Layout problems after installing new theme

Hi

I have been using the standard prestashop template up until recently when i bought the black electric version. I backed up all my old data just in case it didn't work; the switch worked however now I have several visual issues.

The url for my site:

http://mobilitytools...cart/index.php?

As you can see the top header bar with "Home, Mobility Equipment, Strenght & Conditioning Equipment" overlaps another bar underneath which has "contact, sitemap". The logo also overlaps both the header and the homepage slideshow. I've tried reuploading this to change it but changing the image size on my upload has no effect, so I'm guessing it is somewhere in the themes code. I also had to change the file from .JPG to .jpg for it to be viewable. I would prefer to use .png but if I upload this it won't load either. There is also a second search bar on the right hand side (in black, below the white one) which is covered by the slideshow, I'd like to remove the search bit, but don't know how? Also on this bit is user login and sign up, but this is currently covered up by the slider, if I could move the slider down I'm sure this would solve a lot of my problems!

The final problem (for now!) is that in one of the modules down the left hand side (Top sellers) the "all best sellers" arrow is broken into three bits which looks pretty poor, how can I change this? One more question, is there anyway I can change my thumbnail colour backgrounds? Currently they are white but would prefer them to be black, failing this I'm guessing I will have to resize all my thumbnails so there is no border on top and bottom?

Thanks for any assistance

Edited by stuartbartley (see edit history)

To start at the end,

for the white color, you may try to change the white's in file:

classes/ImageManager.php

not sure if all needed to be changed or only a select. Give it a try.

To remove the second search box, try to uninstall Quick search box module.

maybe set the horizontal menu bar fixed some 110 pxls down, and see if that works for you:

open file /modules/blocktopmenu/css/superfish-modified.css

and add the three last lines: (around line 2)

.sf-contener {

clear: both;

position: absolute;

top: 120px; <<- can be changed a little to see where you want it exactly...

left: 0px;

}

To move the slider down, add some top attributes:

edit file: modules/blackhomeslideshow/js/global_1.css (around line 7)

.slideshowBanner .slides_container{

width: 978px;

height: 310px;

overflow: hidden;

position: relative;

background: none;

top: 125px; <-- add this line

}

finally, the navigation buttons should also go down, so add (same file, around line 8):

.slideshowBanner .pagination {

width: 115px;

z-index: 9999;

margin: -30px auto 0 !important;

position: relative;

top: 160px; << add this line

}

Hope this helps,

pascal

Hi I realised that I uninstalled a module once I reinstalled the user account one it fixed the problems, thanks for the help though. For the images I changed them to to png to get rid of the white bits. Only thing left is the top seller block to fix...

thanks for the information, i've got one question related to the "top sellers" block

It looks really weird, youv'e got right. But what you exactly expect?

Have you got any example of your theme, where we can check how "top sellers" block should work?