500 Interval Server Error when edit/save product in BO 1.5.4.1

I am using 1.5.4.1 and when I update/save product in back office first I get 500 Internal server error and when I refresh the page I get the following error...

Please note that this table ps_product_group_reduction_cache is empty.

[PrestaShopDatabaseException]
MySQL server has gone away
[b]DELETE FROM `ps_product_group_reduction_cache` WHERE `id_product` = 887[/b]

at line 607 in file classes/db/Db.php
601.	WebserviceRequest::getInstance()->setError(500, '[sql Error] '.$this->getMsgError().'. From '.(isset($dbg[3]['class']) ? $dbg[3]['class'] : '').'->'.$dbg[3]['function'].'() Query was : '.$sql, 97);
602.   }
603.   else if (_PS_DEBUG_SQL_ && $errno && !defined('PS_INSTALLATION_IN_PROGRESS'))
604.   {
605.	if ($sql)
606.	 throw new PrestaShopDatabaseException($this->getMsgError().'<br /><br /><pre>'.$sql.'</pre>');
607.	throw new PrestaShopDatabaseException($this->getMsgError());
608.   }
609.  }
611.  /**
DbCore->displayError - [line 307 - classes/db/Db.php] - [1 Arguments]
DbCore->query - [line 447 - classes/db/Db.php] - [1 Arguments]
DbCore->execute - [line 207 - classes/GroupReduction.php] - [1 Arguments]
GroupReductionCore::deleteProductReduction - [line 192 - classes/GroupReduction.php] - [1 Arguments]
GroupReductionCore::setProductReduction - [line 4692 - classes/Product.php] - [3 Arguments]
ProductCore->setGroupReduction - [line 508 - classes/Product.php] - [0 Argument]
ProductCore->update - [line 1800 - controllers/admin/AdminProductsController.php] - [0 Argument]
AdminProductsControllerCore->processUpdate - [line 661 - classes/controller/AdminController.php] - [0 Argument]
AdminControllerCore->processSave - [line 539 - classes/controller/AdminController.php] - [0 Argument]
AdminControllerCore->postProcess - [line 1251 - controllers/admin/AdminProductsController.php] - [0 Argument]
AdminProductsControllerCore->postProcess - [line 158 - classes/controller/Controller.php] - [0 Argument]
ControllerCore->run - [line 349 - classes/Dispatcher.php] - [0 Argument]
DispatcherCore->dispatch - [line 50 - twmadmin/index.php] - [0 Argument]

Edited by bilalhussain (see edit history)

Do you know the parameters of your hosting service? How much RAM memory have you available on your webhosting?

Server information

Server information: Linux #1 SMP Wed Mar 13 00:26:49 UTC 2013 x86_64

Server software version: Apache

PHP version: 5.3.21

Memory limit: 512M

Max execution time: 50000

Really weird, does the product you edit have many combinations?

Not at all...idk why but i think my upgrade from 1.5.4.0 to 1.5.4.1 didn't go quite well but I never got any error during update though. How can I make sure I have the latest php files?

Hi Bilalhussain,

You can check on PHP settings by running a phpinfo.php script (if you need to build one - check out this link View PHP settings using phpinfo).

Whenever I have a 500 error that I need to resolve, my systems guy looks at me and says, did you look at the Apache error log? At which point, I try to remember the ssh command for it. You might need to talk with your host technical support if you dont' have access. The command is typically something like:

tail -5000 /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log | grep (specify your domain name or IP here)

I hope this helps! Let us know what you find!

Arnel C.

Community Support Team

Web Hosting Hub

Edited by arncus (see edit history)

Hi Bilalhussain,

You can check on PHP settings by running a phpinfo.php script (if you need to build one - check out this link View PHP settings using phpinfo).

Whenever I have a 500 error that I need to resolve, my systems guy looks at me and says, did you look at the Apache error log? At which point, I try to remember the ssh command for it. You might need to talk with your host technical support if you dont' have access. The command is typically something like:

tail -5000 /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log | grep (specify your domain name or IP here)

I hope this helps! Let us know what you find!

Arnel C.

Community Support Team

Web Hosting Hub

I have asked Godaddy support to give me apache error_log but those logs does not have any errors. I am getting numerious errors please see the screen shots.

post-478363-0-58253400-1368999448_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...

@bilahussain,

I'm with Go Daddy and came across your post.

Have you been able to get to your PHP error logs?

