Top horizontal menu not showing my categories

hello,

i installed a prestashop 1.5.4.1 v

and i deleted all of the existing categories. now that i'm trying to create new one's, in the BO under catalog->categories, it's show the new categories.

but i can't see them in my site. when i'm going to the modul - top horizontal menu, under categories there is only one category that calld - "ROOT (my shop)"

*NOT using

Multistore (it's in disable)

domain: http://www.icenet.co.il/bags

please help!

you deleted root category or not?

when you're creating category you've got possibility to define category as "root"

ApRSkUq.png

then all categories add to this root cat.

reply please to my question abour root (home) cat

• Like 1

so, when you're creating category - you've got possibility to select parent category, right? seect "HOME" as parent category.

then if you've got category on categories list, go to the top horizontal menu and reconfigure it.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello,

I suddenly have the same issue with Top Horizontal Menu v 2.0.6, all categories and sub categories are not opening anymore (from top horizontal menu)

PS 1.6.0.8

This is quite important issue, isn't it?

Cheers

M

EDIT: I don't think the issue is related to top horizontal menu because even if I insert (sub)categories' links manually the page is empty....what can it be?

Edited by mehere (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

I have just updated form 1.6.0.9 to latest one and all my categories in top menu have disappeared.
After a few days of research I found that in main categories table two first categories where inactive.
ps_category table, active column, two first rows were "0", after setting them to "1" they showed in top menu module back-end.

Hello dear its very easy way, just go to module which appear in left category, then select it after this module long tab is open then click top horizontal menu in module list. after this sub list is open click front customize at top box shows add or remove category. Left corner show your all ready add category add one by one and save now your problem has solved.

Have a great day. if you need more help contact with me sales at mianwebtech.com

Hello everybody

I recently upgraded from 1.6.0.9 to 1.6.0.14

I can live with some of the things that no longer work, but strangest most frustrating error is that I can no longer manage the categories that appear in the Top Horizontal Menu block.

Before the update I could go to Modules > BlockTopMenu > Configure and manually Add and Remove the links and/or categories that appear on this block.

Since the update, some of the links to the category no longer appear, and I can no longer manage the block to select and Add or Remove.

#frustrated.

The live site is at http://gemwitts.com/shop/

Please compare with the screenshot attached.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzoforgHU8SaQUdDay1FbEJVMTQ/view?usp=sharing

(Although this is UNRELATED, the fly out menu navigation in the Admin page is also no longer working, I have to use the Search bar in the top left of the Dashboard to get to anything now) If you can fix both errors please help.

For solving this problem you must edit categories with id_category=1 and id_category=2 and make sure that these are active and then save them.

You can edit an existing category and change id_category in address bar.

for example: index.php?controller=AdminCategories&id_category=12 ==> change 12 to 1 or 2.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I have a small problem in top menu which is responsive one comes with default settings, when ever i check out in mobile , it shows only category and on clicking it sub menu does not shows up otherwise in DESKTOP version it is working..... I have already clicked on tablets and Mobile in backend.

the link is http://tsmfresh.com/tsmshop/

Vekia Pls advice ..

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

hello there,

am making use of the top horizontal menu in the online store. i tried to display the categories in the menu but when i go to the module, it doesnt display the categories for me to select the one i want. 
please can you help me fix this? 

• 3 months later...

I was swtiching between two themes. After switch to default-bootstrap switch, my Top Horizontal menu is behaving in abnormal way. PS version 1.6.1. 

http://ayushho.com/

Help me in fixing the issue

Go to BO > Modules > Positions and at position Header look for Top horizontal menu. If you can't find it there, transplant the module on the hook displayHeader.

Edited by gabdara (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Either your module css not loading and you should try uninstall/reinstall the module or hook it to the header like gabdara mentioned or its loading older module css from cache from previous theme which in this case you should disable CCC for css and delete your cache files.

Good luck

• 7 months later...
Guest locen
Hi, now i have megamenu module but I want to go back with default menu.

I have problems with parent categories.

this is menu--> 

if i would shows products-->accessories, cufflinks ecc it shows only if i click with mouse right button.

then if i move mouse on another categories, it doesn't change

i don't want shows sub-sub categories, i would shows only main categories like "accessories, cufflinks ecc"

prestashop version 1.6.0.9, module version 2.2.3

please help me

thanks

Edited by locen (see edit history)

Guest locen

I solved the problem by uninstalling and reinstalling the module. 

but now i have another problem. i tried to add and choose positions for images that i added in categories and shows in menu but i can't choose positions and i can't add more images than one. 

someone can help me? thanks :)

Edited by locen (see edit history)