[solved] No CSS in front or back office after migration

chrisdac

Hi,

I've just migrated a Prestashop site - it was originally located in a subfolder of the server's web root, and has now been moved directly to the root - and now no CSS styles are showing, either in the front or back office.

Looking at the code, no attempt is being made to even fetch the CSS files - there is no reference at all to global.css, modules' css or any other files. We can see a similar problem with the javascript files, so it appears that {if isset($css_files)} and {if isset($js_files)} are returning nothing.

Additionally, on the homepage the content of "index.tpl" is no longer showing.

I have no idea what has gone wrong here - I've updated the database's shop_url table too, so I'm pretty sure that's not the problem either.

Help!

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response - unfortunately that is not the answer, as the css files are not hardcoded. This is the problem area in header.tpl:

{if isset($css_files)}

{foreach from=$css_files key=css_uri item=media}

<link href="{$css_uri}" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="{$media}" />

{/foreach}

{/if}

In my development server, this is outputting a long list of css files, as expected. On the live server, it is outputting nothing!

I have since cleared the cache and forced compilation, which solved the index.tpl issue - the css problems remain, though.

Thanks for your help.

This has now been solved - it turns out that a couple of the files had not uploaded properly (I ran a file comparison between my live and local sites - one of the class files had strangely only uploaded half of its content).

Yes, exactly - I just tried doing a second manual upload of all site files then ran a comparison to determine that the upload had succeeded. Two files had not properly uploaded; re-uploading these files fixed the problem.