Sort By pull down menu options

tronetix

I am new user of PrestaShop (1.5.4.1 default) but experienced in CMS, CGI(Perl/Php) and SQL.

What I have is a very large database of documents I wish to sell online individually each at same price. I wish to have basically 4 fields sortable: Brand, Model, SKU, Year.

Currently, the Sort By feature allows by price (which isn't needed), Product Name, and in stock.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

vekia Thanks. Using Layered Nav blocks now. Actually, the plethora of tagging in Prestashop allows me to load up descriptions and features that are searchable.

One problem though I see, the features in a pulldown selection are not in alphabetical order and I can not see anyway to reorganize them so they can be easily found by the user. Is there a specific SQL table I can modify so that they are in order? Or, some simpler method? See http://tronetix.com/shop/index.php?id_category=11&controller=category in the 'brand' feature pulldown. Thanks.

I found a work around to the problem. Basically, abandon the feature/value scheme for the Manufacturer tab. I have about 800 brands/manufacturers I already had cut pasted from another database,so, by importing newly sorted list, all is well since I have only a few products coded up at this time. The Nav Layer appears to work flawlessly. Just need re-import the sorted table again and fix the products associations. Wish there was another tab like Manufacturer that could be renamed and used.

• 2 weeks later...

I am posting this question here since it has to do with "Pull Downs"...

What I need to know is...how to make the Prestashop system re-sort a field within the SQL table?

What I did was, I went into the PS_State table in the SQL and restructured the id_state and the Names of those States, in a sort manner that I wanted to see in the State Pulldown for the customers addresses...

Now, in the SQL, it does correctly sort them by the id_state in an ascending fashion from 1 to 312 but within my shop, the pulldown listing is still showing the old sort listing....

In the SQL Table, it is listed the way that I corrected it;

1 XXX

2 YYY

3 ZZZ

But in the pulldown menu, it is still listed according the original fashion as if the system is not re-reading the field for the id_state;

2 YYY

1 XXX

3 ZZZ

Now, if I change the name of any State within the SQL, that change is immediately listed in my shop's pulldown menu, as soon as I reload the page...

How do I get the shop to reload and "save" the new listing sequence correctly?

Any help would be appreciated.

Art

Edited by cvvmax (see edit history)