[MODULE] Braintree Payment Module (with ApplePay, Google Pay, Venmo, Paypal)

bellini13

This module will allow you to process Credit Card, Apple Pay, Paypal, Google Pay and Venmo payments in real time through Braintree's payment gateway.

FEATURES

• The payment module that will collect the Credit Card, Apple Pay, Paypal, Google Pay and Venmo payments from your customer.
  • ApplePay support for PS v1.6 and v1.7
  • Google Pay and Venmo when using the Dropin UI
  • The gateway interface to Braintree for authorizing the sale.
  • Process void, capture and refund transactions from within the admin products back office page
  • 3D Secure Supported
  • SCA Supported
  • Advanced EU Compliance compatible (PS v1.6.1)
  • Module is certified for Prestashop v1.6 and v1,7
  • Note: You must have an SSL certificate installed and enabled to use Apple Pay, Google Pay, Paypal or 3D Secure

Visit bellini-services store to purchase or Purchase on Prestashop addons

Latest Module for PS 1.6: v2.5.0

Latest Module for PS 1.7: v3.2.0

Please visit our product pages for the latest Screen Shots

Edited by bellini13 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I have applied the module supplied by Bellini and so far so good. Support is very good as they have spent a long time on even a very minor issue. It seems great for the price.

I have a minor issue that support has not seen before, perhaps it is related to our currency. It is resolved, but I am curious about whether or not it affects other users. Or if in fact I am just very stupid.

Does anyone else have both a sandbox account and a live account with Braintree? if so, are they both in USD, and are your merchant account id's the same in both live and sandbox accounts?

In my case, they were different. The Bellini module has a live and testing selection in configuration that is useful as it allows you to switch between the two accounts without changing keys. But it only has a section for one merchant account id - it is global for both the live and testing account.

Since my merchant account id's are different, I simply had to change the merchant account id to suit whichever account I was using, live or sandbox.

Anyone else found the same or do most peoples two accounts have the same details?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The module has been updated to version 1.10 which includes the following changes

• installed backward_compatibility, moved css/js/template files to their respective folders.  Patched Logger usage to only work above PS v1.4.0.3.  Various function updates to use PS tools
  • fixed order confirmation page redirect when used with PS v1.4

Hi

I installed the module and I've configured with the test data braintree provided to me . I do not know how to fill the "Test Merchant Account Id for EUR" field. What I should put there?

My payment screen, I think that is not correct:

2ufdovp.jpg

Regards!

ferrer019 contacted me on my website and below was the resolution.

The merchant account Id is provided by Braintree, and can be found within the Braintree Dashboard settings.

The issue with the payment screen occurs when CCC was enabled using his custom theme.  The module works properly with the default Prestashop theme and with CCC enabled, so the client will reach out to the theme author to see if there is an issue

• 1 month later...

I recently made the switch on my own server.  You do need to signup for both a sandbox and production account with Braintree.

The Braintree and Stripe modules function very similar to each other.  You would just need to purchase and install the Braintree module, and then configure the module with your Braintree merchant account details, much in the same way you do for Stripe.

The module has been updated to version 1.13 which includes the following changes

• v1.11: Adds support for Braintree's Advanced Fraud Detection services
  • v1.12: Updates to support PS v1.6.  Updated order confirmation message when the order status is pending.
  • v1.13: implemented module upgrade process.  include new hooks that were recently added in the upgrade process.  restyled the refund section for PS v1.6

HI bellini13, i have been trying to figure out how to make module work with multiple currencies. When customer trying to checkout with any other currency than USD they get an error, i will contact Braintree and ask them if i can accept other currencies. If they wont let me do that, is there any way i can let customer browse with any currency but force them to checkout with USD? not sure if it has to be done with Braintree module or currency module

To accept payments in other currencies, you must apply for that currency with Braintree.  They will give you a new merchant account Id that you will enter into the module configuration for this new currency.

The module does not support converting currency

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks i will contact them.

One more question, is it possible to add something like this to order page?

Q7ydL9G.jpg

For example i create an order manually with status Pre-order and when products available i will send them request to pay. 

There is already this option under ORDERS>CREATE ORDER but once it's created i cant send a request

To accept payments in other currencies, you must apply for that currency with Braintree.  They will give you a new merchant account Id that you will enter into the module configuration for this new currency.

The module does not support converting currency

One more question, is it possible to add something like this to order page?

Q7ydL9G.jpg

For example i create an order manually with status Pre-order and when products available i will send them request to pay. 

