vekia

[Free module] Social network links (facebook + twitter + youtube + google + other)

Hi Vekia,

Thanks for a great module - and a high level of support!

I've tried hooking the module to the displayNav, but I can't make it work.

I've added a function to the socialnetworklinks.php as you described.

public function hooknav($params){
        return $this->hookfooter($params);
    } 

I've tried naming the function hooknav (since the other hook-functions is called hookfooter, hookrightcolumn etc.), hookdisplayNav and hookdisplayNav - but the result is the same. When I try to move the module in PS, it says that module cannot use that hook!

I'm guessing the problem is the name of the new function, but I'm out of ideas.

Can you help me out?

Thanks,

at the moment module doesnt support this hook, but it's easy to achieve.

in module .php file use 

funciton hookdisplayNav($params){
//CONTENTS OF FUNCTION
}

where the contents of function it's a content like you've got there for hookLeftColumn($params) function

regarding to the Follow us.

in module .tpl file you can use:

{l s='Follow us' mod='socialnetworklinks'}

Thanks for the module Vekia,

It´s working great i just have a question. How do i show the module at the header and the footer at the same time. I tried searching for the answer in this forum but i could find it.

Thanks in advance

TK

by header you mean displayTop hook?

Yeap. It´s currently hooked at the footer of the page. But i also need it at the top of the page. I checked the hook but it seems that something is missing cause its not displaying.

module allows to display it only in one selected place.

it's necessary to alter module code.

change:

function hooktop($params){
        if (Configuration::get('snl_where')==0){
            if ($this->psversion()==5 || $this->psversion()==6){
                $this->context->smarty->assign(array('snlvar' => $this->getvar()));
            } else {
                global $smarty;
                $smarty->assign(array('snlvar' => $this->getvar()));
            }
            return $this->display(__FILE__, 'views/front/column.tpl');
        }
    }

to:

} else {
                global $smarty;
            }
    }

and on module configuration page select option to display module in footer.

module allows to display it only in one selected place.

it's necessary to alter module code.

change:

if (Configuration::get('snl_where')==0){
            } else {
                global $smarty;
            }
        }
    }

to:

} else {
                global $smarty;
            }
    }

and on module configuration page select option to display module in footer.

Ty Vekia for the quick reply =D

gonna do as you say and ill reply later. Also for this module i would suggest to change the select box for the display to a check box and scan which parts of the page it should get hooked, but its just an idea. 

TK

Ty Vekia for the quick reply =D

gonna do as you say and ill reply later. Also for this module i would suggest to change the select box for the display to a check box and scan which parts of the page it should get hooked, but its just an idea. 

TK

approved  :D lovely idea

approved  :D lovely idea

So i did as you said, 

it works perfectly but i needed to run a quick reinstall and install again to display the hooks correctly.

So again thanks very much for the support and for the module.

Now is just css straight-forward.

TK

i uploaded this module and i hooked this under displayFooter hook but it not showing in the footer..

Please help me vekia

Hey Pitchiah,

Are you using the default template? Which version of the prestashop are you using?

I was download the social network links from http://mypresta.eu/modules/social-networks/social-network-links.html and install to my prestashop. It show The module was downloaded successfully. but i cannot find on list of the modules. I search social network link nothing is appear. My prestashop version is 1.5.6.2

Why i cannot install it on my prestashop? What should i do?

Edited by vivianlwy

I was download the social network links from http://mypresta.eu/modules/social-networks/social-network-links.html and install to my prestashop. It show The module was downloaded successfully. but i cannot find on list of the modules. I search social network link nothing is appear. My prestashop version is 1.5.6.2

Why i cannot install it on my prestashop? What should i do?

hello

so what's going on ?:)

The download file are something missing, cannot upload to my prestashop. Can you send me the complete file for the social network link? 

post-852368-0-40425700-1412843513_thumb.jpg

Edited by vivianlwy

Hey Pitchiah,

Are you using the default template? Which version of the prestashop are you using?

Am using prestashop 1.6. Social links showing in left column but when i hooked to footer its not showing

Am using prestashop 1.6. Social links showing in left column but when i hooked to footer its not showing

Did you change the configuration on the module? to hook to the footer or you changed the position of the module to the footer? 

If you changed the config on the module check your footer.tpl file in your theme and make sure that there is a hook footer there.

I dunno what happen with my prestashop. Suddenly all module i install appear on my list and working fine. 

Edited by vivianlwy

Did you change the configuration on the module? to hook to the footer or you changed the position of the module to the footer? 

If you changed the config on the module check your footer.tpl file in your theme and make sure that there is a hook footer there.

I only changes the position of the social network module to footer

Hi again vekia,

I have it as default, I assume that in the home page the columns are disabled. Should I modify the modules positions to make it visible?

Hello, Vekia.

