PS 1.2 : Don’t receive Emails

Hi,

I've installed the stable version 1.2 of prestashop on a Linux Box running CentOS 5.x
I've configured the Mail settings to use our smtp service on the specific port, which is unfortunately different from 25
When I send Emails there is some errors and I didn't receive any Emails.

Is there some tips to checks ?
I've also test the php funtion which is available into the BO, but no mails .

Any idea to check this ?
If there is no mail, it would be difficult to check with our customer in which state their commands are.....

Thanks for you help.

• 1 month later...

I have noticed that sometimes PrestaShop seems to not install properly and the email feature doesn't work. At least that happened to me.

What I did was to install PS a couple of times until I finally got the contact form to work and began to work my store on that installation.

Right now it is working with all email services except for Yahoo. I have even actvated the "DomainKeys" and SPF in Cpanel but I'm not receiving PS emails yet.

Have contacted Yahoo about this issue and I hope they put my domain in a whitelist or something...

UPDATE: @JoeA: Hey man, I did what the your link suggested and now I'm getting emails in my Yahoo inbox! I dont' know if the guys at Yahoo heard my request or it was because the change in the SMTP.php file! The thing is that now it's working. Thanks.

zefir say:

Report #: 2800
Details:
Hello, there is a serious problem email configuration. Swift module has problem and crashing badly causing whole process stop and incorrectly handled. The problem is with authenticators. When there is no one defined it is searching for one in Authenticator folder and includes each php file found. The problem is with file index.php which have header passing to upper folder. This file shouldn't be taken because 'require' on this file cause crash of whole process and go out without any exception handling. The solution is simple:

Change line 360 in file Swift/Connection/SMTP to:

if (preg_match("/^[A-Za-z0-9-]+\\.php\$/", $file) && $file != "index.php")

Kind Regards
Marcin

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

Same problem for me.
Mail was working fine at the installation.
But contact-form returns an error : " 1. une erreur s'est produite pendant l'envoi du message..." and obviously no message sent.

Tried different fixes in the php code :
if (preg_match("/^[A-Za-z0-9-]+\\.php\$/", $file) && $file != "index.php") in line 360 SMTP.php

OR

tools/swift/Swift/Connection/NativeMail.php: public function __construct($additional_params=”-oi -f %s”)
tools/swift/Swift/Plugin/MailSend.php: public function __construct($params=”-oi -f %s”)

remplacer par :
tools/swift/Swift/Connection/NativeMail.php: public function __construct($additional_params=”-oi”)
tools/swift/Swift/Plugin/MailSend.php: public function __construct($params=”-oi”)

BUT nothing works!!!

Any help ?
Thanks
franck