Ion_Cannon

[MODIFICATION] IonCannon's Express Checkout V1.0

IonExpress Checkout for PrestaShop V1.0

Developed By: Ion_Cannon (ioncannon23@gmail.com)
Modification Difficulty: Moderate
Current update: 1.01

If you like this modification, feel free to donate but this is a free module and I am not trying to make money off of it. Before installing, please read the documentation that is provided. Please feel free to let us know how your install went and also feel free to PM me any feedback/suggestions. I am sure I'll get good ones but please realize not everything can be done. Thanks for all the support on this.

Goals/Benefits:

- Provide a faster/easier checkout process for customers

- Increase conversions and decrease cart abandonment

- Minimize impact to Prestashop's core functions

- It's free to try, use, modify as you see fit for your store

Features:

- Adds an express/guest checkout feature to Prestashop 1.1 or 1.2+

- All steps are on one page except final payment.

- Billing AND shipping addresses are entered in beginning to reduce this confusion for customers

- Shipping address can be copied from Billing details

- Guest's accounts are created but registered user features are hidden

- Guest's can later activate their Express accounts if they choose

Bugs Fixed in 1.01:

- Newsletter tick not working (fixed)

- Gift wrapping header still showing if not using Gift wrapping option (fixed)

- Debug code in blockcart.tpl (fixed)

- Request to include sql statement in documentation (updated)

Bugs Confirmed:

- None at the moment.

Attached are the latest releases of the Modification. ** 1.2 is now included.

If you would like to make a small donation to this module, especially if you feel it has benefited your shop feel free to send via Paypal to sales@glasswaredreams.com. This module will remain freeware.

15426_uXB1qbexcV7qbqf8oHfO_t

15427_ibl4ShE4j9jmGEK2ycuo_t

15428_M0xmklSU2E2LO0Udm2Qe_t

ionexpress-v1.01-ps-1.2.zip

ionexpress-v1.01-ps-1.1.zip

• Like 2

Looks great! I look forward to playing with it!

The only thing i don't know if i'll be able to do though is - i want to give all the available delivery options on that first page as radio buttons. I want something very similar to firebox.com's checkout system, go on the site, add something to the cart go to the check out, pay by card and that's what i'm aiming for. Would this be possible with some adjustments?

Thanks

So when are you going to release this powerful module`? license free or not?

Definitely waiting for this mod - kudos for even bothering to undertake it!

Brilliant idea. Images don't quite show the prowess of ajax, but I have a feeling this will turn out beautiful.
I'll definitely share any updates I make to the release :)

All, I am still working on this. I have made good headway but I am not sure I will have all the code cleaned up by Friday. I may ask that those interested help me test/debug it first on my pre-deploy site. Once it is acceptable to everyone, I will release the files. Keep an eye on this thread for the weekend if you are interested in helping do some test orders, debugging, and such.

thanks!

I can't imagine how much work this involved but I am looking forward to this very much. I will wait until Friday to upgrade.

Oh, this is great. I am making this same module. but i have not free time to finish this module.

your module is same as INTERSPIRE SHOPPING CART.

Great.

ioncannon, i'll be looking forward to this module which i've waited for prestashop to come up with for more than 6 months

All I have finished some of the major basic issues with the checkout but I would like those of you who are interested to please make some test orders. I still have 3-4 things to finish but the overall flow is there. Please have a look and give me your feedback ASAP. Here are the things that might not work "yet". I wanted to let people start testing because I promised that I'd have something to look at this weekend. The things left are pretty minor (unless you guys find major things of course) :)

1. Gift option during checkout.

2. Lookup by email+order # for previous customer (right now it is still just email for past express orders but this should be fairly easy to implement)

3. Technically it is 2 page checkout since the payment option takes you to the module. Should I try to merge Authorize.net module into the one page?? It will be more work but if you only offer Paypal and Authorize.net like I am doing presently, it may avoid the payment step... thoughts??

4. Changing "Ship To" from beginning is still hosed. Hope to fix this w/e.

Here is the link to the staging site where the checkout is currently working:

http://www.glasswaredreams.com/staging/

Test away and stay here for updates.... thanks all.

