Gift wrap per product

Hi, I'd like to know if it's possible make gift wrapping enabled by product and not by order, IE an customer buys five cd's and wants gift wrapped all of them separatedly.

We'd like to add the option on the product info page, with eventually image of gift wrap(box).

Any help will be appreciated, thanks on advance!

• Like 1

Good morning

This might be a bit messy but:

Have a gift wrap category with all your gift wrap images.

Each gift wrap could have a dropdown box. IE 1x 2x 3x gift wrap with price

Have a link to the gift wrap category hard coded or using a html box on your product pages

Well it's just a thought

Paul

• 3 months later...

Im looking for the same option. I tried to do this adding my different gift wrap options as a combination but this makes me have to add a qty of stock for each gift option.

Im looking for an option to just have gift wrap as an additional item on the product page and be able to add a price.

Anyone know of a way to do what we are looking for or an addon.

• 2 weeks later...

If you want the gift wrapping option on each product page just create an attribute with 'Wrap' and 'Not Wrapped 'as a default

Customers/Attributes & Values

I want add wrapping to each product in the shopping cart so it shows the price of each product unwrapped and then when the customer selects wrapped calculates the extra charge(excl VAT)

Anybody with an idea??

Cheers

Julian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What about using attributes?

I would to be able to select gift-wrapping for each product during the checkout instead of having it as an attribute.

Putting it as an attribute is not a good way of solving it for me at least. To me, that's an option you choose whether you want it or not at the end of the purchase.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Bump

We would really need this as well, Something simple at checkout like a checkbox next to each product in the order and then a fixed price per item would be fine. You could set something like 1$ a product with a cap at 5$ per order.

Having the same fixed cost for 1 or 500 products is almost impossible to use.

Bump

We would really need this as well, Something simple at checkout like a checkbox next to each product in the order and then a fixed price per item would be fine. You could set something like 1$ a product with a cap at 5$ per order.

Having the same fixed cost for 1 or 500 products is almost impossible to use.

Totally agree with you. A checkbox is good enough to solve it.

The fixed cost is a problem, and it's also common to wrap each product instead of wrapping everything into one package when you give gifts to someone.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump, I need this too... I like the way Amazon does it, it just has a checkbox on each product in the cart so enable gift wrapping for that product and the the cost is based on the number of gift-wrapped products.

Maybe we should open a ticket on the forge with this improvement, even thought they take years to answer...

• 2 years later...

Hello.

I have a different problem.

I have the option activated, is shows the option for every product, it shows up when I add products to cart but  when I remove one product its gift wrapping option is still visible.

How can I make the option disappear when removing  one product?

Someone can help?

Thank you.