How to set default modules for hooks

Hi

Can anybody help me set default modules to load into hooks for my theme?

I can only finding information on creating new hooks.

Thanks in advance
RVT

Hi. You need to edit the PHP file of the module, and change the name of the hook:

if (!$this->registerHook('leftColumn'))

Thanks I tried this and it worked. The only problem is that when I upgrade I will have to make these changes to the new install, is it possible to override the modules php?

I also want to select default modules to load for a particular theme e.g if the theme is a two column theme with a home and right side bar I want to be able to select and load the modules for the rightside as part of the theme.

Thanks I tried this and it worked. The only problem is that when I upgrade I will have to make these changes to the new install, is it possible to override the modules php?

I also want to select default modules to load for a particular theme e.g if the theme is a two column theme with a home and right side bar I want to be able to select and load the modules for the rightside as part of the theme.

The modules are modified. If you replace with the old modules version, in the admin area, the modules dont load. Try to override only the modified modules.

i have managed to override the .tpl files by creating a module dir in my theme but this does not work for the php files any ideas or is this just the way it works.

Dont work. The tpl files are different, so you need t oadapt again to the new version.

Hi,
I tried to change the if (!$this->registerHook(‘leftColumn’)) in different modules like BlockInfo, BlockCategories, etc. but nothing changes.
Any clue?
Thanks
Christophe

Not all the modules found in different hook. For do this, you need to create a new HOOK, the info for do this is i nthe forum. Search "create a new hook"