Hi - regarding #3 my preference is a setting if possible so both are available - best of all worlds of course, and I am sure more difficult to make happen...Also a 2 page checkout is fine - just as long as it is quicker than the current and as streamlined as possible.

I could not choose state , it was all empty, the same with country, it only worked after second time after getting these errorrs
1. country ID is required
2. id_state is required

Suggestion :

state should be optional (europe dont have states)
Should not email be optional also?
Shouldnt choose freight and payment option also be in the first page?

Hi IonConnon

Great checkout process very impressive. have been testing .

Doing repeat orders with the same email address all works fine with express checkout, but once you "Activate Express Account" and log in with the email and password, there seems to be a problem with the shipping I get the message "There is no carrier available that will deliver to this address! Gift = 0" when you go back and try to set shipping have to keep swapping from to select to USA to get it to give you the option of states, then the same thing happens when you go to checkout. (tested in firefox and chrome, just to see if it was the one browser causing problems, but the same in both).

Apart from that it works fine.

Will the payment module Protx be able to be used if its the 2 page process, or will the method work with just paypal and Authorize.net.

If you have a coupon code and post will check also

Looks Great

Khaled

I could not choose state , it was all empty, the same with country, it only worked after second time after getting these errorrs
1. country ID is required
2. id_state is required

Suggestion :

state should be optional (europe dont have states)
Should not email be optional also?
Shouldnt choose freight and payment option also be in the first page?

State is only mandatory on my site because i changed the address.php class to make it mandatory since in the states we obviously need a state to calculate shipping. When could you not choose the state? could you tell me the exact steps?

thanks.

it happend in the very first time/step I tried to make a order and wanted to input data. using mozilla firefox.

impressive! seems to work well for me after minor testing.

Hi IonConnon

Great checkout process very impressive. have been testing .

Doing repeat orders with the same email address all works fine with express checkout, but once you "Activate Express Account" and log in with the email and password, there seems to be a problem with the shipping I get the message "There is no carrier available that will deliver to this address! Gift = 0" when you go back and try to set shipping have to keep swapping from to select to USA to get it to give you the option of states, then the same thing happens when you go to checkout. (tested in firefox and chrome, just to see if it was the one browser causing problems, but the same in both).

Apart from that it works fine.

Will the payment module Protx be able to be used if its the 2 page process, or will the method work with just paypal and Authorize.net.

If you have a coupon code and post will check also

Looks Great

Khaled

Khaled, thank you for your debugging effort. The Gift = 0 was some debugging code I left by accident but that is really part of the standard checkout. I have not been able to reproduce the "No carrier" error yet. Are you seeing an address that you entered with the email address during the Address phase? Test coupon = save10

thanks again

Quick test worked well, the only issue was the lack of state/country. Understandable that it is presented how it is, but would probably default in some data. Great job! Waiting anxiously for the code post! :)

Well when I click on express checkout I get an error
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '=' in /home/redsecto/public_html/staging/express-order.php on line 122

Well when I click on express checkout I get an error
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '=' in /home/redsecto/public_html/staging/express-order.php on line 122

you caught me working, try again! ;)

thanks for the bug reports all, the state/country issue is fixed, should not be blank anywhere now. Just remember for my site, you pretty much have to test with USA and choose a state....thanks!

impressive, look like it is close to finish. cant wait thanks in advance

so you try to make the cart show on the payment page? that is great, i was thinking about including the customer also brought block here, nice nice

I have not been able to reproduce the "No carrier" error yet. Are you seeing an address that you entered with the email address during the Address phase? Test coupon = save10

I have not been able to reproduce the same error either, the issue before seems be be resolved everything seems to work fine now, one point to note though not sure if its important or not is that when you go to paypal it shows all the products in the basket fine. Once the coupon is added for the discount the coupon works fine but when you go to checkout with paypal the items are no longer listed, just a total with a description "My cart".

I have not been able to reproduce the "No carrier" error yet. Are you seeing an address that you entered with the email address during the Address phase? Test coupon = save10

I have not been able to reproduce the same error either, the issue before seems be be resolved everything seems to work fine now, one point to note though not sure if its important or not is that when you go to paypal it shows all the products in the basket fine. Once the coupon is added for the discount the coupon works fine but when you go to checkout with paypal the items are no longer listed, just a total with a description "My cart".

