[Module] Pay in store free module

Hello there,

I'm having a hard time trying to find a way to set a type of payment for the customer to pick up his order in store. I was wondering if there is any free module capable of doing such operation. And also i'm sorry if this is already an open topic somewhere.

I'm using PrestaShop 1.5.4.1

Regards.

• 4 weeks later...

You can add a "carrier" in your BO

shipping - carrier

and label the description as "In-store pickup" or something along those lines and set the price at $0.00 so it shows up as free during checkout. Just make sure to set the zones/ranges for it so it shows up in the front office.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

You can add a "carrier" in your BO

shipping - carrier

and label the description as "In-store pickup" or something along those lines and set the price at $0.00 so it shows up as free during checkout. Just make sure to set the zones/ranges for it so it shows up in the front office.

That is a good way to do it. Your customers can Pay online and have the choice for In-Store pickup. Make sure that your zones are set up in a way that only people in the area or same state can have that option.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello! I also want to setup a payment method allowing customers to select "in-store payment". My PS version is 1.5.3.1.

As a solution, you proposed setting up a carrier for "in-store pickup" with free shipping. I have already done so, but this only takes care of step 4 of the order process. When clicking Next, you arrive at step 5 where you must also choose a payment method to complete the order. The customer is forced to choose the displayed payment method (Bank Wire).

What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

Edited by parsifal (see edit history)

Hello daik01. No need to repost, I read the whole topic including post #2 (your previous post) :)

I'm just trying to do it the way JANDSCLOTHINGCO and Benjamin suggested. Thanks!

Hi parsifal, do you want this as the only option (in store payment)? Or combined with other options? You can disable Bankwire entirely and only have the cash on delivery method. 

Hi, you can translate the Cash On Delivery module to say Payment in Store as well. That will allow your customers to select this option and it will be translated to say

"You have chosen Payment in Store 

Your order will be waiting in Store 

For any questions or for further information, please contact our customer support."

I see. I guess this also means that I should have two different COD modules installed, with the first one's strings translated to reflect "in-store pickup" situations and the other's the "delivery via courier service/whatever" situations. Right...?

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update: I finally managed to achieve what I wanted by

1. Carefully setting up carriers
2. Disabling the Bankwire module
3. Using the excellent "Universal Payment Module" that allows you to create your own payment methods: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/139475-modulefree-universal-payment-module/

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...