Have just designed - Themes HOANGVY.NET

i think the current background is just too dark and i dont know what that pink hazing is for but it doesnt help it.

you know what would go better as the background, have the dark colour but then lights like spotlights or just light streams of light going in different directions simulating spotlights to help accentuate the products "elite" nature.

other than that it looks nice and fresh and trendy

Sorry (in advance) for the negative input.
I know it's not easy to hear those words. But in the other hand, without negative input there is no room for improvement.

So, about the theme, I think it has too many unharmonized colors, too many colors actually!

And as always the boring 3 column presta standard. just too much information here and there.
it's confusing and the user experience will be bad.
it's the same for most default templates by any open source shopping cart because:

TEMPLATES SHOULD NOT BE DESIGNED BY CODERS.

A coder has his coding job, and a designer has his design job.

Whats with all the negativity here...

When we design themes and modules that are open source then pelase dont complain when someone takes your design and either improves on it or unfortunately makes it worse.

Still good attemp and we all have to learn. What annoys me is that each time Prestashop release a new version there is always issues with the themes. Give us designers something to do I guess.. :)

Whats with all the negativity here...

When we design themes and modules that are open source then pelase dont complain when someone takes your design and either improves on it or unfortunately makes it worse.

Still good attemp and we all have to learn. What annoys me is that each time Prestashop release a new version there is always issues with the themes. Give us designers something to do I guess.. :)

One think, my theme its not free, if the user copy the theme and sold this, its not open source. We post 4 free themes and all free, if anyone change these themes, we are happy, but this template its not free, and the user
we sought permission for use IT.

Ok my dream project is to fusion wordpress theme + prestashop theme so that companies (or individuals) who are handling a website/blog/magazine (etc.) on wordpress could have their store with the same design as their website. a bit like archiduchesse.com in terms of fusion (click on blog you're on the blog, click on shop you're in prestashop). and the web experience is great because you barely notice the switch between the store and the blog.

Now, let's see, if it's possible to have a simple but effective prestashop template. That would mean totally erase the concept of having multi-navigation (such as on the main prestashop theme), and develop the idea of having a header that contains everything, including the shopping cart and a check out button that's always available, be it on wordpress or prestashop.

Sounds interesting? Or maybe boring, or maybe undoable :-) let's see!

ok guys will open a new thread here in a couple minutes, I just took 1/2 hour to mockup a very simple basic layout on illustrator and will post it on that new thread called: "New theme collaborative work : break down the rules".