Hey. I think you are testing on my production site which is using my first express checkout, because Paypal is not an option in the new checkout on the staging site. www.glasswaredreams.com/staging

I know it is a little confusing that the staging site looks identical to my production but that is where i roll out tests before putting it in production.

-ic

Hey. I think you are testing on my production site which is using my first express checkout, because Paypal is not an option in the new checkout on the staging site. www.glasswaredreams.com/staging

I know it is a little confusing that the staging site looks identical to my production but that is where i roll out tests before putting it in production.

-ic

I think it is because he has the "cookie" on. I got the same problem. When I go to your staging site, it automatically took me to the live shop. I almost did a test order over there.

Ive been reading this and similar threads over the last week or 2.

Do you know when this will be released as its looking VERY close to a stable version being available.

-ic

I think it is because he has the "cookie" on. I got the same problem. When I go to your staging site, it automatically took me to the live shop. I almost did a test order over there.

Apologies wondered why paypal had been added.

Have tested again and come up with an error. when I checkout it keeps asking for a state even when I choose a different country like the UK.

Have created an account and logged back in and again it reverts the UK back to the US when you log into your account, when you change to France, UK.

When I create an account and log in the US is shown for my address, but when change to the UK there is no longer an option for state, but it comes back with the error "id_state is required"

-ic

Apologies wondered why paypal had been added.

Have tested again and come up with an error. when I checkout it keeps asking for a state even when I choose a different country like the UK.

Have created an account and logged back in and again it reverts the UK back to the US when you log into your account, when you change to France, UK.

When I create an account and log in the US is shown for my address, but when change to the UK there is no longer an option for state, but it comes back with the error "id_state is required"

As I have mentioned before in this thread, state is required on my site. My site is selling products only in the US so state is mandatory for users who register. I may add the default Address class later to avoid confusion since so many of you are coming from overseas. Sorry about this confusion.

how is it coming? getting close?

Very close. I have not had much time this week because of work issues but I hope to put some finishing touches on it this weekend and also maybe try installing it on 1.2.2 to see how that works. I will make all my files available for free. I do not plan to charge for this mod, maybe just donate some links from your sites to mine so I can increase my page rank ;)

Again, progress can be tested here: http://www.glasswaredreams.com/staging/

-ic

nice to hear this from you! The module looks sweet, i tested few times and i love it. Looking forward to see your releases.
Hugs from Romania

@Ion_Cannon

Thanks for all the effort mate. I did try your test side. when I went for express checkout and I filled all the required information in billing information (didn't check shipping box). I always got a error saying " 1. password invalid". but there is not any password field there. I mean is it some kind of bug or I made some wrong.

By the way, the mod is really exciting me. I can't wait for its release.

Also I am interested in the way your site does "check estimate shipping cost", and it tells visitors about the destination shipping cost. it looks very good. is it your module (FEDEX)? How can we get that module or similar shipping cost calculation module? thanks in advance.

@ Ion cannon

When i try express checkout i get this errors:

There are 2 errors :
01.password is invalid
02.id_state is required

DJ, Id-state is required on my site, just pick USA and a state when testing. I will put the unmodified class back on this weekend so that doesn't show up for you folks overseas.

If you are being prompted for a password ( password field shows in Red but it seems like it might be hard to find so I may have to change that) you must have registered before so for security reasons, it asks for account password. At one point you must have activated your account to full user or registered regularly on my test site??

Fully registered users must still enter their passwords during the express checkout. If there is another issue going on, I will check into it for sure...

I think like everyone that we're all pretty anxious to get your mod in place and really happy to see that someone out there is willing to share without exploitive charges for it - I'd be more than happy to donate for the work, from what I see and even despite the nuisance minor bugs, it looks really good. Thanks!

At one point you must have activated your account to full user or registered regularly on my test site??

well i did test once, few montrhs back your checkout proces... but isn't this a checkout withouth creating any account, no?

did i receive cookie for tracking or what?