There is already this option under ORDERS>CREATE ORDER but once it's created i cant send a request

It sounds like you could customize your order detail controller to include this functionality.  This is not something I would add to the payment module.

• 1 month later...

Hello, Prestashop does not support recurring product, payment and order model, and therefore this Braintree module does not either.

If you have specific requirements you would like to document about how you would capture recurring product orders, please let me know and I can see if they can be addressed.

The module has been updated to version 1.16 which includes the following changes

• enhanced to account for backordered order status
  • fixed issue when changing the order status to 'payment accepted'. The module now verifies the transaction status with the gateway, and updates the Status to 'paid' accordingly.
  • the module now handles [spam-filter] and AVS in a different manner. In previous versions, the module considered [spam-filter]/AVS failures when the response code was not "Match". Now the module only considers failures for response code "Does not Match". This does not affect your [spam-filter] and AVS rules configured within your Braintree Dashboard, this only affects the Prestashop Order Status used for new orders, as well as the transaction details that are captured within Prestashop.
  • changes to adhere to PS coding standards

The module has been updated to version 1.16 which includes the following changes

• enhanced to account for backordered order status
  • fixed issue when changing the order status to 'payment accepted'. The module now verifies the transaction status with the gateway, and updates the Status to 'paid' accordingly.
  • the module now handles [spam-filter] and AVS in a different manner. In previous versions, the module considered [spam-filter]/AVS failures when the response code was not "Match". Now the module only considers failures for response code "Does not Match". This does not affect your [spam-filter]/AVS rules configured within your Braintree Dashboard, this only affects the Prestashop Order Status used for new orders, as well as the transaction details that are captured within Prestashop.
  • changes to adhere to PS coding standards

Thanks for the update. Are you planning on adding module to the Prestashop addons, so it's easier to update for us?

Edited by fishordog (see edit history)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The module has been updated to version 1.20 which includes the following changes

• Introduces the new Paypal button.  Braintree now allows merchants to accept payments via Paypal, and optionally store them in the Braintree Vault
    • A module configuration setting to enable/disable the Paypal features
    • The module now creates a customer within the Braintree Vault. This allows storage of payment methods into the Braintree Vault
    • The customer can now pay directly with their Paypal account during checkout.  Their account is stored in the Braintree Vault so it can be easily re-used.
    • The customer can add 1 or more Paypal accounts if they wish.  Existing Paypal accounts will be displayed during checkout so they can re-use them.
    • Add payment instrument type to the Back Office Order Details.  This allows the merchant to determine if a Credit Card or Paypal account was used.

Other notable changes

• new module configuration setting to enable and disable paypal future payments
  • new module configuration setting to enable and disable the transaction log recorder
  • new configuration setting to capture a UUID for the store.  this ensures a unique customer Id in Braintree in case the merchant uses this across multiple Prestashop stores and other integrations
  • only store card details if payment instrument is credit card
  • only show card details on admin order details if payment instrument is credit card
  • only detect CVC and AVS failures if payment instrument is credit card
  • correct issue with creating Braintree Customer ID, the UUID was too long
  • refactored loading the braintree javascript SDK to deal with issues with one page checkout
  • upgrade Braintree SDK library to 2.28.0
  • module documentation updated

• 3 weeks later...

The module has been updated to version 1.21 which includes the following changes

• The Braintree library requires the xmlwriter extension.  A check for this extension has been added to the module configuration.
  • Fixed issue with Braintree payment status showing unpaid, even though it was paid correctly.
  • Fixed exception handling when looking up a Braintree transaction from the back office order details page.
  • No longer display the transaction fee in the back office.  Braintree does not provide a transaction fee in the API, the value will always be zero.

• 3 weeks later...

If you are just talking about viewing your website on a mobile device browser, then the payment module would work properly.

If you are referring to a mobile app that would be downloaded from iOS or Android app store (which the Braintree One Touch is about), then the answer is no, I don't create solutions for mobile device apps

The module has been updated to version 1.22 which includes the following changes

• Enhanced module to account for new Paypal Settlement Pending and Declined transaction status
  • Updated Braintree SDK to v2.31
  • Updated module javascript to support minify html
  • Updated module documentation
  • Fixed issue with module upgrade files, some upgraded files were being skipped
  • Added a configuration test to the module config page
  • Updated module technical requirements to match Braintree SDK requirements
  • Misc code refactoring

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The module has been updated to version 1.24 which includes the following changes

