Move one menu from right side to left side

Hi, I'm trying to change the layout a little bit...

Can anyone tell me how do I move a menu from the right side to the left side?--- I mean, i want the new products module to appear in the left side of the page...

Thnx a lot

• 1 month later...

Hi, I have enjoyed the ease at which PrestaShop can be styled just by using the CSS.

I am also having problems in moving a module (Cart) not from right to left but up the list. I inadvertantly uninstalled it and when I reinstalled it is now at the bottom. I would like it back at the top.

Many thanks,

And keep up the good work

Hi Peter, yes I have read the documentation - several times as I thought I was going mad, blind or both!

Howerver, I do not have an option for Transplant a Module

I am running 1.0.0.4 and have posted a snapshot of the page that I get when I select Modules

Regards

1140_SzTslEc5GOxX1EfBnfWh_t

Peter, many thanks for the quick response.

And secondly, a big apology! Having installed the shop onto my local LAMP server last night, I have been tally-ho all morning getting to grips with the layout, code, functions and features etc. So much so that I really must have gone word blind! It does go to show that a rest should be taken every so often - 5 hours solid is probably way too much??!??!?

I think you may have a point in that I do not think I was even looking above the bar that says 'Back Office >> Modules' so it may be worth considering a change in the location of the 'Positions' button.

That said, before I venture in to positions and multi language, I'm off for a beer and a bite to eat.

Again, many thanks and keep up the good work - a fabulous product from what I have seen so far...

Incidentally Peter (or anybody), is there a layout 'map' of module positions which are available for transplant? For example, on a page, what is the default location for left column, right column, header etc? I have searched both the wiki and forum without success.

Thanks

Hi Peter, thanks for that. I guess that where I'm coming from is to have a 'map' of where the locations are on the physical page. This would alleviate the need for trial and error. We have done work in the past using Joomla and templates come with a modules guide - see attached image...

Regards

1151_V7zWVx7qNbPL2strAeSu_t

Peter, at the risk of being a pain, can I ask if there is any documentation as to which modules can go where?

For example I have tried to transplant the sitemap and language blocks to the right column without success.

In the wiki I noticed a reference: -

Certain modules are not transplantable into other page sections because they lack the necessary code. For example, the Quick Search block contains templates for both column display and header display. On the other hand, the Currencies block only has one template file which only pertains to the header section.

If you want to display certain modules like the Currencies block in either the left or right column, you’ll have to modify its template files. Likewise, the default Featured Products block can only be placed in the center content section of the main page. If you want to move it to a column, you’ll have to do the customization yourself.

Other than trial and error is there somewhere that shows which modules can be transplanted to where?

Regards