Url indexing by Google does not work with PS

I think PS has a problem with it's urls getting indexed by Google.

Using the default sitemap module or XML Sitemaps both have the same result:

Sitemap module: 11 urls submitted (only products) 0 indexed.
XML Sitemaps: 49 urls submitted (also cms) 0 indexed.

Using the XML Sitemaps on my other osCommerce webshop I have almost all of the submitted urls indexed by Google!

I would have to agree with Tropisch, I have 2 sites that are live.

1 site has 822 Urls in the sitemap but only 1 URL indexed.
The second site has 1057 URLS in the sitemap with only 30 urls indexed.

Both sites are using the latest gsitemap module.

Its not the fact that i have duplicate content in the sitemap that is causing problems, its that the the sitemap is full of errors. In the current svn version of gsitemap module, google throws back an invalid date error, in the version before that the URL was wrong, there just always seems to be something wrong with it.

If i try and change the previous module to try and fix the url (its generating a url that shows the prefix twice) it breaks the module.

At the moment the gsitemap module is adding a timestamp along with the date for last modified, which google doesnt like to much.

I dont know anything about sitemaps but surely having newly modified content at the top of the sitemap would be more beneficial.

Hello

There're problems with gsitemap module, which must be corrected.

You can see a begining of solution here (sorry, in french !) : http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/13254/P45/discussion_generale/module_sitemap__correctif_pour_les_problemes_rencontrees

On my shops 100% of URLs are indexed ;-)

On the other hand, the canonical module doesn't works fine to my mind. I generate myself URLs for this Meta (see for example in http://www.mastermateriel.com : all URLs are unique because of HTTP 301 automatic redirections, and with Canonical URL !)

Hello

There're problems with gsitemap module, which must be corrected.

You can see a begining of solution here (sorry, in french !) :

Could you translate it for us?

BTW. My urls are now indexed, I use a selfgenerated sitemap instead of the PS Google sitemap-module.