sitemap.xml are there but not the index file that the previous version generated.

Anyone had similar issues?

Hi

I have a website in 2 languages. Previously I have used the sitemap module and it generates one index file and 2 other sitemaps, one for each language.

Today I updated the Sitemap module. It says it completes ok but the index file is not created. It appears as the other 2 files are generated but the link to the index file from the backoffice leads to a 404 and I checked the ftp as well. The 1_en_0_sitemap.xml and 1_es_0_sitemap.xml are there but not the index file that the previous version generated.

Anyone had similar issues?

I am from Italy and I have this problem:

The new Google sitemap has generate the file: 1_it_0_sitemap.xml but it not work because when I update it on google it give only errors and tell me:

TAG XML IS MISSING

I got errors as well when uploading to Google.

Finally I have reverted to an older version of gsitemap and it appears to work and google accepts the xml files just fine.

The 2.3.3 version is not ok, at least not for us.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still using 1.9.

Not perfect, but works better than any 2.*

Sometimes i think if it wasn't on purpose, so someone can sell a good sitemap module. I mean, why take so long to fix something that looks simple, take the urls and output to a file... I haven't built one myself because i'm busy with another project.

I moved back to 2.1.1 which came with the original upgrade to 1.5.4.1 that I did and this version seems to work ok.

Will Give it a try thanks.

I am from Italy and I have this problem: The new Google sitemap has generate the file: 1_it_0_sitemap.xml but it not work because when I update it on google it give only errors and tell me: TAG XML IS MISSING

I'm still using 1.9. Not perfect, but works better than any 2.* Sometimes i think if it wasn't on purpose, so someone can sell a good sitemap module. I mean, why take so long to fix something that looks simple, take the urls and output to a file... I haven't built one myself because i'm busy with another project.

Hello everybody, if you could please use the updated GoogleSiteMap module 2.2.6 attached in this post, compatible with v 1.5

Make sure confirm a working backup of your Database and PrestaShop files before changing any module. Keep me post and thank you!

gsitemap.zip

• Like 3

I don't think it's working.

The problem is still with multishop, at least.

First i select only one shop, and in the sitemap was a mix of all shops.

Second, in a product had a link for site A, but the image link was from site B.

Last, it did not "built" the main index for each page. We have almost 2500 product, on a dedicated server, timeout more than 10 minutes for php, and memory limits, and it still "times out". If i click again, it will start from scratch.

Last, it did not "built" the main index for each page. We have almost 2500 product, on a dedicated server, timeout more than 10 minutes for php, and memory limits, and it still "times out". If i click again, it will start from scratch.

Hi sadlyblue, you are right. In multi-shop the images are not being called from the right URL. We are fixing this feature for the next small update and we will update you as soon as be publish it. Thank you!

I have regenerated the site map using version 2.2.6 and I still have the problem of an incorrect URL(I think friendly URL is being generated). If I turn friendly URL's on to fix the site map problem the cart stops working with a 404 error.

Hello everybody, if you could please use the updated GoogleSiteMap module 2.2.6 attached in this post, compatible with v 1.5

Make sure confirm a working backup of your Database and PrestaShop files before changing any module. Keep me post and thank you!

Works!

• 3 weeks later...

Have the same problem in multistore. It takes some url's of other shops. Get notifications of Google Webmaster tools with 404's. Can't be good. Think I have to turn Google Sitemap off till it's solved. Even after latest update 2.2.7.

I just don't understand why is taking so long to fix these problems...
Benjamin Utterback, when can we expect update 2.2.8 wich finally helpes us out??

Hi sadlyblue and robbie007,

Do you think you could PM me your FTP information, along with your Contact info, and BO Log in and Password.

However, first, Be sure to confirm a working backup of both your mySQL database and PrestaShop files through FTP... We will take a look at the issue.

Both of you are using Multi-store right?

Hi sadlyblue and robbie007,

Do you think you could PM me your FTP information, along with your Contact info, and BO Log in and Password.

However, first, Be sure to confirm a working backup of both your mySQL database and PrestaShop files through FTP... We will take a look at the issue.

Both of you are using Multi-store right?

Since this is not my own store, but owned by the company i work for, you understand why i can't give you those accesses.

But, if there are any tests, or ideas on how to solve, i can help with that and test them.

First i wonder if you have already tested on a new multishop install with a couple of products and a couple of languages and stores. If it works fine there it should work well with our sites.

Hello Benjamin ! 

