Please test my new site...

fionatsui

I like how you accented the prices with your second colour pink that matches the logo. I like the continuity of pink in some of the images so it looks balanced.

Now, as a consumer, I love makeup. So I was interested in the products and if I did go on your site, as an overseas customer in the UK, I struggled to find if the free shipping when I added to basket included me? There are no delivery terms for international customers. Perhaps something to address even if it is that you do not send abroad.

(I need to do the same thing and make it clear I post abroad to the States and show my own shipping charges on my delivery page - this is a WIP)

Other than that I found it easy to navigate and professional looking.

Sam

Thanks Mamfa for your feedback! I've always shipped to only to US and Canada (for free), and I actually tried to set up the site such that I can ship internationally (like to the UK) but for a small shipping fee. I had some trouble setting that up intially and gave up, but I do plan to open it up internationally in the near future and will write something in the site to address that. Thanks again for your input!

I had the same problem selling in the UK and wanting to sell to the USA. I got a friend to help me and I think they used another add on to calculate the shipping as I wanted the following:

UK shipping fixed £3 until the customer spends £40 then free

but I did not want the shipping to be free for an American customer spending over £40 and wanted it to always be £13.

I am still ironing out the kinks now.

But it cam be achieved.

Sam

Thanks Sam. When you said add on, do you mean your friend added a (paid) module? Or did he/she set it up using the existing Prestashop back office features? I'd love to get this sort out too if I could. Thanks!

Looking at the back office I think he just used the existing Shipping and Carrier options.

Instead of creating different actual carriers as in DHL, UPS, etc he created International Shipping and UK Shipping as the carriers, then under Shipping, you can select each one and add the desired shipping cost.

My issue is that for UK only I want free shipping after £40 is spent but not for the USA and it keeps letting the USA customer check out with free shipping. So I am working on that right now. Yours might be a problem in reverse as in your UK customers end up getting free shipping too.

I am hoping to fix it soon!

Sam

It is ok, it does not update the shipping until you save your address after registering and then the international option comes up so this works!

Here is a picture of the settings on price ranges which might help you set this up:

Screenshot2013-06-04at192629.png

Then you can add the prices for the 2 ranges for UK (or in your case USA) instead of using the 'start free shipping at' in the handling section.

Screenshot2013-06-04at193233.png

Hope this makes sense and helps. This is just what I worked out from looking and testing.

I am NOT experienced at this!

Sam

Edited by Mamfa (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I already know of a few minor things that I need to fix, but because I'd like to launch ASAP, I thought I'll start a thread here sooner rather than later. Any thoughts, suggestions, comments? :)

www.i-blush.ca/prestashop

I haven't fixed the URL yet because I already have an existing store at www.i-blush.ca. Thanks!

I have noticed that you do not use friendly URLs for your site and this is 'bad' for SEO. If your server allows the mod_rewrite i believe you should turn them on.

e.g without friendly url - http://www.i-blush.ca/prestashop/index.php?id_product=11&controller=product&id_lang=1

with friendly url - http://www.i-blush.ca/prestashop/index.php?_Clinique-all-about-eyes-concealer.html

You can do so if you go to your back office -->Preferences -->SEO & URLs

Good luck.

Sam: Thanks - I appreciate your help and all the print screens. I'll definitely look into it. I'm thinking of launching the site in about two weeks so hopefully I'll have everything all figured out. :)

tasoschr: I want friendly URLs too and did set that up initially. However, there's a bug with certain browsers with friendly URLs and the PayPal checkout process. I remember that when you try to check out, there's an error. I googled it and they say it's a bug. I was forced to change it back to the normal URLs and the PayPal checkout worked again. >

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have any idea how I can get rid of the "This category is currently unavailable" when I click on the header links? I want all the products within that category to show... but it only shows by brands right now. I have associated each product with these categories (e.g., cheeks, face, etc.) and I set the categories' groups access such that everyone can access it. I've fixed all the other problems I had with the page except for this one. Please help! Thanks.