I'm wondering if it is possible to get two positions for module? For example on top menu and footer.

Edited by Svaboda

For me in left column this Social links are shown. But when i removed from left and hook into footer position, what actually happen is

1. Corresponding html tags for social links are showing in footer when i saw from firebug but the links are not showing in browser dont know what is happening

Edited by Pitchiah

Vekia

Please Please Please can You make it to Float ??? 

Is that possible ??

Please look at my website http://www.fancydresscostume.in

You will find The Contact form on the left side and chat on the lower right it appears on every page you would understand what I mean .

It would really be Much much more effective 

Thanks a lot looking forward to your reply 

Hi again vekia,

I have it as default, I assume that in the home page the columns are disabled. Should I modify the modules positions to make it visible?

if you decided to display module in left column - module will appear only if left column will be visible.

Hello, Vekia.

I'm wondering if it is possible to get two positions for module? For example on top menu and footer.

at the moment, witohut modifications, no - it's not possible

For me in left column this Social links are shown. But when i removed from left and hook into footer position, what actually happen is

1. Corresponding html tags for social links are showing in footer when i saw from firebug but the links are not showing in browser dont know what is happening

cases like that need an inspection of website

Vekia

Please Please Please can You make it to Float ??? 

Is that possible ??

Please look at my website http://www.fancydresscostume.in

You will find The Contact form on the left side and chat on the lower right it appears on every page you would understand what I mean .

It would really be Much much more effective 

Thanks a lot looking forward to your reply 

everyone can do it with css styles

it's not a case of module, but a case of css styles

Hi,

I need to display social links on the product.

I think You can add hook to product.tpl and in BackOffice  add new hook for DisplayProducts. It should help.

Or, if you are using version 1.6.0.9 have a section modules Marketing and advertising "share with others" from prestashop
Edited by IgorDev

Hi,

I got the links below products. By adding hook in tpl file, select the position in admin. Thanks for your reply.

Hei,

i have a issue with Facebook modul, it´s not presented in normal view. Seems not enough space in left column. PLease have a look: http://pearlstory.eu/index.php?id_category=18&controller=category&live_configurator_token=9aae12497e6ca45c11988fff1896fe5f&id_shop=1&id_employee=1&theme=theme6&theme_font=font10

thanks in advance!

Hello, Vekia.

The small problem has appeared recently. When front office is in the "non-signed" mode the position of social icons is almost on the middle of the footer. But after sign-in position is changed under contact information block (right bottom corner). Attached files will show you.     

post-820690-0-40422600-1415045174_thumb.jpgpost-820690-0-04237700-1415045176_thumb.jpg

How can I fix it?

Link on my site

Thank you.

Hei,

i have a issue with Facebook modul, it´s not presented in normal view. Seems not enough space in left column. PLease have a look: http://pearlstory.eu/index.php?id_category=18&controller=category&live_configurator_token=9aae12497e6ca45c11988fff1896fe5f&id_shop=1&id_employee=1&theme=theme6&theme_font=font10

thanks in advance!

i don't see any facebook module on your website :-(

perhaps it's too late :(

Hello, Vekia.

The small problem has appeared recently. When front office is in the "non-signed" mode the position of social icons is almost on the middle of the footer. But after sign-in position is changed under contact information block (right bottom corner). Attached files will show you.     

attachicon.gifnon-signed-in.jpgattachicon.gifsigned-in.jpg

How can I fix it?

Link on my site

Thank you.

use these styles:

#social {
position: absolute;
top: 230px;
right: 300px;
}
@media (max-width: 767px){

#social {
        position:relative!important;
        left:0px!important;
        top:0px!important;
    }
}

yes, but doesn't work.

"This module can not be transplanted to this hook."

Thanks!

what is exact number of your ps version?

i will check it asap

i don't see any facebook module on your website :-(

perhaps it's too late :(

It´s still there - left column lowest part, but in very strange view. 

http://pearlstory.eu/index.php?id_category=18&controller=category&live_configurator_token=9aae12497e6ca45c11988fff1896fe5f&id_shop=1&id_employee=1&theme=theme6&theme_font=font10

i will be honest, i have no idea why it doesnt work well.

but i've got a solution, just remove default facebook module. it's useless. i've noticed several times before that it doesnt want to work (unknown reasons)

so, if it is possible:

uninstall default facebook block module and use some free solution that works like a charm, for example this one:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/196366-module-facebook-fanpage-like-box-plugin-for-free/

i will be honest, i have no idea why it doesnt work well.

but i've got a solution, just remove default facebook module. it's useless. i've noticed several times before that it doesnt want to work (unknown reasons)

so, if it is possible:

uninstall default facebook block module and use some free solution that works like a charm, for example this one:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/196366-module-facebook-fanpage-like-box-plugin-for-free/

Thank you a lot. Managed with uninstall and installing new modul. 