Where is google sitemap in Prestashop/modules, I can't find it ? Can you post newest gsitemap module for Prestashop here ? will be work with Prestashop 1.4.10 ?

Thank you

PS, I tried to install this 2.2.6 version d/l from this post on PS 14.10 but it makes bank when click configure in BO/modules/seo/Google sitemap v2.2.6 by PrestaShop/configure

Edited by rakepl (see edit history)

Hello everybody,

We are working on this issue with Google Sitemap and Multistore. If you are having this issue and you are using Multistore, feel free to create a backup of your database and PrestaShop files, and PM me your FTP information with back Office credentials. Our Dev team will take a look at your store.

I will keep you updated on the release date of the new module. Thank you!

Anyone with alternatives??

I'm thinking about developing an alternative for our store. We don't want to display our suppliers, we still use the old system for images,... and other options.

I don't think i'll even bother (and waste time) creating the options for those things, since we don't need them.

Hi to all,

I just created sitemap with a default module (2.2.8 version from the gitHub) but I needed my hosting provider to increase the value of max execution time to 120 sec.

Just saying if someone is having problems with timeouts...

How do you know when sitemap have issues with bad URLs?
This is mine and it does show some error on the top of the file >>> http://dekom.co.rs/1_sr_0_sitemap.xml

Is that it?

P.S. Can someone explain me this what is option: "Check this box if you wish to check the presence of the image files on the serve" actually do? 

Thanks.
Dean

Edited by Dolke (see edit history)

Just to report that Google just refused my sitemap.

It reported error in parsing.

I will try using 2.2.7 or 2.2.6 version untill Benjamin post that they have fixed this module.

Hi Dolke, if you are using multistore then I'm not sure if it would work for you. Please keep us updated on the status. We know what the problem is and we are working hard to fix it asap. It certainly is taking longer than expected and we appreciate everybody's patience as we solve the problem. 

Thank you!

Hi Benjamin,

Check everything that I posted, all options.

I don't use multistore but still Google reported problem with all 3 sitemaps generate respectively with 2.2.8, 2.2.7 and 2.2.6 version of the module.

Hope issue will be fixed soon.

Thanks 

I already provided you access. All for the community :-)

It's a very important issue (to let search engines better understand your presta stores), so please help them too guys.

Hi Robert, good news. It seems that we fixed the issue on your store.

We fixed it by deleting one line of code in the classes/dispatcher.php 

You can take a look at the change here, https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/commit/3607c2264fb7ba9a3dae0e173098ecc0f6b16488

I suggest others to see if this change is reflected as well. 

Benjamin,

I can't find  this line of code in presta 1.5.5, so deleting will be a bit hard. Maybe we have to look for the older despatcher.php and see what happens??

Anyway, i was hoping for a real solution by now....Is a new setup of v. 1.5.5 and multistore/multilanguage not giving any problems?

Ok, the latest version (2.2.9) seems to solve some issues; the XML is valid at least. For me, the URL's from my second store are not friendly, and result all in a 404 error.

So the remaining issue (the one i started with) is my url in the sitemap looks like this:

my-url/nl/index.php?controller=product_rule&id=1001&rewrite=overhemd-wit-51001&ean13=&meta_keywords=maathemdoverhemdoverhemd-op-maatoverhemduniwitkatoen&meta_title=

where i expect (generated correct in the first shop):

my-url/nl/overhemd-op-maat/1001-overhemd-blauw-51001.html

Im not sure that I follow. 

Where is the link to 2.2.9 version.

All I see here is that we need to delete one line in classes/dispatcher.php but I dont see new module.

I was using 2.2.8 module with this line deleted from the file.

Google reported me the same parsing error.

@bannerclick
Thanks for clarifying that for me.

@mark-b
Thanks for the new file Mark.

I just wonder now with 2.2.9 version do I still need to delete line 209 in dispacher.php file or try without deleting?

Benjamin proposed that as solution for a specific website and not general solution.

Thanks.

Unfortunately this doesn't work for me.

Here is the screenshot from the webmaster tools and error that I'm receiving.

http://www.screencast.com/t/NsRdX9kMdoG

Any suggestion?

Mr Benjamin?

Hello, have you edited the path to your URLs in the dispatcher?

Hi,

I have updated with the latest version of gsitemap.php but I am still getting friendly URL's when I am not using them.

Any ideas?

Could you make sure to have a backup and delete your htaccess manually in the backoffice and regenerate. 

Although I don't see any errors in my webmaster dashboard I'm still not sure is this sitemap performing alright or now.

