[Solved] How to remove 'my favorite products.' from the footer?

Infinity83

Hi,

I am having trouble removing the 'my favorite products' link on my footer.

I have disabled the favorite products module and removed all reference to it on the module positions. I also cannot find any reference to it on the blockmyaccount or blockmyaccount footer tpl document so really not sure why it is still there!

When I click on the link on my footer, it takes me to the 'page not available' 404 page. (I have attached an image to show the footer and what happens when I click on it). So this would indicate the module is no long enabled but there must still be a link somewhere within the code that is still present.

post-557386-0-77108400-1367745879_thumb.png

I would really appreciate it if somebody could point me in the right direction as to how I could remove this from my footer.

Thank you in advance.

Ps this is my first post so apologies if I have missed out anything essential - please let me know if you need any further information to help answer my query.

Edited by Infinity83 (see edit history)

Hi,

I am having trouble removing the 'my favorite products' link on my footer.

I have disabled the favorite products module and removed all reference to it on the module positions. I also cannot find any reference to it on the blockmyaccount or blockmyaccount footer tpl document so really not sure why it is still there!

When I click on the link on my footer, it takes me to the 'page not available' 404 page. (I have attached an image to show the footer and what happens when I click on it). So this would indicate the module is no long enabled but there must still be a link somewhere within the code that is still present.

post-557386-0-77108400-1367745879_thumb.png

I would really appreciate it if somebody could point me in the right direction as to how I could remove this from my footer.

Thank you in advance.

Ps this is my first post so apologies if I have missed out anything essential - please let me know if you need any further information to help answer my query.

Hi,

Is "Module".

The module is name:

Favorite Products

Check up on the tab "Modules -> Modules" not have disabled or uninstalled the module.

On the other hand, if you want to remove only the footer link, go to the tab "Modules -> Positions" seeks the block called "DisplayFooter".

Sorry for my English

this is a module Favourite products, go to the modules -> positions and look for "favourite products" module which is hooked to the

"My account block"

k3ySwFC.png

We have Responded almost simultaneously. (hehehe)

Sorry for my English

My guess would be that the cache files need to be deleted as it may be using the cached version that still has the link in it!. Easiest way is to turn off the compile and cache options in "Performance preferences" :)

Thank you all very much for the quick replies.

Vekia and Nadie - The favorite products module does not appear anywhere on the module positions in the back office as I have already deleted them. Yet it still appears within the footer on the front shop!

Paul C - I think you are right, it does appear to be something to do with the cache. If I go into performance under advanced parameters and disable cache, my favorite products then disappears from the footer when I refresh the front shop. However if I then enable cache, it reappears! Do you know of anyway to remove it completely, so I can then re-enable the cache without it coming back?

Many thanks.

If you've got troubles with cache - clear PrestaShop 1.5 cached data, delete the content of the following folders:

cache/smarty/compile

cache/smarty/cache

img/ tmp

Clear all data in the folders, except index.php

Reload your website in browser to take a look at the changes you have made.

don't forget about backup of those files (download directories to your hdd)

Thank you both. I downloaded the module you mentioned Nadie and used it to clear the blockmyaccountfooter cache and that has worked!

Thanks again to everyone that replied, really appreciate your help.

I will now mark the topic as solved.

Thank you both. I downloaded the module you mentioned Nadie and used it to clear the blockmyaccountfooter cache and that has worked!

Thanks again to everyone that replied, really appreciate your help.

I will now mark the topic as solved.

Perfect !

Is an honor help and serve!

Sorry for my English