inekedevries.com

I-de-V

Hi All

I'd be very grateful for feedback, comments and suggestions about I de V Jewellery (just launched at inekedevries.com) as this is my first foray into online sales.

As I have based the site on the default theme, I'd be particularly interested in looking at themes that may be better suited.

Personally, I think the Prestashop developers have done a great job with the default theme.

Thanks!

I-de-V

Good morning,

Well, as you said you have used the default theme but, with a little time and a little css knowledge you could easily make your site more

elegant to match the products you are selling. You can always look here to give yourself a few ideas and for css look here

I wonder, is their a reason to have 2 search bars and your categories displayed 3 times on your home page

My pet hate, the PayPal logo, it does not suit any website

Your images in the home featured module and product pages do not fit the little boxes they go in

The links in the information block would perhaps look better in the footer

Hope this helps a little

Paul

ps. welcome to the forum

Thank you for your feedback and suggestions, Paul.

It certainly does help and I'll be getting onto it again tomorrow.

Getting those images to fit the default box dimensions has been a bit of a challenge but I'll work it out.

Thanks, again!

I-de-V

One very quick and easy change for the default theme is to use a top bar navigation I had one with the 1.4 version of the 1.5 default theme, not sure if it comes with it or not but I can't see it in the add ons.

If you were going to stick with the default theme I would also recommend reducing the amount of featured products and changing the test at the top to something a little more descriptive.

Your logo also need cleaning up a little, it looks as if there are marks on it and the text is very fuzzy.

I agree about the photos, perhaps the lead photo could be a close up, it wouldn't display the whole product but it gives an enticing image to invite people to click through and see what the product is.

Away from the design, may I also suggest giving the necklace measurements in inches too, I've found that even though we work on a metric system I have a lot of customers are conditioned to necklace lengths in inches, seeing 18" as the standard size but 50cm despite being bigger by an inch and a half people may actually see as smaller.

Thanks again to all, for taking the time to have a look and for your tips and comments.

Cheers

I-de-V

Clean your logo.. Make it smaller because this way you have very big white gap in the header section.. For example you can put the text in the header so slider can go up further.. Reduce the featured products.. Change colors.. In general make it more unique ;) Add some more javascript