For example many images are not indexed and there a re certain pages that are in the sitemap but not crawled. 

What do you think guys?

Take a look at : http://www.screencast.com/t/bOPcx2yN

@Nemo1

I guess that one of the temporary solution... so basically you don't check problematic tables right?

This is the script I mentioned:

$manufacturers_id = Db::getInstance()->ExecuteS('SELECT m.`id_manufacturer` FROM `'._DB_PREFIX_.'manufacturer` m INNER JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'manufacturer_lang` ml on m.`id_manufacturer` = ml.`id_manufacturer`'.($this->tableColumnExists(_DB_PREFIX_.'manufacturer_shop') ? ' INNER JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'manufacturer_shop` ms ON m.`id_manufacturer` = ms.`id_manufacturer` ' : '').' WHERE m.`active` = 1  AND m.`id_manufacturer` > '.(int)$id_manufacturer.($this->tableColumnExists(_DB_PREFIX_.'manufacturer_shop') ? ' AND ms.`id_shop` = '.(int)$this->context->shop->id : '').' AND ml.`id_lang` = '.(int)$lang['id_lang'].' ORDER BY m.`id_manufacturer` ASC');

As you can see if that table doesn't exist, it's not joined... but the where statement is there anyway. So, yes, it can be edited as a temporary solution

Nevermind, I was thinking something else  :rolleyes: 

Im not a developer, well at least not yet, and Im not familiar with the code so Im not sure what are you getting there or what you have found :D

But if I got it, in PS 1.5.5, and you are using vanilla version right, some exception is thrown if the table is not present in the DB when creating a sitemap because there is a condition they all should be joined right? So if there is no condition there is no error right?

Why should be such a condition anyway? I guess some Google rules or not?

You mean broken for 1.5.5 PS version?

Well it seems like this module was broken for 1.5.4.1 version as well but these few last changes made it work.

Im not sure why Prestashop officials are not taking more attention to this issue? I really wonder what could be more important than fixing module which is so important?

Well neither version of the module was working on neither PS.

Only these last few tweaking did something but I always states that those are not real solutions.

As end user, I don't want to touch my dispacher.php to fix my sitemap module, no.
I would like it to work, that just the fact.

You can now tell me its open source and so on, sure it is, but does open source means that essential parts not working, I guess not.

But I don't want to complain... instead want to help, be involved as much as I can and make PS the best ecommerce solution.

Well neither version of the module was working on neither PS.

Only these last few tweaking did something but I always states that those are not real solutions.

As end user, I don't want to touch my dispacher.php to fix my sitemap module, no.

I would like it to work, that just the fact.

You can now tell me its open source and so on, sure it is, but does open source means that essential parts not working, I guess not.

But I don't want to complain... instead want to help, be involved as much as I can and make PS the best ecommerce solution.

Thank you for your support. Have you tried the latest gsitemap from Github? 

The fixes have worked for many users and I would love to know if it works for you. You can download the zip from here, https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop-modules (The button to download is on the right)

Extract, and upload the new gsitemap module. Let me know if it works for you. Thank you. 

Thank you for your support. Have you tried the latest gsitemap from Github? 

The fixes have worked for many users and I would love to know if it works for you. You can download the zip from here, https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop-modules (The button to download is on the right)

Extract, and upload the new gsitemap module. Let me know if it works for you. Thank you. 

Dear Benjamin,

I guess I still need that line 209 deleted from the dispatcher.php in order to use this Github version right?

Can we all conclude something from this last few posts so new users can find the answer they are looking for?

OK so here is the current situation:

* Original native Prestashop (both 1.5.4.X and 1.5.5.X) Google sitemap module is not working properly.
* Problems seem to appear on multishops as well on singleshop websites.

* There has been efforts from the community to solve these issues, there for new version of the module has been lunched.
* Download link for the new version is in the Mr. Benjamin s post no. 93 at the bottom.
* This new version is requiring line 209 from the dispacther.php file (located in the classes/dispatcher.php) to be deleted.
* This fix so far is applied only for prestashop version 1.5.4.X while others using 1.5.5.X still experience issues which were explained by  Mr. Nemo1 i the posts 73,75 and 77 of this topic.

In conclusion we are still waiting for a real-deal solution from the Prestashop developers. This real-deal solution would be simple, fully-functional, universal (not depending on a version of Prestashop) module for generating clean Google sitemaps. That way well be affecting our SEO in a positive way and send clear msg that Prestashop is no. open source e-commerce platform.

Cheers

• Like 1