Classes override from module not working PS 1.5

gr4devel

Hi community.

Here's the problem: I've put an override > classes > Address.php in one of my modules because I need to set the phone a required field when creating an address.

I've added the 'required' keyword to the $definition in the override of AddressCore.

However it doesn't seem to be considered!

I've already tried to delete the class_index.php in the cache directory but nothing changes...

Can someone help me...I'm really frustrated :(

Edited by gr4devel (see edit history)

Thank you very much eleazar!

Unfortunately my goal is to force the insertion of a valid phone when creating an address in the BO.

In particular an address associated with a manufacturer.

However let me thank you again for your help! Thanks :)!!!

Sorry for the lateness of my response Vekia :(.

You're right.

I was trying to do the override after the module installation.

However when I try to reinstall the module I get this error:

The following module(s) were not installed properly:

• - mymoudulename :
    Unable to install override: Class AddressOverrideOriginal does not exist

As always thank you very much for your patience and your precious help :)!

Sure :) here it is the Address.php that I placed inside my module override/classes/ dir.

<?php
class Address extends AddressCore
{
 public static $definition = array(
   'table' => 'address',
   'primary' => 'id_address',
   'fields' => array(
  'id_customer' =>    array('type' => self::TYPE_INT, 'validate' => 'isNullOrUnsignedId', 'copy_post' => false),
  'id_manufacturer' =>  array('type' => self::TYPE_INT, 'validate' => 'isNullOrUnsignedId', 'copy_post' => false),
  'id_supplier' =>    array('type' => self::TYPE_INT, 'validate' => 'isNullOrUnsignedId', 'copy_post' => false),
  'id_warehouse' =>	 array('type' => self::TYPE_INT, 'validate' => 'isNullOrUnsignedId', 'copy_post' => false),
  'id_country' =>	 array('type' => self::TYPE_INT, 'validate' => 'isUnsignedId', 'required' => true),
  'id_state' =>	   array('type' => self::TYPE_INT, 'validate' => 'isNullOrUnsignedId'),
  'alias' =>	    array('type' => self::TYPE_STRING, 'validate' => 'isGenericName', 'required' => true, 'size' => 32),
  'company' =>	  array('type' => self::TYPE_STRING, 'validate' => 'isGenericName', 'size' => 64),
  'lastname' =>	   array('type' => self::TYPE_STRING, 'validate' => 'isName', 'required' => true, 'size' => 32),
  'firstname' =>	  array('type' => self::TYPE_STRING, 'validate' => 'isName', 'required' => true, 'size' => 32),
  'vat_number' =>	 array('type' => self::TYPE_STRING, 'validate' => 'isGenericName'),
  'address1' =>	   array('type' => self::TYPE_STRING, 'validate' => 'isAddress', 'required' => true, 'size' => 128),
  'address2' =>	   array('type' => self::TYPE_STRING, 'validate' => 'isAddress', 'size' => 128),
  'postcode' =>	   array('type' => self::TYPE_STRING, 'validate' => 'isPostCode', 'size' => 12),
  'city' =>		 array('type' => self::TYPE_STRING, 'validate' => 'isCityName', 'required' => true, 'size' => 64),
  'other' =>	    array('type' => self::TYPE_STRING, 'validate' => 'isMessage', 'size' => 300),
  'phone' =>	    array('type' => self::TYPE_STRING, 'validate' => 'isPhoneNumber', 'required', 'size' => 32),
  'phone_mobile' =>	 array('type' => self::TYPE_STRING, 'validate' => 'isPhoneNumber', 'required', 'size' => 32),
  'dni' =>	    array('type' => self::TYPE_STRING, 'validate' => 'isDniLite', 'size' => 16),
  'deleted' =>	  array('type' => self::TYPE_BOOL, 'validate' => 'isBool', 'copy_post' => false),
  'date_add' =>	   array('type' => self::TYPE_DATE, 'validate' => 'isDateFormat', 'copy_post' => false),
  'date_upd' =>	   array('type' => self::TYPE_DATE, 'validate' => 'isDateFormat', 'copy_post' => false),
   ),
 );
}

The only thing that I changed is the required in phone and phone_mobile fields.

One thing.

I'm having some difficulties also in doing an override of the AdminOrderControllerCore.

I've placed my custom AdminOrderController.php file in the override/controllers/admin but it seems that it isn't considered at all :(.

If I need to open another topic for this problem please let me know so that I can keep the forum clean and coherent :).

Sorry eleazar for my incredibly late response :(.

If I remove the /cache/class_index.php I get the following error when I load the FO:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Address::getFirstCustomerAddressId() in /media/data/dev/sites/vdp/vdp/classes/controller/FrontController.php on line 241