[SOLVED]Product CSV import to categories of the same name?

Hello,

i am currently working on my CSV import data and have realised that that some products will need to go into more than 1 category of the same name.

Example I have;

Power Tools > Cordless > Planers

and

Browse by Brand > Bosch > Planers

Browse by Brand > Festool > Planers

Browse by Brand > DeWalt > Planers

etc etc and each tool will need to go into the main power tool cat and also the browse by brand cat of the same name

This will be the same for a lot of my products, and the same for all of the brands. How can I specify this correctly within the CSV so that products will go into the correct categories with the same name?

Thank you in advance for any time taken to reply! :D

Edited by RCP90 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

It is NOT Solved!!! New prestashop doesn't have Category ID column in importing option.

All I can see is just "ID", "ID of tax..", "ID shop name" ! Where is Category ID?

In the CSV you have a categories column. Each category you create in BO has a category ID. use the category ID's on the CSV import separated by commas.

• 1 year later...

are you kidding me? I am telling you that is not working. There is no category ID column in Back Office ( at shop admin importing site - menu). there is nothing like ID category in the roll! Check out this link which you sent here.

The guy must be on an old version, seems like you could refernce parent category ID:s before. However, have you found a solution that works in version 1.6?

This is the closest to a solution that I could find, haven't tried it yet since I'll have to reboot to Windows (and it'd be very nice to find a less proprietary solution). http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/319400-how-can-i-import-category-and-its-subcategories-with-csv/?p=1616864

First of all this post is over 1 year old. Secondly, yes you are right there is not a category ID column on the CSV, but each category created in the back office has an ID, you use that ID in the category column on the CSV, so maybe you misunderstood my previous post.

Edited by RCP90 (see edit history)

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have tried following solution for v1.6

Just mention the category "number" under Categories (x,y,z...)

Example:

Instead of "Sony" mentioned its category number "45" where 45 is the number associated with Sony category and can be checked from Category menu in backend

• 3 months later...

If somebody still interested in the solution without replacing  Category name on ID,

you can use hierarchy for the same name subcategories and your value should looks like

Category/SubCategory/SubSubCategory etc. 

The reason you can find in Category::searchByPath method with line $categories = explode('/', trim($path));