Need Help - enabling SSL in back office causes redirect loop on checkout pages

BJC

Hello,

I had SSL enabled and Stripe working perfectly until I upgraded my site from 1.5.2.0 to 1.5.4.1. After the upgrade, I enabled SSL again but have been unable to get it to work. If something is placed in the shopping cart and I try to checkout, I cannot access the checkout pages. I get the following errors:

Firefox:

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

IE:

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Chrome:

This web page has a redirect loop

The web page at https://www.thesilve...com/quick-order has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer.

Here are some suggestions:

Reload this web page later.

Learn more about this problem.

Error 310 (net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS): There were too many redirects.

I have tried using both the 5 page and quick one page checkout, but get the same results.

I am not able to move past this so I have turned off SSL and only use PayPal to accept payments, which is a problem because quite a few customers prefer not to use PayPal.

I really need some help with this.

Thanks.

• 4 months later...

I got the same problem when trying to enable SSL Chrome is complaining of a redirect loop as the page is going to bluehost (my host) and not claybourg. 

The Sripe module is complaining that I do not have SSL enabled, however the checkout still works as long as I don't use the one-page checkout.

This post is from June, did you fix it?

Edited by claybourg (see edit history)