Adding Extra Fee On Cart

Hello Everyone,

My question is;

If a customer adds products to cart and the total cost is lets say ;

30$ I would like to add 5 $ for extra service charge..

I mean

If the totalcost is < 30$ I will add 5$

if the totalcost is >= 30$ I will not add anything..

How can I do this?

Thanks

Hi,

This is harder than it seems, especially if you use paypal. Indeed, you would need an extra fees module or a hardcoded modification. The problem then would be that certain modules do several checks on the prices, and if the total doesn't match, say, the products total plus shipping, they won't let you go through. You might try something with shipping, otherwise youl'll need to change many payment modules at some level

Thank you for your reply Nemo,

Actually its just one condition inside the cart before the payment choice is to be choosen..

Lets say when I add all the products before confirming the payment choice, it will check

if totalcost < or > then 30$ ( or some other value )...

I wish there is an easy way to do this..

When I do some more configuration on shipping then it all goes wrong as well :(

• 3 months later...

Thanks for your reply . But I don't think this is the right search term to find a module for such a function: 

Hello Everyone,
My question is;
If a customer adds products to cart and the total cost is lets say ;
30$ I would like to add 5 $ for extra service charge..

I mean
If the totalcost is < 30$ I will add 5$
if the totalcost is >= 30$ I will not add anything..
How can I do this?
Thanks

Please correct me if I'm wrong. I appreciate every feedback.

• 2 weeks later...

1) Go to Shipping->Shipping. Set handling charges and free shipping above starts at 30usd

AdminShipping.gif Handling

• If you set these parameters to 0, they will be disabled.
  • Coupons are not taken into account when calculating free shipping
Handling charges
  Rs. (tax excl.)

Free shipping starts at
  Rs.

Free shipping starts at
  kg

2) Check your Shipping->carriers then edit your carrier. select location and costs tab

I think you may achieve here by creating appropriate tax named "service charges"

Shipping and handling:

enabled.gif  disabled.gif

Include the shipping and handling costs in the carrier price.

Apply shipping cost:

enabled.gif  disabled.gif

Apply both regular shipping cost and product-specific shipping costs.

Billing:

According to total price 
 According to total weight 

Tax:

No Tax IN Reduced Rate (4%) IN Standard Rate (12.5%) IN Super Reduced Rate (1%) 

Will be applied when the price is >= *  Rs. Will be applied when the price is < *  Rs. All   Asia    Rs.      

I hope you can achieve your requirement.
Edited by sureshk2n (see edit history)

okay then apply shipping charges by editing your carriers. if the price is < 30$ , and enter $5 to appropriate zone. If you don't want charge as shipping charges and you want to charge as service  charges then, you may have to develop a module by yourself or hire a freelancer. I am also looking to develop this as a module to charge extra as service charges.

thanks for your suggestion.

If you don't want charge as shipping charges and you want to charge as service  charges then, you may have to develop a module by yourself or hire a freelancer. 

That's exactly our requirement and the reason why we started developing our own module. It should be done until the end of this year. Will send you a free copy if you are interested.

• Like 1

That's exactly our requirement and the reason why we started developing our own module. It should be done until the end of this year. Will send you a free copy if you are interested.

yeah please. It might be helpful to all. Kindly share once you complete the module. 

Thanks

If you are only using one currency you can do this with my additional fees module (commercial):

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/137273-module-payment-fees-discounts-by-payment-module/

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I'm also looking for this option. If the total order amount is lower than € 250 then there should be a "Low order fee" of € 10

Is this possible with this module?

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi!

I'm in the same position. I need to add an extra fee when paying with credit card module. This fee is not fixed, is a % of the order total. I've another payment module, so I can't charge this fee always, only when this payment method is selected.

I've bought the BVK extra fee module, but it doesn't solve my case and creates conflict with some overrides.

Edited by gu78 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I'm in the same position. I need to add an extra fee when paying with credit card module. This fee is not fixed, is a % of the order total. I've another payment module, so I can't charge this fee always, only when this payment method is selected.

I've bought the BVK extra fee module, but it doesn't solve my case and creates conflict with some overrides.

I just want o buy BVK extra fee module, you mean it override some exist files in your shop? seems risky...

If you have a good solution, i would like also to have a try :)

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 11/20/2014 at 6:43 AM, Rolige said:

Don't need anything extra, in "Shipping > Preferences" you can add handling charges, you can use this as extra fee.

On my site it in not working to add handling charges, the total shipping cost remains the same. Should I do other setting for adding the handling charges?

Thank you!

• 2 years later...
On 12/10/2015 at 2:45 AM, gu78 said:

Hi!

Did you find a solution for this?

Edited by thx2012 (see edit history)