[SOLVED] Show Product Reference in categories

Hello,

Is there a way to make the product reference display next to a product when being viewed in a category?

Currently just the short description/title displays but I would also like the reference to display.

Does anyone have an idea of how to achieve this?

Thank you!

Edited by RCP90 (see edit history)

Hello,

Is there a way to make the product reference display next to a product when being viewed in a category?

Currently just the short description/title displays but I would also like the reference to display.

Does anyone have an idea of how to achieve this?

Thank you!

what prestashop version you use?

• Like 1

Hello,

I am using 1.5.4.1.

:)

so it's very very easy. All you have to do is to edit produt-list.tpl file.

open the themes/YOUR_THEME/product-list.tpl file

and insert this:

{$product.reference}

anywhere you want (remember that it must be in foreach loop)

for example, reference above the product name:

{$product.reference}
<h3><a href="{$product.link|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}" title="{$product.name|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}">{$product.name|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'|truncate:35:'...'}</a></h3>

• Like 2

You're welcome

I've noticed that you're active here on forum, so you probably work hard with your template - so my question is: it is possible to check your website ? ;) I am very curious what you've got;)

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Could it be that this don´t work for ps 1.6? I cheked the product reference in the product.tpl and it is similar as yours ---{$product.reference} --- but altought I paste it in the product list.tpl I cant make it work. This is the full code that appears in the product.tpl:

<p id="product_reference"{if empty($product->reference) || !$product->reference} style="display: none;"{/if}>
<label>{l s='Model'} </label>
<span class="editable" itemprop="sku">{if !isset($groups)}{$product->reference|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}{/if}</span>
</p>

The {$product.reference} worksin ps1.6. The problem is when changing the view from grid to list. Tha is changed in the global.js file but not sure how as it is not a div or class.

Any ideas?

I used the following code:

<p id="product_reference"{if empty($product->reference) || !$product->reference} style="display: none;"{/if}>
<label>{l s='Model'} </label>
<span class="editable" itemprop="sku">{$product.reference} </span>
</p>

In the global.js:
html += '<p id="product_reference">'+ $(element).find('.product_reference').html() + '</p>';

But when I switch from grid to list it changes to undefined
Edited by Alejandrosi (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

What I use on http://www.winerepublic.ro/ro/vin-alb/1697-solo-quinta-cramele-recas-5942084501903.html

<!-- SKU EAN Product ID Model -->

<meta itemprop="sku" content="{$product->reference|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" />
                                   <meta itemprop="gtin13" content="{$product->ean13|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" />
                                   <meta itemprop="productID" content="" />
                                   <meta itemprop="model" content="" />

<!-- /SKU EAN Product ID Model -->

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

I upgrade from 1.5 to 1.6 and I managed to have my theme stable and working, I am having a problem when I go to a product that has combinations as the reference number is not present at the moment that loads, but when I select any option from the combinations the reference appears, the intention is to have the reference all the time visible.

I remember making some changes in my 1.5 install and theme for that porpoise but I do not know what is that it has to be changed for the 1.6.

Here is a link to one of the products http://store.perezsanz.com/us/index.php?id_product=385&controller=product

Any help will be appreciated, please let me know if you need more information. (I am not an expert in code)

Thank you!

Hello,

Look for a style=display: none in the product.tpl and remove it. If not, it can be in the css file.

Thank you soo much for your assistance! it seems it works!

I did the change in product.tpl if any help i am posting where exactly as there are more than one style= display: none

in the file:

<p id="product_reference" {if isset($groups) OR !$product->reference}style="display: none;"{/if}>

to this:

<p id="product_reference" {if isset($groups) OR !$product->reference}{/if}>

Other tip, just change it in the theme you are working on and always keep a BAK :)

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi. What i do wrong? In Product.tpl this:

<p id="product_reference" {if isset($groups) OR !$product->reference}style="display: none;"{/if}><label for="product_reference">{l s='Model:'}</label><span class="editable">{$product->reference|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}</span></p>

work ok, but when i copy this code in my modul2.tpl i dont see nothing , only when i delete "display: none;" i see only label 'Model:' not reference.

Thank You

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 5/16/2013 at 10:00 PM, vekia said:

so it's very very easy. All you have to do is to edit produt-list.tpl file.

open the themes/YOUR_THEME/product-list.tpl file

and insert this:

{$product.reference}

anywhere you want (remember that it must be in foreach loop)

This method worked great for me in PrestaShop 1.6. I am now testing out PrestaShop 1.7 and wanted to add the same thing.

Is this possible and how do I go about it?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Edited by DJAd (see edit history)

• 3 years later...