How do I install an ecommerce template through zip folder?

Hi!!!

I bought a theme from templatemonster which was OSCommerce and I had so many problems so I then got another template from TemplateMonster.com and it is e-commerce.. .However, this time I told them I didn't want to pay them for installation since I had already had so many problems!!!

So, I was sent a zip folder with all the info to install my theme.. I need assistance to put all the info in the zip folder into prestashop.. Please contact me right away, I have already been waiting for a month and I hope that I can get this template site up and going asap!

Sincerely,

Kristalee

Hi kristaleeann,

If you want to install this theme automatically, use "Import/export a theme module" in back office, click configure on the module and then navigate to where the zip file is, upload it and follow on screen prompts.

• Like 1

Hi kristaleeann,

If you want to install this theme automatically, use "Import/export a theme module" in back office, click configure on the module and then navigate to where the zip file is, upload it and follow on screen prompts.

I will try it and see, I am new to prestashop so I don't know where everything is, but I am slowly finding things ;)

Thanks a lot!!!

• Like 1

i k

when you are logged into back office, paste Import/export into the search at the top and it will find the module, click it and make sure it is enabled and then just select configure.

:)

i know this may sound ridiculous.. but how do i get to the back office?

You are actually using PrestaShop? I only ask because you mention you bought an OSCommerce template before?

To access the back office of your site you need to go to

yoursite.com/admin

yoursite.com being your domain name and /admin being the name of your admin folder.

The reason i ask if you are using PrestaShop is because your website link in your profile is running on OSCommerce.

Edited by RCP90 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

You are actually using PrestaShop? I only ask because you mention you bought an OSCommerce template before?

yoursite.com/admin

yoursite.com being your domain name and /admin being the name of your admin folder.

The reason i ask if you are using PrestaShop is because your website link in your profile is running on OSCommerce.

i overwrited everything from the old site, oscommerce and now i need to do installation of my ecommerce prestashop template... any suggestions? i did find my admin panel under kristaleesrunway.com/psadmin .....

yoursite.com/admin

i just keep getting these errors after installing the zip folder: Warning: Copy/Paste your errors if you want to manually set the image type (in the "Images" page under the "Preferences" menu):

Some kind of image could not be added because they exists. Here's the list:

• Name image type: small_default (Width: 66px, Height: 66px)
  • Name image type: medium_default (Width: 80px, Height: 80px)
  • Name image type: large_default (Width: 304px, Height: 304px)
  • Name image type: thickbox_default (Width: 600px, Height: 600px)
  • Name image type: category_default (Width: 500px, Height: 150px)
  • Name image type: home_default (Width: 180px, Height: 180px)
  • Name image type: scene_default (Width: 520px, Height: 189px)
  • Name image type: m_scene_default (Width: 161px, Height: 58px)

Hi kristaleeann,

but it says that these are installed:

The following modules have been installed:

- customcontent

- customcontent2

- customcontent3

The following modules have been disabled:

- favoriteproducts

- favoriteproducts

The following modules have been enabled:

- carriercompare

- blockadvertising

- blockbestsellers

- blockcart

- blockcategories

- blockcms

- blockcontact

- blockcontactinfos

- blockcurrencies

- blockcustomerprivacy

- blocklanguages

- blockmanufacturer

- blockmyaccount

- blockmyaccountfooter

- blocknewproducts

- blocknewsletter

- blockpaymentlogo

- blockpermanentlinks

- blockreinsurance

- blocksearch

- blocksharefb

- blocksocial

- blockspecials

- blockstore

- blocksupplier

- blocktags

- blocktopmenu

- blockuserinfo

- blockviewed

- feeder

- homefeatured

- homeslider

- statsdata

- blocklink

- blockrss

- crossselling

- productscategory

- sendtoafriend

- blocklayered

- productcomments

- themeinstallator

i can see that the theme has been installed, but some themes require that you change the default image sizes.

In the themes zip folder is there anything that looks like documentation? If there is take a look at that and is should give theme specific installation instructions including any image specific changes you may need to make.

Once you have found/read installation documentation and do need to change the image sizes then go to

back office > preferences > images

and then change the dimensions as specified on the documentation

• Like 2

i can see that the theme has been installed, but some themes require that you change the default image sizes.

In the themes zip folder is there anything that looks like documentation? If there is take a look at that and is should give theme specific installation instructions including any image specific changes you may need to make.

Once you have found/read installation documentation and do need to change the image sizes then go to

back office > preferences > images

and then change the dimensions as specified on the documentation

you have been great help, i am sure that we will be in touch with more questions I may have ;) thanks a lot!!!
  • Like 1

Thanks RCP90 (classic weapon!). Kirstaleeann, please let us know if this issue is solved. We can then mark it as such. If you are having other issues, please make a new thread. Welcome to the Forum and Happy Selling!

i did have a question... i know that i have a long way to go but i am going to try and get it all done by today!!! is there anywhere i can create a logo for my store and banner for free?

Also, you can check this site out for super low cost logo design

Great, now my next question is... I was to have my grand opening almost a month ago and I have

been stuck trying to figure out oscommerce and with no help, I had to switch templates bc I couldn't wait

any longer. Do you guys know of anyone who does site work for an affordable cost? i've already put so much

money into my business, i just don't have a lot more to add to my budget. Thanks~ Kristalee

I am not sure of your Photoshop/Illustrator skills, but if you ar unfamilliar with them maybe Google free logo designers, i believe there are quite a few web based ones

i suck at photoshop lol ... i had a corel program i loved but my cd isn't working so looking for other alternatives.