Weight in Gramms NOT kg/Shipping

Tazmarlin

Hi,

I am very new to this forum so my apologies if I have posted in the wrong section! I have had my website built for me using Prestashop and I'm in the process of adding all the weights & prices. I have 2 questions:

All of my weights are in kg (I'm in the UK) but most of my stock is no more than 500g. Is there anyway of changing/formatting the weights to grams & kilograms?

Alternatively, when I add my product, can I not add all the shipping costs then, eg; price to UK standarad, price to UK recorded and so on for Europe & the rest of the world? Surely it would be easier to add the shipping costs to each item rather than doing it by weight? Some of my items are available to buy in quantites of 1 - 100 so this is ALOT of different weights to input!

Any help will be greatly appreciated and please explain in layman's terms!

Many thanks,

Linda

First of all, how does your carrier charge you for your packages? is there a table how he charges you?

for example 1-100 grams 1pound,

101 - 250 grams 2 pound

251-500 grams 3 pound

501-1000 grams 4 pound etc.

Then yo have to just add these weights in your carrier's weight range. This is how he charges you, so you should follow this. You can of course 'guess' your charge per item, but mostly you either loose if you sell just one item, or you overcharge when selling more items, both not fair...

So the basis is the carrier's weight and work from there. Actually the KG/gr indication is just a word. It has no scientific value, it's just a word. To change this word you can go to Localization->localization and scroll down a little. Here you can change the 'lb'/'kg' into 'gr' or so.

Then when adding the weight range, just add

1-101

101-251

251-501

501-1001 etc

N.B. Notice that the end value of the first range step (101) must be the same as the start value of the second range step (101)

This is because PS EXCLUDES the end value of the range step, so it goes from 1 UP UNTIL 100, the second step from 101 UP UNTIL 200) etc. (This is stated wrongly in the documentation as yet...)

my 2 cents,

pascal

• Like 1

N.B. Notice that the end value of the first range step (101) must be the same as the start value of the second range step (101) This is because PS EXCLUDES the end value of the range step, so it goes from 1 UP UNTIL 100, the second step from 101 UP UNTIL 200) etc. (This is stated wrongly in the documentation as yet...)

Oh wow, indeed!

Thank you for noticing this mistake! I have corrected the documentation accordingly.

Thanks!