Prestashop + Wordpress Integration

Hi,

Im wondering how to integrate prestashop (1.5) and Wordpress.

I dont want to have 2 separate projects like myshop.com and myshop.com/blog.

The most important thing is that I need to have the main hompage wordpress driven.

Any ideas?

Hi,

I work with both, and I can say it with confidence: drop the idea. Wordpress has some good ecommerce plugins if you want to integrate your shop with the blog. If not, kee the 2 things separate as prestashop and wordpress have so different coding standards (better to say WP has one.. prestashop doesn't exactly), I believe they can't be integrated flawlessly, withyout compromises.

Of course, anybody is free to demonstrate I'm wrong :D

• Like 1

Hi,

I work with both, and I can say it with confidence: drop the idea. Wordpress has some good ecommerce plugins if you want to integrate your shop with the blog. If not, kee the 2 things separate as prestashop and wordpress have so different coding standards (better to say WP has one.. prestashop doesn't exactly), I believe they can't be integrated flawlessly, withyout compromises.

Of course, anybody is free to demonstrate I'm wrong :D

Very well stated.

We also work with both and I highly recommend you take Nemo1's advice.

Marty Shue

But In my opinion Prestashop is still way better as an e-commerce platform than Wordpress.

I would like to keep them separate but be able to blend layout together in some points. For example I wish to have wordpress driven magazine style homepage in the root folder www.myshop.com/ (great for SEO )

• Like 1

Yes, I agree. would it be a big issue to keep WP as the homepage, and use the shop in /shop ?

Or maybe you can setup a permanent redirect with htaccess, though it will require some huge apache knowledge to manage both the platforms

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi,

Of course, anybody is free to demonstrate I'm wrong biggrin.png

Hi,

We fully agree - both PrestaShop and WordPress have absolutely different coding standards and when we were trying to integrate WordPress to PrestaShop the first time, it almost resulted in dropping such an idea as well. In the end we took the challenge and after many months of development we are proud to announce a clean and fully featured WordPress to PrestaShop Integration with no compromises! :)

Check it out at https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/432988-module-wordpress-blog-integration-to-prestashop-13141516/

And we did not stop - phpBB and many other integration to PrestaShop are coming soon :-)

Feedback is welcome!

Since this post is almost a year old lots of things have changed. While what you have done is admirable it is somewhat trying to reinvent the wheel. With the release of Woocommerce things have changed considerably. There is really no further need to try to integrate PS with WP as Woocommerce is very stable and quite flexible. Especially considering it took 'many months'.

We have developed several sites/stores using Woocommerce and the result has been excellent. We continue to use PS when developing a strictly ecommerce site but no longer see the need to have both WP and PS together. I also realize this may not be the best solution for everyone as all needs are different. 

Marty Shue

Edited by Carolina Custom Designs (see edit history)

Marty, our solution is strictly for people who run or want to run PrestaShop and would like to integrate WordPress to their stores and use thousands of available plugins for WP and PS (i.e. take the advantage of current #1 platforms for stores and blogs).

We have no doubts there are great ecommerce plugins for WordPress, such as Woocommerce, as you already mentioned :)

Edited by inweb (see edit history)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hello. I have a membership website using WordPress. I also have another website using prestashop. Now I want my members to be able to buy from my prestashop website with discounts according to their subscription plans with one login. Any ideas on how to do this?

• 1 month later...