Configuration of VPS for 15000+ product

Hi,

to everyone. I'm planning to switch to VPS since we already got 10000+ prouct and 1000 visitors a day.

And now our hosting company suggested me to get help what configuration should be optimal for following values:

15000+ product

around 60000 lines of combination (csv file)

2000+ visitors per day

heavy using of layered navigation

Different crawlers to scanning our site (they are most consuming resurces when crawling our site)

Which upload speed do we need for that kind of traffic. (at this moment there are around 7-10 visitors on site every minute = Google analytics real time )

or it is better to consider of buying our own server?

I'm very open for suggestion :D

Martin

The first thing to do is to a full install of prestashop on your vps to make sure that it meets base ps installation needs.

You overall question is pretty broad, you will need to learn a little about modifying configuration values of php/mysql/and the OS at runtime, i.e. more memory, optimized mysql values etc. These sort of questions can sometimes be better found by googling for general vps setup and not so much PS specific, i.e. there are better forums for learning about operation of your specific vps.

Another suggestion is to port your site (after you have tested a ps base installation) for testing, i.e. use the IP address of your vps to test your move and site performace..then when happy with moving/testing the simply change your dns to your new vps.

Edited by eTiendas.co (see edit history)