Shipping problems

Hi there,

Let me first off try and explain what I'm doing cause it could be confusing. This is for version 1.5.4.1

Basically, I have one carrier setup to post to everywhere. This carrier though I want to charge different amounts, depending on which country it is. So if it's in the UK and Ireland, it will say £10, if it is USA, it should be £20 and if its Europe (UK being set in its own zone as UK & Ireland) then it will be £30 for example.

That is what I want, but it doesnt seem to be working that way.

If I select $ for example and put something in the cart, it converts the cost to $ from £, but its the cost of the UK. So the customer see's a price of say $5, but in fact, its just converted from the UK price and not the actual converted cost of the US shipping.

It only changed the price, once the shop knows where I'm shipping to. It will change it from say $5 to $15 only when I have put an address in which is in the US.

Is there anyway in which the shop can tell what shipping price it should be, before the customer puts the address in. It should be able to tell just from my clicking on $.

Many thanks,

Edited by mmowmf (see edit history)

Hi Paul,

Many thanks for your suggestion. It did initially look like this would be ok, however after asking the customer service team of the module, it only works for products and not shipping, so you can have a different price for a product per country.

Do you or anyone else know if theres something that does it for shipping? Logic would say that if I click the $ currency sign on my shop, it should automatically detect that shipping is likely to be to the US too. If it can convert the product prices into $, surely its possible for it automatically put the shipping of that Zone too?