[solved] 1.5.4.1 An error occured during installation...

Hi,

I have previous work with Prestashop before with 1.5.2, had no problem installing it on the server as well as my localhost with MAMP.

But with this newer version I tried 1.5.4 and 1.5.4.1, I get the same error at 46% when is at the "Configure shop information" stage.

Any ideas?

[26-May-2013 16:06:13 Asia/Hong_Kong] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'PrestaShopException' with message 'Property Currency->decimals is not valid' in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/yuniques/classes/ObjectModel.php:837
Stack trace:
#0 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/yuniques/classes/LocalizationPack.php(259): ObjectModelCore->validateFields()
#1 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/yuniques/classes/LocalizationPack.php(50): LocalizationPackCore->_installCurrencies(Object(SimpleXMLElement), true)
#2 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/yuniques/install/models/install.php(456): LocalizationPackCore->loadLocalisationPack('<?xml version="...', '', true)
#3 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/yuniques/install/controllers/http/process.php(213): InstallModelInstall->configureShop(Array)
#4 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/yuniques/install/controllers/http/process.php(95): InstallControllerHttpProcess->processConfigureShop()
#5 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/yuniques/install/classes/controllerHttp.php(171): InstallControllerHttpProcess->process()
#6 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/yuniques/install/index.php(32): InstallControl in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/yuniques/classes/ObjectModel.php on line 837
[26-May-2013 16:15:21 Asia/Hong_Kong] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'PrestaShopException' with message 'Property Currency->decimals is not valid' in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/yuniques/classes/ObjectModel.php:837
Stack trace:
#0 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/yuniques/classes/LocalizationPack.php(260): ObjectModelCore->validateFields()
#1 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/yuniques/classes/LocalizationPack.php(50): LocalizationPackCore->_installCurrencies(Object(SimpleXMLElement), true)
#2 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/yuniques/install/models/install.php(453): LocalizationPackCore->loadLocalisationPack('<?xml version="...', '', true)
#3 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/yuniques/install/controllers/http/process.php(211): InstallModelInstall->configureShop(Array)
#4 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/yuniques/install/controllers/http/process.php(95): InstallControllerHttpProcess->processConfigureShop()
#5 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/yuniques/install/classes/controllerHttp.php(171): InstallControllerHttpProcess->process()
#6 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/yuniques/install/index.php(32): InstallControl in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/yuniques/classes/ObjectModel.php on line 837

post-446147-0-54457900-1369557543_thumb.png

maybe try to install with english localization pack, (i've noticed that you trying to install it with Asia/Hong_Kong - Am I right?)

then after installation, you will be able to import localization pack in back office

I will send request to forge, this is probably bug.

Have you tried to follow my suggestions?

Yes, it worked by changing the installation country to United States first.

Thanks!

I have this problem too, but I'm only getting as far as 23%.

The 'Information about your store' page has lots of fields mis-aligned.

I think your problem is different from mine.

Not sure.

Yes, it worked by changing the installation country to United States first. Thanks! I think your problem is different from mine. Not sure.

Think my problem may be with failed transfers via FTP... will have another go.

Hi BarryS,

Any updates on your problem? I am also facing the same one!

Many thanks

James

I've managed to install!

Two things:

1) Host providers did some tweaks, not quite sure what they did

2) Tried the installation on a different connection

I'm on a different connection to my normal one and I think that has enabled me to get a clean run with Filezilla... no transfer failures.

The installation was then fine.

Hope this helps.