• Implemented the Braintree Dropin UI, with a configuration setting to enable or disable it.  You can learn more about the Braintree Dropin UI here
  • The module will now record 'Paypal' or 'Credit Card' as the payment method in the orders payment details.  It used to show Braintree
  • Updated Technical Requirements so that SSL is only required when mode is Live and Paypal is enabled.  Credit Card does not require SSL, however it is still recommended.
  • The module will no longer store the Credit Card info in the database.  Remove fields from the database and removed code that stores it
  • If the customer paid using Paypal, the module will now display the Paypal email address in the back office order detail page
  • If the customer paid using a Credit Card, the module will now display the Card BIN.  The BIN is the first 6 digits of the credt card and is helpful when using Fraud Detection services.
  • Update module documentation with new features

Heya,

Your module is great, and i am very pleased with my purchase of this, but today i encountered a problem.

The module doesnt work at all, it doesnt automaticly light up the credit card used, and i get a "bt error 1" when a customer tries to make a purchase.

I really hope you can help me with my problem as i cannot accept payments from my customers at the moment.

Best Regards

How can I delete payment step before customer confirm an order - we work with pro-forma

1. Customer confirm the order

2. We receive the order and check the stock

3. after send by email payment option

For us is very important first to check the stock and after customer to pay

If I delete payments option customer cannot place the order

Please help me to solve this dilemma, thank you in advance.

Our site:edeliadhop.com

Thank you in advance for support and help

post-866169-0-17758600-1415012263_thumb.jpg

post-866169-0-24071500-1415012283_thumb.jpg

@zylle: Please contact me directly on my website or via the addons store (if you purchased the module there). 

@nadelu: Is your question in regards to the Braintree module?  The Braintree module does not allow for creation of an order without first making the payment

When debug mode is enabled, the logs are stored in '/module/braintreejs/logs' folder.  You can use FTP to see them.

With debug mode disabled or enabled, the module will also record various messages in the back office Advanced Preferences > Logs section. 

• 1 month later...

Guys i am going to start my new prestashop website. I do not have much funds in order to purchase this module. can any one please help me by giving it to me at discounted rates? 

Any help would be much helpful. 

Please help me by doing so.

bhavi

• 2 months later...

The module has been updated to version 1.25 which includes the following changes

• payment error messages will now properly appear when using Dropin UI
  • updated expiration date months so they can be translated
  • add trim to API Key fields (left and right)
  • update back office order details to pull directly from Braintree
  • include AVS/[spam-filter] results in order details directly from Braintree
  • enhanced the information that is captured in the order message
  • updated the list of test cards in the module configuration page

Yes, Braintree does support recurring payments through their Subscription model.  However Prestashop does not support Subscription products or recurring orders. 

Since Braintree requires a Plan for each subscription, you would have to figure out how you would manage creating Plans in Braintree for each of your recurring products.

Then when a customer purchases one (or more) of your products in Prestashop, how that would associate to the Plan in Braintree. 

Then you would need to deal with the Subscriptions and what should happen in Prestashop (a new order every month, week, year etc...). 

What should happen if the payment fails? 

What if the customer wants to cancel the subscription?

What if the customer wants to change the payment method?

If you would like to document all of your requirements, I can consider providing you an estimate to create a separate recurring payment module for you.  However this is not something I would be adding to this payment module, as it would drive the cost of the module up significantly, and not everyone wants those features.

• 1 month later...

I was thinking about getting this module but given the slow speed of customer service response on their website I"m wondering if it'll be a problem when need/if assistance during install and config.

Also, is there an update coming up? Do you charge for updates?

I was thinking about getting this module but given the slow speed of customer service response on their website I"m wondering if it'll be a problem when need/if assistance during install and config.

I suspect the high amount of reviews on my website suggest otherwise. 

Also, is there an update coming up? Do you charge for updates?

You can read the terms and conditions on my website for this answer

The module has been updated to version 1.26.0 which includes the following changes

• display the postal code from the billing address in the back office order details
  • fixed the "processed on" date and time on the order details page
  • highlight the Paypal email address if it is different than the customers email address
  • add new Paypal attributes to back office order details
  • add module configuration options to show/hide card logos during checkout (only applies when Dropin UI is disabled)
  • add "checkout mode" config option to control where payment form displays (payment page vs dedicated page)
  • The payment method will now reflect "paypal" or "credit card" instead of Braintree (only with PS v1.6.0.7 and higher)

• 2 weeks later...

HI Bellini,

For a long time I used your module version 1.23 in a PS1.5 store, it is a great module, never had issues processing cards or PayPal.

