Changes to global.css are not showing on the live site

chrisdac

Hi,

We're shortly going live with a new store for one of our clients, built using Prestashop 1.5.4. Annoyingly, changes we have recently made to global.css are not showing - the site is still serving the old css.

I have already tried:

- Forcing compilation

- Disabling the site cache

- Disabling all CCC

- Deleting all files from /cache/smarty/cache and /cache/smarty/compile

- Deleting my local browser cache and doing a hard refresh

Nothing is working; we are still not seeing the new styles. Any idea what is happening here?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi chrisdac,

could you also share the head of your ugly user errors!

I'm having the same problem. Tried everything with caching and so, but all changes in global.css still not taking place.

thanks

what you exactly want to change in the css?

if it is possible, can you share the url to your store?

Hi vekia,

thanks for the fast reply.

I want to change at least some smaller things:

• Google Fonts
  • line-heights

but also some bugs like the logo height (which is too big and overlaps the pictures below).

All my changes in header.tpl also do not take place.

I tried everything with clearing the cache:

• browser cache
  • deleting all files in cache/smarty/compile and cache/smarty/cache
  • my smarty in the preferences is set on compile force and cache deactivated

​I really don't know what to do anymore.

I have the latest version of Prestashop (1.5.4.1) and am using the default theme. I am using the right files too (I am used to work with FTP programs like FileZilla). But all the changes are not taking place.

thanks for your help in advance,

k

Edited by romedius33 (see edit history)

it's because your browser has got own "cache" (websites works better - much better load time - with browser cache). You can turn cache in your browser off, but in my opinion it is bad idea, it's better to hard refresh ;)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

hello, when i make changes in the global.css it works fine, but when i make changes inside the @media max width (for mobile) it does not work at all. I try to edit the footer in prestashop 1.6.1.1 default theme. is there some other file i have to edit?

thank you

hello, when i make changes in the global.css it works fine, but when i make changes inside the @media max width (for mobile) it does not work at all. I try to edit the footer in prestashop 1.6.1.1 default theme. is there some other file i have to edit?

thank you

Solution1: Use !important

Solution2: just look for css file in your OS. You can search for ".footer-container" string.

Solution3: just disable smarty cache and search the css file with firebug for example.

• 2 years later...

Hi. I am having the same problem. Global.css changes are not working. I am trying to change just a color. Tried everything:

- browser hard reset

- from backoffice disabling all cache, clear cache

The file itself gets changed, but when I inspect the page source and check the global.css, the color is the old one. 

This is my shop: www.babylovebox.ro  And I want to change the color of the phone number and email in the footer (which are white on white background). 

Edited by Mihaela (see edit history)

• 1 year later...
On 6/4/2013 at 10:11 PM, vekia said:

it's because your browser has got own "cache" (websites works better - much better load time - with browser cache). You can turn cache in your browser off, but in my opinion it is bad idea, it's better to hard refresh ;)

Do you know how to hard refresh or cancel the cache of the customers? Thanks