Hide/disable unavailable Product Attributes ( Dependent Attributes )

Hello,

I need a help friends. I searched a lot for the solution but couldnt figure it out yet. Some friends have already started the topic but i couldnt find the proper solution for it.

I think this is a must have feature for prestashop.

I have plenty of product attributes.

I need the dependent attributes. That means, i need to hide or disable the product attributes that are not available when the first attribute is selected. The later attribute value must change according to the attribute selected above it.

My PS version is 1.5.4

Please friends, i need to get it done.

Thanks

• Like 1

The module only affect the front end display, everything else works exactly the same.

If Prestashop can handle the amount of combination you use, then you will not have any issues with the module, however, if you create too many and get Out of memory errors, our module will not fix that.

The module only affect the front end display, everything else works exactly the same.

If Prestashop can handle the amount of combination you use, then you will not have any issues with the module, however, if you create too many and get Out of memory errors, our module will not fix that.

Hello,

Can we pass the attribute values to the product page through url or not ?

I mean in default prestashop combination, we can pass the attributes value through url which will be selected by default.

Does your module support this feature ?

• 3 months later...

Hi datshay,

Did this module work for you?

I need to do something similar to what you want.

For instance, on this page http://reflectiveoff.../icon-plus.html I want to be able to select a fabric type (Pyra or Omega Plus) and then the fabric colours attribute only display the relevant values.

eg. Select Pyra fabric and only the Pyra fabric colours are shown and not the Omega Plus.

Many thanks

Richard

Hi datshay,

Did this module work for you?

I need to do something similar to what you want.

For instance, on this page http://reflectiveoff.../icon-plus.html I want to be able to select a fabric type (Pyra or Omega Plus) and then the fabric colours attribute only display the relevant values.

eg. Select Pyra fabric and only the Pyra fabric colours are shown and not the Omega Plus.

Many thanks

Richard

Yes it is a great module. Worth purchasing my first module and support was also great.Just Go on.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

This has nothing to do with our module, as is only handles editing of combinations.

You can edit the attribute group (Catalog->Attributes) and change it from a color group, to radio / drop down.

Ok i followed your instructions also sent you a message at customer support, 

http://biophoretics.com/newsite/biochemicals-a-z/119-acarbose-cas-56180-94-0-serva.html 

check this URl in prestashop 1.4.9 i was able to select option do not display color in product combination page but in 1.5.4 I am unable to find that option here 

I would once again say that this is not related to our module, as it only edits combinations.

You would have the same issue without our module, you can try to remove it and see.

If so some reason you get the desired result without our module, send us a message and we will investigate, but this is most likely related to your theme / or simply a functionality that was removed between the PrestaShop versions.

• 9 months later...

The module has an option in the config page to hide or disable unavailable or out of stock combinations.

When this is enabled, the module will not show combinations that do not exist (and give out the message "the product is not available in this combination).

If you start building your combinations with the generator, you can then delete the combinations you do not wish to offer, and our module will do the rest,

• 2 months later...

Hello,

can I hide values of attributes depending on other attributes selected?

scenario:

attribute 1: 

-  model 1 

- model 2

Attribute 2:

- 100 units

- 200 units

Model 1 has 100 units, but not 200 units. Therefore, when the first dropdown selects model 1, i don't want the second dropdown to show 200 units.

Does it make sense?

Thanks,

Guillem

• 1 month later...

Hello Tomerg3 I want to clear my doubts before proceeding with the purchase.

Exactly my requirement is I sell ladies dresses. which can be purchased stitched or un-stitched. first of all I want this thing to be enabled. if someone selected stitched then only he must go to the other options otherwise he can proceed with the payment. And if he selected the stitched option, then other options must show like standard or customized stitching, if he selects standard then only standard sizes show to him otherwise if he select the customized then other options must show. 

Can all these requirements be fulfilled by your module or not.

Please help me, Thanks in advance.

easy: PrestaShop requires 1 attribute to be selected from each group, this means you cannot hide/show complete attribute groups based on another attribute selection.

What you can do, is have only 1 value available for a group such as "Not Available", and when there is an attribute selected that doe snot need this additional group, only "Not available" will be shown, otherwise the rest of the option would be.

We have a demo with backoffice access for the module, where you can try it out and make sure it does what you need.