How to get customisation before buy

Hi all,

I would like to start with Prestashop and I want to sell things where the Customer can make some modifications before buying. For example, he can modify the color, the size and even add options to what he is buying.

I am wondering if this option needs to be part of a theme or is it an addon that I have to buy?

I am asking this because I want to make sure that if I buy a theme that I will not get locked up and won't be able to sell the way I need.

If you can point me in the right direction, I would be very greatful.

Many thanks,

Julia.

for example, you selling iPods. you've got 4 colors: red,blue,black,white with different sizes: 2gb, 4gb, 8gb 16gb

your customer can select: color, and size. Price depends on what he select. All of this is possible by default, you don't have to but external solutions.

read the documentation for products: http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS15/Adding+Products+and+Product+Categories

you can find there really helpfull stuff related to your question (attributes/features for products etc.)

Hi Vekia,

Thanks for your help, I will read this section.

Have you figured out how it all works? It's very easy in use. Moreover - if you install prestashop with example products (this option is available during the installation proces) - you can check how it works

Hi Vekia,

Thanks for your help. In fact I am looking now for a provider who can host this for me for the european market. So I didn't have time to install. But your guidance was really helpful as I have now made my decision :).

Thanks and have a very good weekend !