Wrong date format in e-mail Order Confirmation and others problems

kinkibcn

Hello, I am using PS 1.4.2.5 and I have an annoying problem because the orders confirmations that PS sends to the client in French have the date format YYYY-MM-DD and I can not change it into DD-MM-AAA.

There are others problems in e-mail Order Confirmation mails:

1. When there are personalized items PS prints allways "Customized" in English.
  2. When the order is in French, appears all in French, but the customizations titles are in Spanish, that is the default language of the store.
  3. Finally when there is a Voucher code this title appears always in English, no matter the order language.

I have attached two screenshots files so you can see where the problems are (marked in yellow).

I'd appreciate a lot if anyone can tell me how solve these problems.

Thank you!!

Toni

post-81914-0-51534800-1369763616_thumb.jpg

post-81914-0-28176100-1369763625_thumb.jpg

Hi Toni,

your first problem is quite easy to solve. Open in BO Tools-> Languages (from 1.5.x on it's Localization --> Languages). Open your language for editing.

Here you can change the date format displayed in Mails or invoice.

Date format: d-m-Y (like e.g. 28-05-2013)

Date format (full): d-m-Y H:i:s (like e.g. 28-05-2013 16:32:03)

where

d = Day of the month, 2 digits with leading zeros (e.g. 01 to 31)

D = A textual representation of a day, three letters (e.g. Mon through Sun)

l (lowercase 'L') = A full textual representation of the day of the week (e.g. Sunday through Saturday)

F = A full textual representation of a month, such as January or March (e.g. January through December)

m = Numeric representation of a month, with leading zeros (e.g. 01 through 12)

M = A short textual representation of a month, three letters (e.g. Jan through Dec)

n = Numeric representation of a month, without leading zeros (e.g. 1 through 12)

Y = A full numeric representation of a year, 4 digits (e.g.: 1999 or 2013)

y = A two digit representation of a year (e.g. 99 or 13)

h = 12-hour format of an hour with leading zeros (e.g. 01 through 12)

H = 24-hour format of an hour with leading zeros (e.g. 00 through 23)

i = Minutes with leading zeros (e.g. 00 to 59)

s = Seconds, with leading zeros (e.g. 00 through 59)

Edited by eleazar (see edit history)

1. When there are personalized items PS prints allways "Customized" in English.
  2. When the order is in French, appears all in French, but the customizations titles are in Spanish, that is the default language of the store.
  3. Finally when there is a Voucher code this title appears always in English, no matter the order language.

1) Please specify what exactly you mean with this. I'm sorry, I have no idea. :(

2) I guess you have to custonize your translations which are obviously not complete. Go to Tools -> Translations -> Translation of Mails.

3) I guess you have to custonize your translations which are obviously not complete.

Go to Tools -> Translations -> Translation of PDF

In both cases search for the not translated items and fill in your translation.

Hi Eleazar,

Thanks for your help and the detailled information concernig date formats, it is really interesting and I will keeep it.

The problem with data format is that in my PS version 1.4.2.5 in tools->languages there is no field to parametrize date format. In addition the order confirmation e-mail in Spanish is OK. It really is difficult to understand !!.

Any way, thanks a lot

Toni

So you sure that the complete spanish translations are included in your PrestaShop version? Especially the mails.php, pdf.php and /themes/<your_theme>/lang/de.php? If everything's ok here, I guess you should ask your theme developer, or the guy that modified yout order_conf.html, because the one you posted seems to be not the original file from PrestaShop.

This is how the original file looks like:

Feel free to post you order_conf.html here or via PM, so that I may find out why some translations don't work.

Hi Eleazar, thanks again for your interest and help. I checked all translation files you have mentioned and they are well translated.

I am using PS 1.4.2.5 with Spanish as default language and I have orders from Spain and also from France. When I receive an order the system sends order confirmation in Spanish and French.

1) Order confirmation in Spanish.

Date format is OK (dd/mm/yyyy)

There are some descriptions in English (Customized and Voucher code)

2) Order confirmation in French

Date format is wrong (yyyy/mm/dd)

There are some descriptions in English (Customized and Voucher code)

Please, have a look to the files attached and you will easily see the problems. I also have included order_conf.html files (ES / FR).

Thanks

Toni

post-81914-0-59665800-1369859241_thumb.jpg

post-81914-0-46709800-1369859249_thumb.jpg

post-81914-0-69852500-1369859256_thumb.jpg

post-81914-0-82837800-1369859262_thumb.jpg

Hi Toni,

as these files aren't the original html files of PrestaShop you may send a dozen pics more - it won't help to solve your prob. So I guess the best way is: Send me both oder_conf.html (fr and es) ina zip-file via PM. Then I'll have a look and let you know, ok? :)