Edit:- now doing all stock items individually.

Running V 1.5.2

(I have seen items relating to V 1.4.* but nothing for V 1.5.*)

Products

I would like to do global messages in the following boxes:-

Displayed text when in-stock:

Displayed text when allowed to be back-ordered:

Single language: English

As it is not a feature within preferences I presume that I have to alter files.

Could someone please advise me how to do this as I do not want to edit all items individually

Thanks in advance

G

Edited by JerseyG (see edit history)

Its within the stock section on the actual product page within the admin. If you want to change it globally rather than per product you would need to change the en translations just look for "Availability / in stock / out of stock" and enter a custom translation.

Hi Coco the cat

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Here are two links to what I am trying to achieve. I have done these manually (message in red) but I do not fancy going back and doing all the others, very time consuming.

http://www.fptg.co.u...oduct&id_lang=1

http://www.fptg.co.u...oduct&id_lang=1

Surely translations will only adjust the core not the custom per item.

G

Edit

These links now show a change using translation and the one in red is entered into every stock item individually

G

Edited by JerseyG (see edit history)

If you go to the translation tab, front office (make sure you pick the correct theme) click the english or us flag depending what your using and look for this:

product - 57 expressions (68 missing)

CTRL+F or CMD+F (depending your browser and computer its a short code to pull up FIND) and type product - in should find that section on the page and then this field

This product is no longer in stock = (enter a custom value you want shown site wide in the blank field)

item in stock = (enter a custom value you want shown site wide in the blank field)

If you ever need to enter a specific one for A product then in the future it will not override any code settings :) Good Luck

Edited by cocothecat (see edit history)

Hi Gerry

Sorry I had to take a break to do something else.

Problem with this solution is that with my settings no text is displayed when the stock is at zero so the translation method is not going to work.

Thanks again.

G

$databaza = mysql_connect('localhost', 'db_user', 'db_password'); 
mysql_select_db('db_database', $databaza);

mysql_query ("UPDATE `shop_product_lang` SET `available_now`='WHAT YOU WANT TO DISPLAY IF IT IS ON STOCK'"); 

mysql_query ("UPDATE `shop_product_lang` SET `available_later`='WHAT YOU WANT TO DISPLAY IF IT ISN'T ON STOCK'"); 

Put this to .php file, upload to root directory of your e-shop on FTP and when you want to update status of your added products just type www.youreshop.com/yourfile.php and it will automaticaly update all products with this words ;) or if your web hosting provider allows CRON, just put link to this CRON and set period of updating :)

Enjoy ;)

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I am sorry but please explain more how i can make this ? I copy paste the text below. i put my database user instead of 'db_user' and my password. also my database name instead of db_database' . but it didnt work

$databaza = mysql_connect('localhost', 'db_user', 'db_password');
mysql_select_db('db_database', $databaza);

mysql_query ("UPDATE `shop_product_lang` SET `available_now`='WHAT YOU WANT TO DISPLAY IF IT IS ON STOCK'");

mysql_query ("UPDATE `shop_product_lang` SET `available_later`='WHAT YOU WANT TO DISPLAY IF IT ISN'T ON STOCK'");

Put this to .php file, upload to root directory of your e-shop on FTP and when you want to update status of your added products just type www.youreshop.com/yourfile.php and it will automaticaly update all products with this words ;) or if your web hosting provider allows CRON, just put link to this CRON and set period of updating :)

Enjoy ;)

I am sorry but please explain more how i can make this ? I copy paste the text below. i put my database user instead of 'db_user' and my password. also my database name instead of db_database' . but it didnt work

if you don't want to run sql queries, check this:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/257380-solved-product-page-in-stock-is-not-translated/page__p__1311507?do=findComment&comment=1311507

• 2 years later...

The translations section is not solving this for me. If the "In Stock" text in the Availability section of the Quantity tab for a product is blank, then the In Stock message does NOT show on the product page. All "In Stock" text on the translation page is filled out, so that unfortunately is not the solution for 1.6.0.11