[solved] How to modify one page checkout

nclark

We are wanting to modify the wording of the one page checkout. Instead of having the Notes we want it to be a place where the customer can add their purchase order number. Where would I go to change the wording. There are some other parts of it we would like to customize or get rid of as well.

Thanks,

Natalie

If you mean the box where it says

"leave a message"

"If you would like to add a comment about your order, please write it in the field below."

You can change that in the file order-carrier.tpl in the theme directory.

This file is included in order-opc.tpl which displays the whole one page checkout page.

For some reason all the files are showing as .php instead of .tpl, is there a setting I may have wrong that is causing this as all other Prestashop files I have worked with in the past have been .tpl?

Ok so that works but after looking at it what I would really like to do is create my own delivery methods to have an In-Store Pickup option or a option for us to Deliver via our Delivery Van and then change Payment Methods to Purchase Order # with the box for them to put it in and then instead of them choosing a payment option to confirm order it just say Place My Order. So I guess I would have to make a custom payment option with the text Place My Order but have no idea how or if it is possible to create my own shipping and payment options. Can either of you help with this?

I figured out how to create my own Carriers for the shipping part. So now my only question is how to create my own payment options or to change the Cash on Delivery option to say Place My Order?

if you want to create own payment method - you have to create own module.

If you want to translate Cash on delivery - use the translation tool located undert the localization -> translations tab in back office

Just wanted to let you know I figured out how to modify the actual COD module files to change the wording to what I needed. Thanks for all your help I was able to accomplish all my customization on the checkout page.