Products Appearing in Wrong Category

First post, so please be gentle with me :)

I'm building my website and entering products and assigning them to categories and sub categories.

When I filter the product list according to category in the back end, it correctly shows me which products are in that category.

In the front end, if I use the category selector on the left hand side of the page (www.brenigoutdoors.co.uk) it correctly shows me which products are in the category. All working according to plan.

Underneath the product, it shows "Other Products in the Same Category" which it does correctly.

However, If I click on one of these related products, it displays that product but the "Other Products in the Same Category" now shows all products in the database as being in the same category.

Has anyone come across this problem or know a solution please?

Many thanks

Graham

PS1.5.4.1

Theme http://addons.presta...-equipment.html

Minic slider module

Additional product tabs module

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I have a similar problem.

Products from one category are appearing in another category. I've checked it in Associations, and even though there are no boxes ticked in the wrong category or its sub categories, it still has (1 selected) written next to the wrong category. I cannot deselect. 

Any help with fixing this would be very welcome.

Best regards,

Tom

I managed to cure my problem by unchecking "Home" association in Catalog - Products - Associations. Home is checked by default and this was causing the problem. Although I correctly associated them into my categories, they were in Home by default.

Don't know if that helps, but I hope so.

Graham

Hi Graham,

Thanks for your response. I've had a look at the Associations and the home category was already unchecked. I've also clicked Uncheck All and had a look at the Expanded category tree in Associations to make sure that nothing is Checked, nothing was, but still next to the wrong category there is in brackets (1 selected).

I've had a look at the product list in the front office where the product should not appear but does and had a look at the breadcrumbs to ascertain the path to the product. It appears to have a set of sub-categories in that path, which no longer exist. All I can think of is that these old categories have not been deleted from the database correctly and are still being referenced by the software. I'm going to look for a way of deleting them manually from the database.

-

Tom

I'm still very much a beginner, but there does appear to be quite a few problems which can be solved by editing the database. I managed to get the store name to change correctly yesterday and today's task is to get the pre tax and after tax prices working.

Hope you can sort it out.

Graham

• 6 months later...

Hi,

I have a similar problem.

Products from one category are appearing in another category. I've checked it in Associations, and even though there are no boxes ticked in the wrong category or its sub categories, it still has (1 selected) written next to the wrong category. I cannot deselect. 

Any help with fixing this would be very welcome.

Best regards,

Tom

Hi everyone. I came across with the same problem. I am not able to deselect ALL the categories. Always, keeps selected one.

Have you been able to fixed this issue?

I look forwards your replies.

Thanks

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks! I too had an issue with products showing up in all categories no matter what category was selected, and also filtering was not working. I just went to the back end and set use cache to no and it fixed my problem. thanks!

This problem occurs if cache "file system" selected. You can resolve by closing the cache system (I figured that at least)

Edited by Milliona (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

This problem occurs if cache "file system" selected. You can resolve by closing the cache system (I figured that at least)

Hi!

I have the same problem, 

however my shop has no cache enabled, so no cache File System :(

What else can be?

Thanks for your help guys!

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi,

I have a similar problem, i upgraded the layered navigation module and the problem is fixed.

Hope it helps someone else.

Hello,

I am using the default layer navigation module in multistore and recently i figured that a specific group of products that show up in both stores do not show up only their category but also in other ones. The problem stopped and products disapper from the wrong category when i disabled layer navigation module. Using PS 1.6.0.9 & latest version of layer navigation.

Any hints more than welcome  :ph34r:

• Like 1

• 4 months later...