Paypal directing customers back to my site to confirm order

Herbalife

Hi. I'm running Prestashop 1.5.4.1 and Paypal 3.5.1. Every now and again, I make sale and Paypal seems to work just fine. However, up to 10 times every day I get an blank error message "Error reporting from your PayPalAPI module". There is no error code or report.

I've tested the the payment process a hundred times or more in the last 6 weeks and it seems fine. However, I was testing again last night, and realised that this 'blank' error message is sent when a customer has been through the Paypal processing and then returns to my site to confirm the order. If they don't confirm, obviously I don't make the sale, and I get the error message.

I phoned Paypal twice and they won't offer support as it's a 3rd party module.

What I want is for the Paypal process to the final stage, and to not have to confirm the purchase on my site. Within Paypal, I have not configured for the customer to return to my site.

Any help on this really would be appreciated.

• 2 years later...

hi @herbalife this might help. in modules/paypal/expresscheckout/process.php. i have this code

if (($this->method == 'SetExpressCheckout') && (Configuration::get('PAYPAL_COUNTRY_DEFAULT') == 1) && ($this->type == 'payment_cart'))
$url .= '&useraction=commit';

for me, i removed some registration fields, including the country. so i removed the country from this line:

if (($this->method == 'SetExpressCheckout') && ($this->type == 'payment_cart'))
$url .= '&useraction=commit';

it seems to work, worth a shot, clear your cache, etc. Trev.

also updating to paypal 3.10 seemed to sort out the "cannot send login informations" , i will see how i get on, trev