vekia

[Free module] Social network links (facebook + twitter + youtube + google + other)

Tested with 1.5.4.1 and it works well. Thats a nice module. Works well. I like how it is possible to set the module's location through the module's settings page.

Thank you

Edited by kingsinnersoul

Yes I do. I just didn't want to impose anything :-)

• Be able to add a new unique link. Or just have more builtin social networks like Pinterest, LinkedIn, Orkut, Vkontakte, etc.
  • I would love to see a Bookmark and Print options.
  • Option to have text shown next to, or below, the icon.
  • Option to choose the icons (upload two icons for before and after hover).
  • Be able to display a different set of icons/links when displaying the module in different location (header/product/footer). For example, In the footer Facebook and Twitter, in Header FB, Twitter, print, bookmark, and in product section only facebook.

On a similar note, what is the chance to see a social module that has the option to have Facebook, Twitter, +Google, Pinterest, Like, share, connect, +1, etc buttons instead of just links? I was thinking of a module that has the image link to the social network like facebook, but on hover the selection expands and there is a choice to Like, Share, Connect. Well, enough dreaming about the hard far future.

Thank you for a great module :-)

Well, it's possible but modifications of whole files are necessary

i will update this module to use instagram button

if you've got another suggestions related to the social networks buttons - feel free to write, i will add these buttons too

okay, i uploaded yesterday update, it is available to download from first post here.

hello Vekia
what about Polish NK social network? add it please and your module will be AWESOME.

well, NK isn't so much popular, but if you want i will add it. please be patient.

Greetings,

Really enjoying this module. Thanks for your hard work!

You asked for suggestions about new features for this addon... Pinterest is turning out to be a great place for owners of ecommerce shops. Yelp is also an important social site. Would like to see these two added if possible.

When you say that the module has been updated, does that mean the update will be pushed from the backoffice? Or a fresh download/install has to be done?

Also, the backoffice shows Odnaklassniki but its Odnoklassniki .

Thanks

Edited by kingsinnersoul

When you say that the module has been updated, does that mean the update will be pushed from the backoffice? Or a fresh download/install has to be done?

Also, the backoffice shows Odnaklassniki but its Odnoklassniki .

Thanks

you have to download and upload module once again

Hi,

Is it possible to add a position that is for the top of the page. Above the logo?

it is but probably only after modification.

go to the modules > positions and move social network buttons module in the "displayTop" modules list to top. (it must be first on the list)

go to the modules > positions and move social network buttons module in the "displayTop" modules list to top. (it must be first on the list)

Ah, that worked. Thanks!

I just thought about another feature you might want to add. Different layout styles. So right now you have only one, but maybe you can add the option to choose different buttons/styles?

For example, SexyBookMarks looked nice and it was kinda like a bar and onHover it pop up the button.

-Cheers

Also, If I want to add text to the module in the tpl file, what should I write in the mod portion of it?

i.e.

[/size]
<h2 class="title_block">{l s='My Title' mod='????'}</h2>

Edited by kingsinnersoul

thanks, im really happy that you like it, have you got any suggestion about new features for this addon?

I think this is an absolutely fantastic little module. It appears so simple, yet is actually really versatile and with some CSS manipulation, I'm using it in my current project to replace the top horizontal menu entirely.

If had to offer a suggestion for new features, I would suggest some way that users could add in additional sites from the back office. Or alternatively that users could amend the list of websites for themselves. I did try because the version I was working on only had 8 sites and I needed 9, but I couldn't make it work, and then you produced your latest version with 11 sites and hey presto! If it had these facilities I would be prepared to pay for this addon.

It is simply too good a module to be free!

Hello

Thank you so much for your reply. Yes, only if this is possible, I like also to have a pinterest button.

okay, so i will update it on Monday (early morning) and add:

1. pinterest
  2. myspace
  3. lastfm

Any chance to include yelp in the update?

thanks for module. it is really very necessary module. but can anyone explain how to install it? and in the new link I did not see the logo of pinterest

Hello Vekia,

Thank you so much for your new version. The linkedIn button has the same web address even if I save a new address.Maybe I'm wrong I don't know...

Edited by hip03