How to search and ask questions for Forum Responses

Hi, first moderators are not paid.

Typically when a post is not responded to, it lacks sufficient detail. Most common is not posting the ps version.

Here is a guide that might help you get better results in your posts.

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/256751-read-first-forum-rules-and-best-practices/

In review of you two topics, Mr. Utterback worked with you on the Fedex issue. While we can play 20 questions without actually having access to the back office can make solving a configuration issue very difficult if not impossible.

I recommend that if you are unable to get the results in the community forum, that you open a bug report. The link for this can be found in the forum rules and best practices.

• Like 2

Well they should be paid IMO.

But hey this post at least got a response.. the wheel that squeeks gets oiled as my father would say. I would say that my posts have had sufficient detail and yes benjamin did help with that. I would gladly give a moderator privilege to my back office to help me with issues that are out of my scope of knowledge.

On the fedex issue, you should open a bug report, per the forum guide lines.

You could not pay me to do this...as then I would have to many bosses....

I would say that you posts do not have sufficient detail, at least not when first posted...your contact question, does not contain the ps version...your fedex question did not have ps version until asked for.

Well, i see your posts for the first time, and believe me im trying to read all of available threads here - the same as other moderators here. And even if i don't know solution - im usually trying to help (sometimes it's necessary to debug the problem to find the working solution) - We are here for all of you, merchants with own prestashop store :-)

im going to check your threads ! :)

regards

I'm sorry to seem abrubt and if i didn't provide proper information. Fedex told me to kick rocks.. and when I called presta they said the same thing. And my programmer I work with (hes in india) can't find the issue.

Hi TDCadmin, please update the status on the original thread. http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/256010-fedex-issue-only-free-shipping-shows/page__fromsearch__1

I'm sorry if you feel like your topics are not being responded to. That's really not the case, we are all working together to help each other. A good tip to search and find answers in the forum is by going to google.com and using the "site:" search functions that allows you to search only a specific site.

That will help you get closer to the solution and have a more informed question.

for example, a search query could be "edit contact form site:prestashop.com"

you will have found multiple solved topics to have a better idea what and how to ask.

The issue happen , as some time people try to got solution of a site which is on localhost or may be on maintenance mode. Some problem need to check site on live. without watching, it is difficult to find the problem. So those who need help at least give problem like and his or her prestashop version and some information which they need.

I also try to help but some post do not have proper information, so i normally skip the post.

• 3 years later...