PS v1.5.4.1 - PayPal Payment Error still creates ORDER.

mytheory.

Hi,

We just upgraded our shop to the newest version, and implemented PayPal module. It appeared to be working fine and for most orders it still does.

However, this morning we received 2 new orders but the status said "Payment error." In the past, PayPal payment errors only sent us an email but NEVER created an order.

The newest version of PS or Paypal module is now creating orders for payment error (not accepted) transactions.

Question is... has anybody else experienced this? I want to make sure its not jsut our site.

Also, is there a way to solve this issue? So no orders are created unless the payment has been accepted.

THANK YOU!

I've noticed this also and I'm running PS v1.4.9 and PayPal v3.5.0. It's happened to me in the past (on earlier PS 1.4x and PayPal versions), but has definitely been happening more frequently since upgrading to v3.5.0. Often I get two orders, one "Payment error" followed by "Payment accepted". I've also started to get a few PayPal error emails with no actual details of the error.

I suspect it's a problem with PayPal module, it usually is.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

At least we can start ruling out that chances are its not our setup... but as you said with the paypal module.

I did open an issue in the bug tracker so hopefully that will help.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

This has been an issue for me as well on my recent testing. Using Prestashop 1.5.4.1 and paypal module 3.5.1

It would be preferred if there is any payment issue, the order is not created at all.

To clarify the majority of the paypal payments come in correctly.

Example errors (visible under messages section of order details)

PayPal response:TIMESTAMP -> 2013-06-09T19:09:09ZL_ERRORCODE0 -> 10729L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Shipping Address State EmptyL_LONGMESSAGE0 -> The field Shipping Address State is requiredL_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

In reference to a Brazil address:

82720-000 Curitiba

Brazil

NOTES: Prestashop by default does not have Brazil's states in Localization / States area, doing a Localization pack import appears to add them though.

and

PayPal response:TIMESTAMP -> 2013-06-09T18:29:52ZL_ERRORCODE0 -> 10736L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Shipping Address Invalid City State Postal CodeL_LONGMESSAGE0 -> A match of the Shipping Address City, State, and Postal Code failed.L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

In reference to

Phoneix, Arizona 85003

United States

NOTES: Issue appears to be misspelling of Phoenix

Edited by djmonkeyboy (see edit history)

I have the same or similar problem. I get an order confirmation but no paypal payment notification. There is just paymanet error message. When customer places order for the second time order goes through normaly. Where is the problem? In new presta version 1.5.4.1 or paypal module?

Edited by TuscaniCustoms (see edit history)

This problem has just got worse. Twice now an order has been created with the status "Payment error". Assuming that there really is an error I've ignored them only to find out, after customer complaints and checking with PayPal, that the payment was actually successful.

So it seems that not only are orders being created when there is a genuine error (annoying), but orders are also being created with the status Payment error when there is no error.

@Benjamin Utterback, Is anyone looking into this problem as I understand it has not been fixed in v3.5.1?

I have updated the paypal module to latest version and now it works fine. Friend did a test order and everything went soomthly. Old module did not work with new prestashop version so it had to be updated. Thanks for help.

I have one more issue described here so Benjamin please see if you can help me with this or not http://www.prestashop.com/forums/user/309255-tuscanicustoms/

also Benjamin (you are so good on the forums), we cannot import states for countries if we have changed the dafault shipping zones. I am sure of that as every support request says they cannot replicate. Can you check this out as it seems to be a major problem with prestashop and is often ignored. All out prestashops cannot import states. and we cannot support ps with modules etc if we cannot get successful transactions. We cannot grow if our simple sales fail. Thanks. We love ps but our clients want us to move to something without paypal errors.

You will not belive this but now I get another order and PAYMENT ERROR again! How is this possible? Why was my friend able to place an order and make payment but my customer from Malysia wasn't? Does it have anything to do with location od the customer?

The same story, I get order confirmation but no payment. I hope this problem is resolved fast as I'm losing money and customers because of this.

Please help Benjamin

Thank you

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, i have updated the paypal module to the latest version 3.6.6 on my prestashop 1.5.4.1, but customers from China, Korea, and Japan could not check out as usual. The error shows HTTP 500, and sometimes it's 10001 from paypal error (internal error) in the followings,

PayPal response:
CHECKOUTSTATUS -> PaymentActionNotInitiated
TIMESTAMP -> 2014-03-16T04:42:56Z
L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10001
L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Transaction failed due to internal error
L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> Internal Error
L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error
PAYMENTREQUESTINFO_0_ERRORCODE -> 0

May i know how to resolve this issue?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...