You are great! Thank you!

hi,

first: thanks for the nice module. ;-)
sorry, I didnt read the whole 18 pages of this thread, but is it possible to add a translatable title to the module?
please have a look here at the footer: www.lovelyplanets.com.
I would need a title like the module to the left has.

also I would like to see ebay.com and dawanda.com as an option. or an editable field.

Edited by dusk187

hi,

first: thanks for the nice module. ;-)

sorry, I didnt read the whole 18 pages of this thread, but is it possible to add a translatable title to the module?

please have a look here at the footer: www.lovelyplanets.com.

I would need a title like the module to the left has.

also I would like to see ebay.com and dawanda.com as an option. or an editable field.

when im trying to access to your website i see "opening soon!" :)

Hi Vekia, just a question, there are only 5 possibilities to position this module or can I put this module on place of some existing module? I mean - I have some module - also for social site but it is very badly made and I need to replace this module by your so is there any chance or not? Thank you

post-800109-0-92965100-1416073684_thumb.jpg

Edited by domorodecmezilidmi

Yes, I can disable this module. It is associated with displayHeader. If you mean the one I have installed as default.

so any advise how to change position of this module?? Thx. Edited by domorodecmezilidmi

Hi there Vekia,

It's possible for me use this module? I just installed it, but doesn't display... I would like to put it at the bottom of the page, just in footer or something like that. Is this possible? I haven't idea.. so I tried to do my best watching the video.. but ... I got nothing.

I don't use default theme. Here is my page www.lenceriahelena.es

Thank you so much!

Hi vekia, your ,module is so good, but I would like to change his dimensions and positions, would you help me?

I attach you the current position, and the position where I'd like to.

Link to my site

Best regards!

post-830023-0-46688000-1417034524_thumb.png

post-830023-0-46316100-1417034525_thumb.png

I'm trying your new position, on some samples i sow it on the right, but when i tried it, it shows on the left next to the phone number, Could that be an option to choose? left or right. Just a suggestion.

My question is: how to fix the position, just a little modification to make it look better ( at least for me ) 

snetop.jpg

the top one is the original, that's how it shows on my site, but i would like it centered and just a little push on the right so that there is some space from the phone number. Is this something you can do for everyone in general or do I need to change some code on my site?

I'm trying your new position, on some samples i sow it on the right, but when i tried it, it shows on the left next to the phone number, Could that be an option to choose? left or right. Just a suggestion.

modules > positions

you can switch position between modules social network links and block contact

do it on modules list named displayNav

My question is: how to fix the position, just a little modification to make it look better ( at least for me ) 

snetop.jpg

the top one is the original, that's how it shows on my site, but i would like it centered and just a little push on the right so that there is some space from the phone number. Is this something you can do for everyone in general or do I need to change some code on my site?

to social network links block you have to add some margin-top

for example: margin-top:5px;

it should work better then

OK i managed to center it and shift it a little with this override:

#social {
    margin-bottom: 0px;
    padding: 5px 0 0px;
}
.shop-phone {
    padding: 5px 5px 0px 10px;
}

adding the margin-top:5px; didn't look as good. (i'm not a programmer, just yesterday i learned how to do this)

As for the modules > positions i tried it, (switching positions in the displayNav with the contact block) but it doesn't go on the right, i goes on top of the number.

Edited by benedettopresta

modules > positions

you can switch position between modules social network links and block contact

do it on modules list named displayNav

to social network links block you have to add some margin-top

for example: margin-top:5px;

it should work better then

Thanks for the great explanation ... i will try it to my site

Thanks Vekia for the module.Made my life easier! I have one question, Can we add images to the menu's sublinks ie images for subcategories are added in backoffice but i want to show tumbnails with the sub li items.I have searched alot but no luck.

Anyway v.v.v.thanks for sharing this great module..............

hello

this topic is related to social network links module

if you've got questions not related to this module please open new threads with your problem

thanks in advance

Hi Vekia, I know it's probably OOT, but if this can be a sharing button instead of profile link, that would be great, because your module can easily positioned compare to the other one I've tried  :)

Hi!

Great module, thanks!

Prestashop 1.6.0.6

Module version 1.3.6 - top of the page

At the moment it's there:

socialilink.jpg

How can I fix it?

socialilink2.jpg

Thank you, ciao!

Edited by Nickmarcio

Hi, I just check the link that's shared from clicking the button is not the homepage (I'm inside the homepage). Instead it's shared 1 of our products.

I tried to reset the module & when I check once again, the button is pointing to another product instead of homepage.

How can I fix this? Is it possible to assign the shared link manually? Thanks

Edited by Ben90

module doesnt share any kind of links

you're talking about this social buttons module? 

Oops! Sorry, wrong module thread  :unsure: