PrestaShop Theme Question, was it Hacked?

Earlier today, I purchased a theme through the store. After installing, the following information appeared on the store theme and on my website and it is on the shop website.

http://addons.presta...emo/FO4935.html

I sent an email through the store website but did not receive a response. I removed the download from my server but I am concern that others may have the same problem and I notice that each of those images filename ended with the word HACK.

Very disappointed in my first buying experience and first attempt at Prestashop. I paid for a theme I cannot use.

I have attached another images so you won't be looking for "WALDO".

post-615028-0-25239500-1372458895_thumb.png

post-615028-0-03937700-1372461412_thumb.png

post-615028-0-62630600-1372769599_thumb.jpg

Edited by onlinerepa (see edit history)

images looks like a part of a template

you can probably edit them in the back office in the modules section

just search for right column banner / left column banner modules and try to "configure" them

hope i understood you well

I'm sorry but I don't think you understand what I am saying. If you look at the verbiage used on those three images, it is unrealed to the theme flow and how is it that the words,

We Denouce with Righteous Indignation

Contrary Belief

Indignation with Righteous Contrary belief

Falls in line with this theme?

Deleting the image probably won't fix this issue when several of the images end with the Word HACKED. What other codes are in this theme that I am not aware of as a newbie?

Hi repa,

texts of ads look suspicious indeed. (Some illuminati took over?).

I just messaged a PS member to have some PS dev members look into it. Hope they see the problem.

I would be double careful using this theme... Virus scanners up to date?

pascal

I don't think that the theme is hacked. The wordage on the theme that says "hacked" may just be a part of theme. Have you contacted the developer of the module.

I'm pretty sure that those are just sample images in corresponding blocks of theme/modules included. Contact the Developer and see if there is an issue that you should be concerned about.

The link to contact the developer was submitted but I have not received a response. I don't see a word on the them that says hacked but that word was added as a part of the images name. Not receiving a response concerns me and as the MERCHANT I should be concern.

Hi Benjamin, that is where the difference is. You are looking at the information as filler as a coder. I am looking at the information found as the Merchant that intends to provide a safe and secure purchasing environment to the consumers that will be using the site. An judging from all the "Like This" is see, the consumer will always by the underdog. There should be a "Don't Like" button provided.

With that being said. I do not intend to pursue PrestaShop.

Many thanks to all.

Hi onlinerepa, those are just pictures that were included in the theme. Your theme was not hacked, you can changed the pictures and names as you like, just like any other picture or theme.

I just wanted to see where in the world you saw the word "hacked" attached to any of your pictures. I highly doubt it. Why don't you just change the pictures that you circled?

Hi repa,

texts of ads look suspicious indeed. (Some illuminati took over?).

I just messaged a PS member to have some PS dev members look into it. Hope they see the problem.

I would be double careful using this theme... Virus scanners up to date?

pascal

Pascal did you receive a response from your contacts?

I don't think that Pascal saw the demo of the module you purchased.

http://addons.prestashop.com/demo/FO4935.html

That's the official demo and it has the same pictures in the demo. The developer used a tool to populate the text fields with random text. The pictures are part of the theme that you download and you just need to find the modules>leftcolumnbanner and modules>rightcolumnbanner to configure and change the pictures.

in my opinion there is nothing to worry about, developer of this theme used the name that may be suspicious, but it's not a problem, it's just a part of the module exactly as Benjamin suggested above. Just take a look on the other templates, there are a lot of weirdy pictures with dummy texts (it's for demonstration purposes)

Hi Repa,

I contacted Benjamin to tell the 'community' developers to have a look at it (If he knows them). Not sure if he checked it with them.

Anyway, I do agree that IF there is nothing to worry about, the pictures are badly chosen. It's not the type of advertisements I would place on a demo site. It can, as we notice, at least create confusion, and it can be a reason people don't buy the product out of worries. (For you too late though, OnlineRepa, as you bought it already, but readers of this post may reconsider twice...)

So, The others think it's harmless, I think the ads self are either extremely badly chosen (and cannot imagine the developers chose that, actually. The text doesn't make real sense) OR are convinced Atheists. The demo page itself doesn't show a file name of the picture that says hacked though, so the site doesn't seem to be hacked. If the official version has the word hacked in it, I would try and try again to get in contact with the developers. Heard more often though that the 'community' developers are hard to find...

Good luck,

pascal

Hi Repa,

I contacted Benjamin to tell the 'community' developers to have a look at it (If he knows them). Not sure if he checked it with them.

Anyway, I do agree that IF there is nothing to worry about, the pictures are badly chosen. It's not the type of advertisements I would place on a demo site. It can, as we notice, at least create confusion, and it can be a reason people don't buy the product out of worries. (For you too late though, OnlineRepa, as you bought it already, but readers of this post may reconsider twice...)

So, The others think it's harmless, I think the ads self are either extremely badly chosen (and cannot imagine the developers chose that, actually. The text doesn't make real sense) OR are convinced Atheists. The demo page itself doesn't show a file name of the picture that says hacked though, so the site doesn't seem to be hacked. If the official version has the word hacked in it, I would try and try again to get in contact with the developers. Heard more often though that the 'community' developers are hard to find...

Good luck,

pascal

Sometimes having dummy text (i.e - lorem ipsum) on images / demo shop may cause confusion with customers as well.

And yes, those images and text are quite bad chosen.

Thank you Pascal, your response is appreciated and thank you for taking the time to check on the concerns of the customer, buyer, and merchant.

I spoke to customer service yesterday and forwarded the information for review. The response was also of concern with the choice of "filler words." Whether the words used are intentional or intentional, "I" would rather have it checked than to draw on a quick conclusion and response. You and two others have done that and Thank you again. :D

Please check the initial post for the last image found, I could not post within this post, I kept getting a message indicating the extension was not allow in the forum (jpg and png). If there are more or if there are issues, it will eventually happen, if not to me to someone else that purchases the product.

Have a great day everyone.

C. Nelson,

Customer Service Analyst

HI, it is not so much the background image as it is the text added over the image that concerns me and I hope the designer makes an adjustment. It is a really nice theme with less thought applied to those images.

Yesterday we were reviewing opencart and saw the same theme with four similar images. The item was viewed 3,462 times and 0 votes since posted on 9/2012.

That's great. It's better to be safe than sorry. I agree that the random text is very confusing, the developer should take the time to populate those fields with something comprehensible. There is nothing to worry about, they are just pictures. Most likely, you can change them according to the modules I mentioned in my last post.

HI, it is not so much the background image as it is the text added over the image that concerns me

Exactly!

Well, let's close this post and hope next time developers are a little more considerate about pictures and text used in their demo/product files.

Repa, Success with your shop!

pascal