vekia

[module] Free ban IP address - block any user you want

Prestashop - Block Ip Address free module

With this module you will be able to block any user IP you want. You can easily block hackers, crawlers and unwanted users. Decrease traffic and increase the safety of your store with this free module.

trusted-addon.png

banipfree-cover-big.png

what i am asking is how would you use this modual? prestashop does not have a built in who is online list like oscommerce has. How do you know who is on the site so you can make a decision to use your modual properly.

Thanks for the clarification.

You can get IP address in many ways.

1. first example - you've got stats in prestashop, you can get ip addresses there (it's easy to find crawlers and other unfriendly robots there).
  2. You can use also chat like ZOPIM - you've got there full list of online guests with full specification (ip, os, browser, etc.)
  3. Many of hosting providers have got own statistics (like awstats ot sth. similar) - you can also get IP address here
  4. If you have got an access to the apache / php error log - you can easy find crawlers and robots there
  5. If you're on own VPS / dedicated server - you can easily check logs for IP address
  6. ...and much more...

that's right, new version have got limitation, i decided to increase the limit to 10 ip adressess, i will upload it here tommorow ! :)

Nice move vekia, i think 10 ip adressess are enough for a free version and we appreciate that :D

I'm afraid it doesn't work in my PS 1.3.2.3.

what kind of errors you've got? im going to install this prestashop version.

have you got any overrides etc?

Przydałby się import i możliwość dodawania zakresów jak i całych klas IP

thanks for your comment, i really appreciate your suggestions - i think that i nearest future i will add these features

ps. remember that we are in english section ;)

what kind of errors you've got? im going to install this prestashop version.

have you got any overrides etc?

Simply I added an IP address I wanna block but checking my log files a few hours later I could see it wasn't block.

i have installed prestashop ver.1.4.9 and this module,everything is fine.

but i have two annoying spammer and i can block only one of them

now i blocked this IP:91.200.13.16 and waiting for module update :)

thank you jolvil.

unfortunately i dont have direct access to .htaccess file. my host dont allow this :(

i'm new in prestashop , can you explain step by step tutorial for ban ip in prestashop?

After you have enabled Friendly URLs, you MUST generate a new .htaccess file: go to the "Tools" tab, "Generators" sub-tab, check the "Friendly URL" box, and then click the "Generate .htaccess file" button. This will create a new.htaccess file at the root of the PrestaShop folder.

You can add banned IP lines on in the generator's "Specific configuration" field.

i will release update as soon as possible, for now i've got a lot of work with commercial stuff.

@fuba you're waiting for...? can you explain please? :)

so did you ever release this "updated" "free version" or have you not generated enough advertising/payments yet?  

Edited by storecover

so did you ever release this "updated" "free version" or have you not generated enough advertising/payments yet?  

Yes, it seems it ends with promisses...

STS    0

Need some help.  I am trying to use this module to block ip addresses of those placing advertising comments Blog posts on my site.  Just installed earlier today and tested on two IP's.  

I did a ping to determine their ip.  

It has been a few hours and I have gotten another post from survocom.com, see text below:

Url : "JUNKwww.survocom.com/jordans.php"

Comment :

This comment is attached to the news :...

Any idea why it would be getting through?  I pinged address again and gave same ip. Any suggestions?  

*NOTE typed JUNK in front of the URLs so I would not give them any additional free advertising.

I hope to get comfortable with this before moving on to the pro version.  

Thanks!

Edited by STS

STS    0

Is it possible to block a range of ip addresses?  Still trying to solve issue with survocom.  Their hosting provider Psychz Networks operates a block of ips 192.184.32.0/19.  Considering blocking all of these in case survocom has a dynamic ip.  (not sure it works that way, I am just guessing)

Ban IP is great tool for quick blocking of IP.

In case of attack you rather use firewall block or add IP (range) to .htaccess

STS    0

I am still trying to determine my issue.  I do not believe it is a problem with BAN IP, but is an issue with determining what IP is adding the content.  

Visits and visitors is only showing how many visitors I have, not IP address.  From discussion above, it looks like within the stats it MAY be storing the IP of the visitors.  Is this correct?  Can you tell me where to access it?

If you enable datamining modules in BO then you can see visitors IP.

Information can also be found in your firewall or webserver logs.

it's not good option in my opinion, i have many accounts with different password on each website (for security reasons)

so for me i use wrong passwords more than 3 times ...