[solved] remove Welcome message from header

I just checked your site, and i could not see a welcome message, what I did see is that it seems to be using a theme with missing/corrupt CSS as it is totally messed up in Chrome and IE for me? What theme do you use?

i checked your website source code, i think that this block user information module, as you can see below:

ybEdzAE.png

in my opinion you should check blockuserinfo module .tpl file:

modules/blockuserinfo/blockuserinfo.tpl - remember that sometimes this file exist in your theme directory: themes/YOUR_THEME/modules/blockuserinfo/blockuserinfo.tpl - if so - you have to check this file and append all changes there

• Like 1

i checked your website source code, i think that this block user information module, as you can see below:

ybEdzAE.png

in my opinion you should check blockuserinfo module .tpl file:

modules/blockuserinfo/blockuserinfo.tpl - remember that sometimes this file exist in your theme directory: themes/YOUR_THEME/modules/blockuserinfo/blockuserinfo.tpl - if so - you have to check this file and append all changes there

This is correct, I has misread the source :)

in the same file you've got something like:

<a href="{$link->getPageLink('my-account', true)}" title="{l s='Login to your customer account' mod='blockuserinfo'}" class="login" rel="nofollow">( {l s='Login' mod='blockuserinfo'} )</a>

just remove the ( and )

• 5 months later...

Hello, I have also problem with welcome message, I just can't remove it. For now I know that welcome message is situated in blockuserinfo module, I tried to remove this code from blockuserinfo.tpl file

{l s='Welcome' mod='blockuserinfo'}

But when I try to refresh my page nothing happens, welcome message is still there. My next step was to change blockuserinfo.php, so php file would call different *.tpl file like blockuserinfo1.tpl just to try if there is catche problem. It works but, then css doesnt work. So can you help with this problem, why page wont refresh?

Edited by tarantoo (see edit history)

• 2 years later...