At one point you must have activated your account to full user or registered regularly on my test site??

well i did test once, few montrhs back your checkout proces... but isn't this a checkout withouth creating any account, no?

did i receive cookie for tracking or what?

Hey buddy, thanks for checking it out for me. it was a bug i made late one night when i was doing some work. Glad it is a test site. ;) I think that password issue should be resolved now, let me know if you still see it if you get a chance.

Hi Ion_Cannon seems to work perfectly now except for when you set your country it still overwrites the country as USA, even if you select Sweden or another country, you have to go back in and change address details a second time to make it the correct one.

Quick update to all.

1. The checkout now updates the blockcart module and cart if gift wrapping is selected.

2. From the address edit part of the page, if the user changes the shipping address the page updates the shipping totals, cart, block, etc.

3. If a registered user uses the express checkout a better warning identifier is used to signal that a password must be entered.

4. Past customers must fetch their previous information with an old order number and not just an e-mail address.

5. Fixed various bugs related to other countries other than US and retrieving information, basically loaded the stock classes and forms. Most of this would've worked with default files other than mine.

That's all I can think of right now.

Also, Thank you to Floobynooby for doing quite a bit of testing on the checkout. He found several bugs that I did not see or pay attention to. It always helps to go through testing. Please provide any feedback and suggestions. I'd like to get these files out by the weekend.

-ic

F****** brilliant! Prestashop should reward you for doing all this. You will single handedly increase the amount of people using prestashop and improve it 10x.

Thanks again my friend :)

Why number 4?

4. Past customers must fetch their previous information with an old order number and not just an e-mail address.

If i had made an order in te past, i would never remember an order number. If it was 3 or 6 months prior i wouldnt even have the email. Seems to defeat the whole point of a no need to register mod?

Just my thoughts as i had been waiting for this to be released but will probably not use it because of this....or am i missing something?

Why number 4?

If i had made an order in te past, i would never remember an order number. If it was 3 or 6 months prior i wouldnt even have the email. Seems to defeat the whole point of a no need to register mod?

Just my thoughts as i had been waiting for this to be released but will probably not use it because of this....or am i missing something?

Customers do not have to use it and it can be removed from the template in a about two seconds. I included it because many others liked it on another mod. It can save the customer from entering all their information if they have previously ordered. Just trying to add some options....

BTW -- I'm not making anyone use this mod. :) You can always make your own. LOL

EDIT: Just to show how I tried to make it modular, i removed the part in question. Just a matter of removing 5 lines from the express-order.tpl file...

I mis-understood.

I thought they had to enter their previous order number and email address in order to make any future purchases using their email address.

Didnt realise it was just a tool to pull the info they had already entered to populate the boxes.

Also - I know your not making anyone use the mod but i was providing feedback on something you are making as i thought it would be helpful. As it happens i misunderstood what you wrote.

I mis-understood.

I thought they had to enter their previous order number and email address in order to make any future purchases using their email address.

Didnt realise it was just a tool to pull the info they had already entered to populate the boxes.

Also - I know your not making anyone use the mod but i was providing feedback on something you are making as i thought it would be helpful. As it happens i misunderstood what you wrote.

No worries bro. I do not mind feedback. It will help make this a better tool for the community.

Hi again "ion Cannon" (Star Wars fan???)

I like your "Shipping estimate" button and how it take you to the estimator. Have you explained in any forum here how to setup the link so it goes directly to the estimator on the cart page?

Also I LOVE how the shipping price does not show up in the cart until you sign in - how did you do this?

Dave

I like your "Shipping estimate" button and how it take you to the estimator. Have you explained in any forum here how to setup the link so it goes directly to the estimator on the cart page?

Also I LOVE how the shipping price does not show up in the cart until you sign in - how did you do this?

Dave

Please have a look at this module. It perhap be the one you after.

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/22423/modules___code_contributions/module_display_shipping_feescarriers_prior_to_checkout__ajax

:D

Dave

Please have a look at this module. It perhap be the one you after.

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/22423/modules___code_contributions/module_display_shipping_feescarriers_prior_to_checkout__ajax

:D

Hi - yes I do have that module. I love how IonCannon has a link on in the mini cart - when you click on it it takes you to the main cart page, and directly to the shipping estimator. Would love to know how to do that.