If you have not done so already, you will need to enable error logs on your hosting account. See the link below for information on how to do so:

http://support.godaddy.com/help/article/1197/working-with-error-logs

If you have any additional questions or concerns, feel free to reply or send me a private message.

@bilahussain,

I'm with Go Daddy and came across your post.

Have you been able to get to your PHP error logs?

If you have not done so already, you will need to enable error logs on your hosting account. See the link below for information on how to do so:

http://support.godad...with-error-logs

If you have any additional questions or concerns, feel free to reply or send me a private message.

Thanks for reaching out Ken, I have already checked those directories but there is nothing besides a warning notice for ssl cert. I need the following logs

cat /var/log/apache2/error.log.1 | grep 12.236.19.20

**depends where is the error log file located.

Its very simple but I think Godaddy tech support don't know what I am talking about.

Also there is no way that there were no error generated under apache/php because I have been getting Internal Server Error 500 every time.

Let see if you help me out.

Thanks,

Bilal

@bilalhussain,

Thank you for your reply.

When reviewing your concerns with our hosting teams they found that the logs you are trying to access are in the root directories of the server and this is why you are unable to connect.

However when you enable server logs in your hosting account we parse the information from the log you were attempting to access. We then place that into your error logs located in your file manager.

If you are still not seeing the error logs for your 500 errors, please feel free to send me a private message with additional information on your site so we can review further to find out why these are not showing up.

@bilalhussain,

When reviewing your concerns with our hosting teams they found that the logs you are trying to access are in the root directories of the server and this is why you are unable to connect.

However when you enable server logs in your hosting account we parse the information from the log you were attempting to access. We then place that into your error logs located in your file manager.

If you are still not seeing the error logs for your 500 errors, please feel free to send me a private message with additional information on your site so we can review further to find out why these are not showing up.

https://shoptwm.com/twmadmin/index.php?controller=AdminModules&configure=homeslider&token=[token removed for security purpose]&delete_id_slide=6

the above url just throw another server error 500 at 6/14/2013 11:10:am - 11:15am.

Now this error must have been log some where on the server? I want to know the detail of it.

I understand the standard enabling error log and viewing under file manager. Those log file does not have any related information to these error 500. When this error saved it must have the url of where it is coming from and these error happening under /twmamdin/ directory. I do not see any error in log file under file manager.

awaiting for your prompt reply!

Thanks,

Bilal

Edited by bilalhussain (see edit history)

@bilalhussain,

@Ken_GoDaddy

on the behalf of www.godaddy.com, If your unable to provide me the requested information then I would have no choice but to move my hosting with a different provider?

-bilal

• 4 months later...

Hey gang, I have been having 500 errors and I have GoDaddy hosting with PS V1.5.5. My 500 errors would happen mostly when I was doing something to a product (adding, saving, changing, deleting) the BO would hang and always result in a 500 error, and NEVER was there anything on my error log. I have tried everything and had just about given up. I read something in another forum and made me think that this would work with PS and it did... All I did was change my cache folder CHMOD file permissions to WRITE and Bam! Problem solved. Give it a shot - certainly can't hurt.

Hey gang, I have been having 500 errors and I have GoDaddy hosting with PS V1.5.5. My 500 errors would happen mostly when I was doing something to a product (adding, saving, changing, deleting) the BO would hang and always result in a 500 error, and NEVER was there anything on my error log. I have tried everything and had just about given up. I read something in another forum and made me think that this would work with PS and it did... All I did was change my cache folder CHMOD file permissions to WRITE and Bam! Problem solved. Give it a shot - certainly can't hurt.

Thank You!!! - I add the exact same problem and same solution worked for me too!!!

• 4 weeks later...

My problem solved after clearing the cache. It was showing the same error while clearing cache. I deleted all the cache file item in the server by ftp.(my theme/cache/(all files except index.php). But I couldn't figure out why it was showing the error. My error reporting is on and not showing any error.

Got the same issue going on. After chatting with the host support, all I got was that it might be a 500 error. He changed some setting and said it should work but it doesn't. So I'm back to square one again.

Tried the solution with changing cache/CHMOD but found out it was already 755/Write for owner and Read for the rest.

Not sure what cause this since I don't get any error and not sure what could be done.

I'm running ver 1.5.5.0 in this case. Also, I have another shop at the same host but a different domain and different account and the problem doesn't occure there.

Edited by BandofHand (see edit history)

• 5 months later...