New launch

cocothecat

Tried to keep the colour a little bit flat on this to let the green have more impact on the button and price, although user testing over the next month may soon change that!

I'm working on the product specifications so far just to give the page a bit of added clarity you may have noticed that on a few descriptions (anything minus the sofas!)

Hosting wise its sat on (i think)

Technology Sandy Bridge E

Processor Intel Xeon E5-1650

Intel Smart Cache: 12MB

Cores 6

Threads 12

Frequency 3.2GHz

Turbo Boost 3.8GHz

Virtualisation

RAM 64 GB DDR3 ECC

Hard drive Intel SSD DC S3500 6Gbps

2x 120GB SSD

RAID SOFT 0/1

NIC GigaEthernet

Loads of compression has gone on with the site as well to get the maxmium out of it for performance, there is prob another day or two of tweaking to get the maximum speed out of it as possible

I like it but when I click on the cart button in category view it is adding the product to cart but it does not go in the shopping cart summary like when I add something to cart in the product view. Products are added to cart but there is no visible feedback here in my firefox 21 in linux mint. Maybe just a browser issue.

Best regards, trip

• Like 1

Awesome! What tool is that you are using? You had I think 18 style sheets on the homepage and now you have 1.

Pingdom tools, its not the most acurate tool out there but i tend to run a test 3 times then take the average, also ping close to where the customers are shopping, so as its a UK only store I ping using Amsterdam rather than Texas for example

I like it but when I click on the cart button in category view it is adding the product to cart but it does not go in the shopping cart summary like when I add something to cart in the product view. Products are added to cart but there is no visible feedback here in my firefox 21 in linux mint. Maybe just a browser issue.

Best regards, trip

So from the category page once you add to basket it does not take you to the basket page? Nice spot ill look into it thanks :)

Good morning,

I am afraid I am not as clever as the other people who have so far responded to your post and, whenever I give an opinion on a website I always go through everything, all I see here is a website working perfectly, looks good, works good and it is very good.

The only thing I would change is to have the palest of green backgrounds just to dim the bright white but, that is only my preference.

Paul

• Like 1

Hi Paul, Thanks for the feedback I'll pass on your suggestion and see what the feedback is :) Thanks Gerry

Edit

After some advice I've enabled Gzip and have reduced the site size by 50% and taken a good 100ms or so off the load :) Thanks to everyone who replied

Edited by cocothecat (see edit history)