[Solved] Help Please! Can't log in to back office

Hi,

New user of Prestashop 1.5.4 here.

Since I installed a few days ago, there have been times when I've been able to log in to the back office and get some changes made, but mostly I find that when I enter the email address and password, it just returns the same login screen again.

I know that I am entering the correct userid & password, because if I change either of them, I get an error message. I have tried on both Firefox and IE - IE seemed to let me in more often - and have tried clearing out browser caches,all to no avail. I also tried on my Nexus 7 (Opera) - same problem, although it doesn't clear the logon fields.

At present, I can't get in at all, and am tempted to just abandon Prestashop and try something else. I raised a ticket with Prestashop when I encountered this problem at the end of my installation, but with no response as yet, I am not optimistic about the quality of service I can expect.

So my hope is that among all the experienced users out there, someone will be able to help ... please!

Thanks in advance, Dave

Edited by stottycabanas (see edit history)

hello, try with this:

1. open the browser console log (f12 / fn+f12 / ctrl+shif+j) and try to log in, if any error appear in console log - please paste it here
  2. Turn error reporting in your prestashop (in configuration directory, open the file with config and turn error reporting on) - then try to log in, if any error appear - paste it here

Hi Vekia,

Sorry, I'm not a developer or anything. I updated the debug setting in defines.inc.php (which I found in config folder rather than modules), and tried logging in a couple of times. I assume a log has been generated, but I don't know where that would be.

Not exactly sure how to check for the jquery plugin, but there is a folder called jquery within the js folder. Within jquery is a folder called plugins, and that contains a number of other folders (ajaxfileupload, alerts, etc.). I guess that means the jquery plugin does exist.

Thanks again, Dave

Thanks again Vekia, but you may have to dumb down a little bit for me!

When I view the source in IE9 or Firefox, I can only see reference to one .js file, which is login.js. There is no mention of jquery - am I supposed to find that in the source too? The only URL I can see in the source refers to admin-ie.css in the css folder and is not clickable - or would the URL be visible somewhere else?

Sounds promising, I hope!

What do I do to ensure the jquery libraries are included?

And can you explain why I have been able to log in on some occasions and not others? The implication is that the jquery libraries have been disappearing and re-appearing. :huh:

Thanks again for your help with this.

Dave

Yes, as explained in my original post. But for the last 2 days, it doesn't matter what I try, I can't get past the login screen.

If you can detail for me what I need to do to ensure the jquery libraries are included, I'll try that.

Otherwise, I'm starting to think my only option would be to re-install Prestashop & start again.

Tried to access the back office from my laptop at work today - bingo, can log in consistently, no problem! :D I viewed the source on the login page - lots of jquery stuff there. Took the laptop home, tried over my VPN connection - again, works fine.

When I try to log in via my desktop at home (or via my [spam-filter]'s netbook or via my Nexus 7) - no joy. :angry:

Something to do with OS/browser/java/other configuration, maybe? The laptop is XP/IE8/Java 1.6.0_21, the desktop is Vista/IE9/Java 1.7.0_09.

Any help gratefully received.

Hy,

I have the same problem. I have 6 prestashops (different domains) and 4 of them have bug and i can not login to BO, login page just reaload. Problem is the same even if i install Prestashop 1.5.4.1 agian.

I did try almost all possible solutions and nothing is working. Could be problem in htaccess? Interesting, if i install Prestashop 1.4. works fine.

Re-installing Prestashop 1.5.4 does seem to have worked for me, for now at least.

Looks like regular backups and crossed fingers needed in future!

Re-installing Prestashop 1.5.4 dosent work for me ...

Frankie - try to turn error reporting or if you've got an access to the php error log - check it.

if you turn on console whey (ctrl+shift+J in chrome) - when you trying to log in - any error appear in the console?

Frankie - try to turn error reporting or if you've got an access to the php error log - check it.

if you turn on console whey (ctrl+shift+J in chrome) - when you trying to log in - any error appear in the console?

When I turn on console (ctrl+shift+J in chrome), there is blank area, no errors. Also i dont how could that hapend even if i reinstall prestashop. URL link for login is http://www.cibavision.si/admin123/index.php?controller=AdminLogin&token=a593f3371089b0605e29005e92ad5d4a&redirect=AdminHome.

In 2011 prestashop users had a similar problem but solution for older versions is not ok for 1.5.4.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update on this issue.

I seemed to going back down the same route of being unable to access Back Office via the login page, but I think I have found the solution. There needs to be an exact case match between the folder names on your host, and those used in the URL when you try & access the BO.

E.g. I have a folder called 'Shop' on my host, but was often using 'shop' in the URL. This caused the required JQuery stuff not to be loaded and the login failed. This explains why sometimes I had success, but not always - it depended on what I had keyed in the URL/bookmark.

Hope that's of help to someone.

Cheers, Dave

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi All

Since yesterday I noticed that indeed in sometimes I can login like I was used to, but sometimes not.

It does not reject my credentials, it just returns to the login page with no warning whatsoever.

My website BO login is located at 

"http://www.mydomain.com/shop/admin1234/index.php"

It only works sometimes since a few days I guess

Now when I enter

"http://mydomain.com/shop/admin1234/index.php"

(So OMMIT "WWW")

then it works. I am able to login but get

"You are currently connected under the following domain name mydomain.com

• This is different from the domain name set in the "SEO & URLs" tab. If this is your main domain, please change it now."

That is annoying, but doesn't stop me from working on it....

I made a DNS reroute entry for "shop.mydomain.com" to "www.mydomain.com/shop", which I think should not have any influence

IDK. Since when is www.mydomain.com in another domain then "mydomain.com"?

Weird, but OK, at least I can work like this.

</edit>

- Using PS 1.5.6.0, Google Chrome

</edit>

Edited by Etienne Doek (see edit history)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

hello

if it is possible - can you paste the url to your admin login page? I will try to debug it (you don't have to give me login & pass - just url)

Hello Vekia - I was reading carefully your comments about not being able to access the admin login. I am running the following website: www.aglassofwine.ch and since I linked the aglassofwine.ch domain to my prestashop I am not able to access the back office anymore. 

I was also not able to locate the problem following your problem solving in the forum here. Can you help me?

My back office link is: https://www.aglassofwine.ch/backoffice/index.php?controller=AdminLogin?email=info%40aglassofwine.ch#

Thanks, Chris