Adding A Text Field To Product Description Page

ubgot

Hi all, ive searched the net looking for a solution to my issue with no luck. Everyone seems to point the questioner in the direction of the customizable tabs page which doesnt help me.

I have attached an image with a red cross/mark where i wan an additional text field for buyers to input a specific "code". The size of the quantity input field is ok for this.

The user must be able to type the code in the text field and send this with the order?

Is there anything i can do to achieve this? Is there a module or is this beyond the capabilities of the current version? probably not but would like a solution thats as easy as possibly to implement as im no programmer.

Thanks in appreciation.

post-554819-0-75331100-1367879406_thumb.jpg

ubgot, customizable properties are the thing to do this. You reject them without explaining why.

Your very specific demands about the location of the field suggest that you don't understand how template files work. I suggest you study that first.

• Like 1

Thanks i sorted this and settled for the customization feature as it does what i want but would (for design and ease of use) have prefered as per my first post regarding position.

Thanks for the responses.

If you want to change the position of the customization field you should change you template (product.tpl in the theme directory). The code that produces the customization tab starts with "<!-- Customizable products -->" on line 576 of the default template. With some changes you could move that code higher in the file at the location where you want it.

But Prestashop has a separation between algoritms and content and no one will make a module to do what should be done with a template. But if you need help changing your template - just ask.

• Like 1