@Ion_Cannon

How is you going? Ion. Is there any chance we can see your release of this great module in this weekend. I can't wait for testing it in the sites.

Cheers

Also would like to try this great module ;)

Thanks.

ysco..

Any news? Very anxious to get code in place. Had tried another solution but there were difficulties surrounding the pseudo "guest account" being duplicated. Though I managed to get over that issue, it's still not as clean as I'd definitely like to see.

Seems he disapeared ?

More then a week ago of his last reply.
Hope everything is oke with him.

ysco..

Anyone hear from Ion_Cannon? Hope all is OK. Was really hoping to get this mod in place as the alternatives have not worked out. Am going to have to dump using Presta without it, which I was really hoping not to do.

He is probably either a.) Very Very Busy , b.) Got a paying gig that has him occupied, or c)maybe has personal stuff going on.

He'll show up on here again when he can or is ready etc. PMs will probably just be a bother.

here is a 2 step checkout,
please feel free to try it as I need some help finding bugs.

http://demo2.prestaworks.se

Hi ruilong, great work to try. I tried on your demo site. after I filled in my details (with fields next to the red star), press next, I just only saw a blank page which is called fastorder.php. then nothing happened.

is it supposed to redirect to somewhere?

I am happy to be the tester for this module.

Thank man.

here is a 2 step checkout,
please feel free to try it as I need some help finding bugs.

http://demo2.prestaworks.se

Hi ruilong, great work to try. I tried on your demo site. after I filled in my details (with fields next to the red star), press next, I just only saw a blank page which is called fastorder.php. then nothing happened.

is it supposed to redirect to somewhere?

I am happy to be the tester for this module.

Thank man.

Hi, can you help me out a bit with some info about what you wrote in the fields? what product you had in the cart and what country/state you selected?

No problem, I attached the detailed screenshot with explanation in it. What I did are named as screenshot names. I am using Chrome browser. OS: Windows 7 ultimate. ;-)

12102_nZP13JVJGrm784NLuK6G_t

12103_RWvT1vtWSjIYlurxd6Zv_t

12104_5qVociU4GVlncmnS3XBh_t

Thanks ruilong voor this great module;)

I just tested it with my iphone and i can confirm that all steps are working perfectly.
Will try when i am home to do the same on my windows os.
Hope this module can be shared real soon.

Ysco..

ruilong - it might be ideal to make a new thread?

But i have just tested yours, i put a number in the surname and it said hack attempt, which is good but maybe it should explain a bit more and be on a page which looks like the actual website?

Other than that though, fantastic. It looks good and works well. Will this be released freely? And if so do you know when?

No problem, I attached the detailed screenshot with explanation in it. What I did are named as screenshot names. I am using Chrome browser. OS: Windows 7 ultimate. ;-)

thanks mate :)
I think I know where the problem with the white page is, there are no shipping companies availible to your country, so there should ofcourse not be possible to click next in your case, I will look into it and see what improvements can be made. Thank you very much for your time, this helps.

Hey all, sorry for the hiatus!! My [spam-filter] is 35 weeks pregnant and had some minor complications the last couple of weeks PLUS work has been from hell!! So, I have not had much time to work on the checkout but I am definitely not abandoning it and plan to work on it some the next couple of weeks. I have added a link in my signature with the actual staging site. I had to move my production server to another server so my other staging box was left behind. The development checkout should still be working. Sorry for the delay!

Hey all, sorry for the hiatus!! My [spam-filter] is 35 weeks pregnant and had some minor complications the last couple of weeks PLUS work has been from hell!! So, I have not had much time to work on the checkout but I am definitely not abandoning it and plan to work on it some the next couple of weeks. I have added a link in my signature with the actual staging site. I had to move my production server to another server so my other staging box was left behind. The development checkout should still be working. Sorry for the delay!

Ion_cannon, Congrate! welcome back. my [spam-filter] is also 28 weeks. Yeah! it's a hard time. isn't it? anyway, hope you are keeping up! any need for testing or debugging, just let us know. Cheers

Congrats and best of luck! Look forward to checking out the progress on the module (still trying to work out my own - haven't abandoned hope yet).