I recently upgraded my shop to PS 1.6.0.14 and also upgraded the Braintree module to V1.26.

I keep getting "There was a problem processing your credit card, please double check your data and try again." even when the data is correct.

I went back to V1.23 and everything is back to normal, and working great.

I would like to use your V1.26 of the module (it includes nice features) but I can't figure out why it is conflicting with my current PS version.

Thanks,

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello.  I'm having some minor trouble setting this module up.  The instructions recommend setting it up as follows:

For Payments that are authorized but have failed CVC and/or AVS checks, you should use your new “Pending Order Validation” order status.  For Paypal Payments that are authorized but are in the “Settlement Pending” status, you should use your new “Pending Order Validation” order status.

But I don't see an option for "Pending Order Validation" in the drop-down menu.  Is there a new recommendation for these settings?

Also, when I get to the final stage of the order process, it doesn't ask me for the [spam-filter] or postal code.  See screenshot.  What's going on?

Untitled.jpg

Thanks.

Steven.

Edited by NewAtThis (see edit history)

Hello, the modules documentation also include recommendations for creating a new order status called "Pending Order Validation", so you should re-read the instructions.

In order for the [spam-filter] and Zip Code to appear when using the Dropin UI, you need to enable AVS rules in your Braintree dashboard.  Also stated in the instructions.

• Like 1

Hey, wow, thank you so much.  You are absolutely right.  I was not careful enough when I read the instructions.  Thanks for taking the time to give me a nice answer even though it was my fault.  Have a great day!

• 2 months later...

Hi bellini13

I've just install the module Braintree v1.27.0 - by Bellini Services

and in test mode just after click on payment method (on checkout page) there is blank page (error 500)

Could you help with it ?

Should I send you login data on private message ?

• 2 months later...

The module has been updated to version 2.0.0

• Support has been added for the "advanced eu compliance" and "advanced payment" features PS v1.6.1+
  • Braintree Hosted Fields solution replaces the custom payment form.  Use this instead of the Dropin UI for a more advanced payment form, while remaining PCI compliant.
  • Only show the Fraud Risk Decision if risk data is present
  • Show the 3D Secure information in the back office order detail page
  • Add MAESTRO card logo
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Good day, when i install this module, do i have to disable the paypal module? Cause i don't understand if braintree already integrate paypal payment, i don't want to confuse my customers or get conflicts in prestashop. Can you explain to me how it works?

With Braintree, Paypal is not enabled by default.  So if you wish to continue to use your existing Paypal module, you can do so.  Your customer will see 2 options during checkout, a credit card option via Braintree, and a Paypal option via your Paypal module.

Now if you do not wish to use your existing Paypal module, then you can disable or uninstall it, and then enable Paypal within your Braintree account.  Our Braintree module includes a PDF document with those instructions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The module has been updated to version 2.0.1

• updated Braintree Javascript SDK to v2.24.1
  • update the advanced-fraud-tools to use Version 2
  • when void/refund is processed, add entry to the payment table with negative amount
  • Fixed issue when using dedicated page mode, where an error message would not appear for failed payments
  • add support for the following language locales when using Paypal Vault or Express Checkout options (en_us, da_dk, fr_fr, de_de, en_gb, zh_hk, it_it, nl_nl, no_no, pl_pl, es_es, sv_se, tr_tr)
  • in dedicated page mode, update the buttonText "Pay by Credit Card or Paypal" so that "or Paypal" only appears if the "Use Paypal" option is enabled.
  • fixed token issue when using advanced eu compliance checkout

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am getting the following error "our browser does not support this Paypal feature. Please try another payment method or contact our support team if you believe this is an error"

I have enabled paypal in the module, as well as at braintree, so not sure issue?

Thanks,

Jmaes

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I am getting the following error "our browser does not support this Paypal feature. Please try another payment method or contact our support team if you believe this is an error"

I have enabled paypal in the module, as well as at braintree, so not sure issue?

Thanks,

Jmaes

I have this same error. SSL is installed and enabled so I don't know what the problem could be.

eta: just found out that I need to login to Braintree to apply to accept Paypal payments separately (although I already use my Paypal login to get into Braintree). Maybe this is the problem. I have now applied and am waiting for response.

Edited by Pez (see edit history)

I have this same error. SSL is installed and enabled so I don't know what the problem could be.

eta: just found out that I need to login to Braintree to apply to accept Paypal payments separately (although I already use my Paypal login to get into Braintree). Maybe this is the problem. I have now applied and am waiting for response.

The modules documentation is quite clear about this. 

• 1 month later...