Ruilong - I'm checking out your solution - it starts out great (I like the quick jump) but I'm not quite sure where I am supposed to click to continue the checkout once I've entered my billing information.

We're trying to get our redeployment off the ground but struggling with the framework a bit, particularly when we suddenly lose functional components. In particular, we're trying to hunt down the JS function findCombination() [to update prices on combination selection] and why the shopping cart's Ajax functions suddenly disappeared. Other than that, we're close. If anyone is interested, the old site (all hand coded from scratch but missing a lot of flexibility) http://www.madebygirl.com, the PS replacement is sitting at http://67.55.88.116/ but no checkout available yet (SSL cert not in place).

12123_7avNQBXyUXxIEv2Xhe1s_t

I hope that
Ion_Cannon or ruilong or MatSays at least some off you release your module here cause i can`t wait to try it out.
This is really a must have for my webshop, but if you know something nice is comming the wait takes ages then lol.
Well thank you all for your work for a great module as yours.
Maybe a date when it will be released ?? proberly i ask to much now ;)

Thanks for the hard work guys.

Greats, ysco..

I must say that i like Cannons better!
I'll wait for this one.

Heck, even I like Cannon's better! I like it even better when I can figure out something that shouldn't be so complicated but that's a whole other story!

He just had a lot going on.

If you are in a real rush, you can find a really good one-page checkout implementation at http://www.canin.sk/prestashop/. It is 35,00 € but it does work if you are using PayPal as the checkout (not sure about any others). You can see the proof if you buy the 0,01 € demonstration. You will need a little bit of knowledge about permissions (make sure they are correct across the directories) and you should be installing it on a base PS installation (so do it before you start modding too much). Kudos to the author - zelarg.

That's the feature I 'm always looking for.

I'm so appreciate and thank you for your hardwork.

That's the feature I 'm always looking for.

I'm so appreciate and thank you for your hardwork.

Sorry for the long time since an update, basically all the work I am doing is on hold. My [spam-filter] and I recently had a baby and that has totally taken my time for now. My store is running great on my previous checkout, conversions are great so I am in no real hurry to run out the other version I was working on. It had 2 or 3 bugs that I need to fix, after that I will release it if there are no other free ones available. Too bad others are making folks pay for it but I understand as it is a lot of work.

thanks all.

congratulations on the baby, im sure im not the only one who wishes you all the best.

On a slightly more selfish note, im just wondering if there is a way you could maybe post your code for other developers to work off maybe? I know id be happy to give you a backlink for the support and i would like to think others would show their appreciation also.

Cheers, and all the best for you, the [spam-filter] and baby.

Tony

Congrats Ion,
and I appreciate your efforts to bring a free module to this community.

thunder11

Congratulations on the Birth of your baby
Ion that's fantastic news, was it a boy or girl and what are you calling it?

It had 2 or 3 bugs that I need to fix, after that I will release it if there are no other free ones available. Too bad others are making folks pay for it but I understand as it is a lot of work.

Why don't you just release it as it is now?
Maybe I or someone else could fix the last 3 bugs.

Thanks for the great work :-)

It had 2 or 3 bugs that I need to fix, after that I will release it if there are no other free ones available. Too bad others are making folks pay for it but I understand as it is a lot of work.

Why don't you just release it as it is now?
Maybe I or someone else could fix the last 3 bugs.

Thanks for the great work :-)

This is a good ideea :)

OK everyone here's the deal. Things are settling down for me and I have a bit more time to work on the checkout, thing is, I've decided to take it another directions. I've had some time to play with CS-cart's One page checkout and I really like it so I am going to tweek what I've been working on to "kind of" model CS-Cart's check a tad the best I can. I am not sure how fast but I am thinking a week or so, one thing i'd really like some help with is finding someone who has actually created a module for presta that would be willing to take and modulize my code after it is working. So if anyone out there has experience doing that, please let me know. If anyone wants to see what the cs-cart check out looks like, screen shots are here. i think it is really nice and i will do the best i can to implement something similar.

http://www.cs-cart.com/checkout.html